BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

02-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #23
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Big fan of Gintani and the guys over there
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #24
hammbone50
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Trust me you will be happy.

It is only loud since its brand new, after it "breaks in" which will be 3-4 days, you'll hear the exhaust get quieter and quieter as the days go by. It is quieter then the Eis Race (I've heard them both in person). My friend has the full sport on his car and it literally is the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard. I myself ordered a custom Gintani Sport You'll hear my car soon.
Would like to know if the Gintani sport requires cutting of the original exhaust. Do they make a mid section (connecting pipes)? I have a UUC TSE exhaust on my current 330ci and I want something about the same level of loudness.... maybe a little louder.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #25
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammbone50 View Post
Would like to know if the Gintani sport requires cutting of the original exhaust. Do they make a mid section (connecting pipes)? I have a UUC TSE exhaust on my current 330ci and I want something about the same level of loudness.... maybe a little louder.
No cutting required with the Gintani exhaust systems. They make the full exhaust. U can by just the axle back, just the x pipe with cats or catless or the full system.
      03-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #26
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

AMpower
The exhaust looks and sounds great. I really like how the black tips look on the lemans blue. Good call on that.
      03-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #27
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Gintani exhaust in ceramic black

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #28
hammbone50
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
No cutting required with the Gintani exhaust systems. They make the full exhaust. U can by just the axle back, just the x pipe with cats or catless or the full system.
Thanks so you are saying with just the axle back there is no cutting? or do I have to pair that with the x-pipe. I think I would do HF cats if I went that route, do they have that option or just the option to bolt up to the stock cats?

Can anyone break down the power gains?
Axle back only:
Axle back with x-pipe and HF cats:
Full system (guessing this is catless?):

Thanks for all the help!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #29
fatpanda
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

just got my gintani sport installed. Overall nice exhaust. Quality isn't as good as brands such as Fujitsubo, GruppeM or Js Racing. Nice deep bassy sound & sounds good on downshifts. "Drone" like sound at about 1.8K-2.1K. It can get irritating with full auto mode. If driven in manual, its easier to move out of this range. Some other forummers have said that the sound gets quieter over time so I hope that happens. Above 2.1k, theres no drone to be heard.

Pretty simple installation. Obvious cabin resonance can be felt with interior buzzing along with the exhaust hum. For comparison, the stock xos has resonance tuned out from factory. This "drone" isnt as bad as some straight thrus.
Appreciate 0