BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

Mporium BMW

07-08-2015, 06:01 AM   #67
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez M3 View Post
I'll bring my wallet:-)
:lol

Always good to catch up, see you there :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 01:25 AM   #68
De_Cruelz
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Should be ready FRIDAY! The "street" is fairly unique and is pretty much as per the video but you need a good headset or speakers with lots of bass response to tell, the "track" or as they are also called (race) will be similar but louder. If I had to tie a similar sound to it I'm guessing the Eisenmann Race, but not quite as loud. Drone is something that is taken into account. Similar also to the Gintani Race which is a favorite but needs valves as a DD
Friday can't come sooner now!! Similar to an Eisenmann Race or Gintani Race = SOLD!

When you say not as loud, I'm assuming this is just the rear section? In which case, you could get a larger diameter X-Pipe with HFC and non-resonated to make it louder? Cheers mate!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 02:24 AM   #69
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by De_Cruelz View Post
Friday can't come sooner now!! Similar to an Eisenmann Race or Gintani Race = SOLD!

When you say not as loud, I'm assuming this is just the rear section? In which case, you could get a larger diameter X-Pipe with HFC and non-resonated to make it louder? Cheers mate!
Absolutely, we can tailor the X pipe to whatever you want, a 2.75" is available and with no resonator that would sound nicely obscene

A better option would be to reduce the size of the resonator from a 12" to a 10" but to it in a 2.75" so it doesn't bark as much but the resonator would knock back the drone.

I can work in with whatever you want. It can get very loud quickly playing around with that. What I'd recommend would be to do the 2.75" X pipe with HF Cats and 10" x 4 " resonators and then decide on the rears, I think the existing rear setup would give you what you want with the custom X pipe. I'm quite happy to fit the X to my car and video it with the existing rear section to see if that's what you want, and if that's not loud enough we can do the race mufflers for you.

Last thing any of us wants is to spend good money then not be 100% happy so it's no biggie to make the time to do a progress video so you can see how its going

Currently I'm running the stock X with the track pipe option and our valved rear system which I think is the most popular so the car remains available to listen to.

Hope that helps
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 01:51 AM   #70
De_Cruelz
Private
Australia
Rep

Hey Dave, apologies for the late reply on this! I'm keen to listen to the configuration with 2.75" X pipe with HF Cats and 10" x 4 " paired with the current valved rears.

What you are offering is way above and beyond anyone out there with this kind of service. I'll send you a PM shortly =D Cheers mate, truly and much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 02:06 AM   #71
De_Cruelz
Private
Australia
Rep

Hmm..not sure if my PMs went through - I keep getting an error after I submit.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 03:05 AM   #72
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey Dave, apologies for the late reply on this! I'm keen to listen to the configuration with 2.75" X pipe with HF Cats and 10" x 4 " paired with the current valved rears.

What you are offering is way above and beyond anyone out there with this kind of service. I'll send you a PM shortly =D Cheers mate, truly and much appreciated!
That's OK I like doing it, getting the right sound is always a challenge and it's been a journey to get to here.
I've found there are 2 lines of preference, the traditional deep muscle car sound (which is my pref) or the raspy sharper sound, more like an F1 sound, the latter being easy to produce, the deep v8 sound is hard to get right without causing a lot of drone, but I think we pretty much have that nailed. Th

I don't currently have a 2.75" system like that built, we are going to build one and try it
No PM from you but always feel free to contact me by clicking on the image link

Cheers

Dave
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 03:52 AM   #73
De_Cruelz
Private
Australia
Rep

Hey Dave, like yourself I prefer the deep v8 rumble, especially when just cruising along at slow speeds or lifting off after WOT and you hear the revs drop, only to pick it up again. For some reason I've never been a big fan or decided on which exhaust sounds I like during WOT, which most YouTube clips seem to do. Not sure if it's just me getting old but I prefer to hear an exhaust at cruising speeds through some twisties - not the full on WOT stuff haha!

Anyway I digress but I couldn't send you a pm for some reason. I'll try other means when I get back on a computer
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 04:02 AM   #74
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey Dave, like yourself I prefer the deep v8 rumble, especially when just cruising along at slow speeds or lifting off after WOT and you hear the revs drop, only to pick it up again. For some reason I've never been a big fan or decided on which exhaust sounds I like during WOT, which most YouTube clips seem to do. Not sure if it's just me getting old but I prefer to hear an exhaust at cruising speeds through some twisties - not the full on WOT stuff haha!

Anyway I digress but I couldn't send you a pm for some reason. I'll try other means when I get back on a computer
Absolutely, for everyone that's the majority range you sit in.
This vid is quite accurate with sound if you have a reasonable headset or speakers that can pickup bass
Its on the other thread but here is anyway

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 03:37 PM   #75
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Dave,

I am considering buying an M3 World X-Pipe. I just sent some questions to M3 World via their web page. One I forgot to ask:

Is the M3 World 2.75 inch X-Pipe option, with high flow cats and dual resonators, compatible with the E92 M3 stock (oem) rear muffler section pipes?
Yes it its totally compatible with the OE muffler or any OE compliant rear section.

The X pipe can be fitted without removal of the Stock rear section and is a relatively small job.
You will need to update the Harrop calibration file which will only take minutes, this takes into consideration the increased flow

Iv'e just replied to your email
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2015, 05:33 PM   #76
Ingenio
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Grey E92 M3 (6MT)

Hi Dave... Out of interest.... after getting the BPM Stage 2 tune post test-pipe install, would I have to do it again (or get something else) if I went with an X-pipe later?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #77
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenio View Post
Hi Dave... Out of interest.... after getting the BPM Stage 2 tune post test-pipe install, would I have to do it again (or get something else) if I went with an X-pipe later?
No Stuart, they can go straight on and the ECU will recalibrate itself. Not only that we do the X pipe that will bolt straight to the existing test pipes saving you the cost of replacing the engine pipes. Whatever the on line price is for the X pipes is $300 less than the full system.

Marc just fitted a full X pipe to his
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 06:20 PM   #78
Ingenio
Major
Australia
Rep

Hmmm.... It's like after my rod bearing bad news I need to spend more money on something fun! :-) I'll try Marc a line as if love to have a listen!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 06:24 PM   #79
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hmmm.... It's like after my rod bearing bad news I need to spend more money on something fun! :-) I'll try Marc a line as if love to have a listen!
It will sound different again with the Corsa. Not a lot louder, maybe a little less drone than your current setup. I take it Josh will be doing the bearings 4 U?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 06:32 PM   #80
Ingenio
Major
Australia
Rep

As long as it's not more raspy I'll be happy...

As for Josh doing the work... You bet! Ordered all the bits, just waiting on FedEx from the US to do its thing...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 11:02 PM   #81
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
As long as it's not more raspy I'll be happy...

As for Josh doing the work... You bet! Ordered all the bits, just waiting on FedEx from the US to do its thing...
I'm sure Marc will take you for a run (after charging his battery )

The X pipe is a slightly higher pitch in design but not what you would call raspy.
Dave's exhaust is quite different, Marc's would be closer to the Corsa. The stock X pipe with primary cat delete has a bit more drone than my X pipe but is a tad quieter
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 02:29 AM   #82
Ingenio
Major
Australia
Rep

I good to know Dave... perhaps I should buy Marc a charger for Xmas!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #83
cplagz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 AlpineWeiss 3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
1986 BMW 325  [0.00]
Quote:
I good to know Dave... perhaps I should buy Marc a charger for Xmas!
Haha, I have a charger! Wouldn't save a battery below 8v though.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 07:54 PM   #84
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplagz View Post
Haha, I have a charger! Wouldn't save a battery below 8v though.
That's it, once an AGM battery drops below terminal voltage that's it, and they are expensive too
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 05:29 AM   #85
cplagz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
1986 BMW 325  [0.00]
Well I finally decided to run the vacuum lines for my valves. It's not a hard job to do really, takes a bit of time and patience to do it right.

I ran the line from the drivers side compartment (where brake booster is) through the firewall nipple (this is about the hardest bit IMHO) then pulled all the trims off and tucked it in along the wiring harness through to the boot. I haven't hooked the controller up yet as one of the wires had snapped so I pulled all the pins out of the plug, thought I had a photo on my phone of it, went to put it back together and voila ... no photo. Dave you have PM
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 05:48 AM   #86
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplagz View Post
Well I finally decided to run the vacuum lines for my valves. It's not a hard job to do really, takes a bit of time and patience to do it right.

I ran the line from the drivers side compartment (where brake booster is) through the firewall nipple (this is about the hardest bit IMHO) then pulled all the trims off and tucked it in along the wiring harness through to the boot. I haven't hooked the controller up yet as one of the wires had snapped so I pulled all the pins out of the plug, thought I had a photo on my phone of it, went to put it back together and voila ... no photo. Dave you have PM
Easy fixed Marc, responded already.
You did the install the easiest way off a hoist. I'm half way through an install doc for the valves.

Getting wiring or anything through the firewall into that area at the back of the master cylinder can be a pain... but if you go to an Autobarn, or similar store you can buy spring with a magnet on the end for getting into hard places where you've dropped that occasional nut or bolt. Taking the magnet off that and putting some CRC on the spring makes it easy to feed from inside the car via that spare nipple as it will push its way up past the hydraulic components
Disconnect the Gnd terminal of the battery first though.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #87
cplagz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
1986 BMW 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Easy fixed Marc, responded already.
You did the install the easiest way off a hoist. I'm half way through an install doc for the valves.

Getting wiring or anything through the firewall into that area at the back of the master cylinder can be a pain... but if you go to an Autobarn, or similar store you can buy spring with a magnet on the end for getting into hard places where you've dropped that occasional nut or bolt. Taking the magnet off that and putting some CRC on the spring makes it easy to feed from inside the car via that spare nipple as it will push its way up past the hydraulic components
Disconnect the Gnd terminal of the battery first though.

GND disconnect is default state of play these days. It also stops the annoying gong and lights shining in my eyes I ended up using a large screw driver into the firewall nipple and then pulled it back to turn it inside out, snipped the end off and then put a wooden skewer into the vac line and pushed it through
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 01:51 PM   #88
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
It's very rewarding to get good feedback. The US market is increasing and for our friends in USA with no import duties, our local taxes being deducted the cost of purchase in USA is only 62 cents US per dollar of the locally advertised price with the current exchange rate.

Dr Ferry from South Carolina has kindly provided feedback on his recent purchase

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...postcount=2224
Appreciate 0