BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

10-01-2008, 11:54 AM   #23
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeDTM View Post
My V1 had no chance since I got hit with laser.
time to ditch the V1 for a passport 9500ci....laser jamming FTW!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #24
ericlikescars
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman mike View Post
Supreme, You should know better than to speed through your own neighborhood. People expect a degree of safety in their own neighborhoods. But when the people that actually live there can't control themselves and thus endanger everyone else what do you do? My hood has a big problem with a-holes speeding down our streets and one day someone's child or pet is going to be hurt. All because someone couldn't control their own behavior. Of course the flip side to that argument is if the person had absolutely no desire to control their behavior which would imply a sociopathic element to the speeding.
Ok, dad.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #25
SupremeDTM
MEISTERWATCHES.COM
Philippines
Rep
Drives: SG E92 M3

i live along a major street in my city where my street is the cross street. the speed limit is usually 45, its 35 where i got pulled over since it curves a little, even though its wide as hell. sojust to clarify. i was in no way doing 57 in a neighborhood street. driving the m3 on wide open streets that curve at speed limit is a little difficult. the weird thing about the cop that pulled me over was that he was sitting in the dark behind a fence, there were no light shining anywhere near him.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #26
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

First thing you need to do is get an extension on your court date. Motorcycle cops usually set it up to where they deal with a bunch if not all of there pending tickets on the same day so that police officer isnt in court everyday. Make sure its for a different day of the week than originally set up for. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #27
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan(e92) View Post
First thing you need to do is get an extension on your court date. Motorcycle cops usually set it up to where they deal with a bunch if not all of there pending tickets on the same day so that police officer isnt in court everyday. Make sure its for a different day of the week than originally set up for. Good luck.
or just keep getting it reset over and over...time is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #28
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari6891 View Post
thats shitty
GL in court
Am I missing something? Why is everyone saying good luck in court or fight it? He admitted he was speeding and that the car was over a month old and he didn't have his tag mounted. Sounds like he is guilty as charged. Pay your ticket, take the class, and learn your lesson. Don't waste the taxpayers money going to court.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #29
Jdebitjr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 and 2015 M3 Sedans

My brother is a police officer, and they will get 3 days suspension for not showing up in court.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #30
Alumac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prudently

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Am I missing something? Why is everyone saying good luck in court or fight it? He admitted he was speeding and that the car was over a month old and he didn't have his tag mounted. Sounds like he is guilty as charged. Pay your ticket, take the class, and learn your lesson. Don't waste the taxpayers money going to court.
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #31
ferrari6891
the original brown guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MBB/SO X5M Comp

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Are you sure there is no road by your house that you know very well that everybody goes faster than the speed limit?
and if you don't then that pretty much leaves you as that one person driving in the right lane doing the speed limit.
No hate to you and don't take it personally, but everybody does it!!
2011 E90 ///M3 AW/FR
2008 E92 ///M3 IB/BLK
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #32
rfedele
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari6891 View Post
Are you sure there is no road by your house that you know very well that everybody goes faster than the speed limit?
and if you don't then that pretty much leaves you as that one person driving in the right lane doing the speed limit.
No hate to you and don't take it personally, but everybody does it!!
Just because everyone does it, doesn't mean you should get a pass for doing it as well. Tut is simply saying if you do it and get caught you pay a price.

present: 08 E90 M3 / past: 2007 997 C2, 2005 997 C2S, 2005 Audi S4, 2004 Volvo S60R
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #33
E. Honda
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
Shouldn't matter, don't they get paid time-and-a-half for going to court? I would still fight the ticket hoping he no-shows. Good luck, there's always online traffic school...

edit: I know a temporary solution to pass inspection for your front plate, PM me if you want.
Lol, you're crazy! Cops get paid money for going to court because it's considered 'over-time'. That's what my friend's dad told me.

Last edited by E. Honda; 10-02-2008 at 09:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #34
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsy View Post
have you seen this for the front license plate: http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/prod...a2cf638863eab0
I can't believe this even exists, I'm sure it would save you of a ticket if you had one but who would seriously buy one....I would love to see a cops face when he pulls you over for no plate then when he questions you about it and you tell him that he should take another look, I'm sure he'll be like WTF I could have sworn there was not plate there a minute ago...hilarious, I guess if you get pulled over enough times for it it'll be considerable...mmmm naahhh!!

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #35
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Honda View Post
Lol, you're crazy! Cops get paid MADE MONEY for going to court because it's considered 'over-time'. That's what my friend's dad told me.
what the fuck is "made money" n00b? and do i know your friend's dad? tell him i said hi anyways.
      10-02-2008, 04:10 AM   #36
GnokGnik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997 C2S

wtf? Just plead guilty and get it over with. The work you have to put up with to get A HIGHER CHANCE of beating the tickets is imo not worth it. Plus there is something along the lines of a 80% guilty bias (specially when you drive a fast/expensive car). Fighting it in court will make the judge give you a harsher sentence. On top of that you're guilty and don't have to worry about being unjustly charged lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #37
E. Honda
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
what the fuck is "made money" n00b? and do i know your friend's dad? tell him i said hi anyways.
wow I can't spell, or have proper grammar....cops get paid money* because then they write it down as overtime. He said hi back. He said he misses giving you tickets.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #38
Herms
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfedele View Post
Just because everyone does it, doesn't mean you should get a pass for doing it as well. Tut is simply saying if you do it and get caught you pay a price.
bulilshit. the whole notion of getting caught for doing something that everybody does makes it arbitrary. not to mention our structure of speed limits and tickets are less about safety and more about finding excuses to bilk the public out of more money. no shame at all in trying to get out of ticket.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #39
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Cops usually get payed straight time for being in court and it is usually considered part of their duty. But, go to court anyway. Whether he shows or not, the judge, unless he is having a bad day, will usually give you a break if you have a clean record. Hiring a lawyer would be a good thing too if you don't mind spending the money.

And be careful in the neighborhood.
Cops get overtime pay (time and a half) when they are summoned to court during their off duty hours. Many times it is a 4 hour minimum, which is great when it only takes 1 hour.

You really shouldn 't give someone meaningless advice about what the judge may or may not do.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #40
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Cops get overtime pay (time and a half) when they are summoned to court during their off duty hours. Many times it is a 4 hour minimum, which is great when it only takes 1 hour.

You really shouldn 't give someone meaningless advice about what the judge may or may not do.
Maybe they get overtime in NY. In MD, at least the departments I know about, cops get scheduled to go to court just as if they were on duty. No overtime pay, just straight time.

I used to sit in traffic court for entertainment while I was waiting for my cases to come up in criminal court. (Yes, I had a police commission and arrested people.) In at least 80% of the time, judges will downgrade the traffic offense for those that showed up. About 80% of the tickets were for plain speeding -- not DUI, aggressive driving, etc. But most speeding tickets ended in PBJ and the defendant would pay court costs. In that case, it does not go on your record (unless you get other tickets within a couple years) and you don't pay as much in court as you would for the ticket if you just mailed it in. Of course, if your time is more valuable ...

My advice is not meaningless. It is based on observation. Of course, things may vary in your area. But, I still think in general that going to court is the better option than paying the ticket outright.
      10-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #41
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herms View Post
bulilshit. the whole notion of getting caught for doing something that everybody does makes it arbitrary. not to mention our structure of speed limits and tickets are less about safety and more about finding excuses to bilk the public out of more money. no shame at all in trying to get out of ticket.
+1000000
      10-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #42
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover

that sucks, my mom got a 55 in 35 once too in her s550. The traffic is usually 50ish because its an empty road. goodluck hope he wont show !
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 11:46 PM   #43
rfedele
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herms View Post
I agree he has every right to attempt to minimize the penalty or to try and avoid it completely - but lets not pretend that since others do it there should be no enforcement of any traffic laws.

your statement about arbitrariness lacks sense. how would you suggest enforcement? reasoning like this leads to traffic cameras that catch all speeders, including those doing +1 over the limit. watch what you wish for.

present: 08 E90 M3 / past: 2007 997 C2, 2005 997 C2S, 2005 Audi S4, 2004 Volvo S60R
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #44
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08

GL in court. Hope the judge gets laid the night before.
Appreciate 0