BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

06-25-2014, 01:13 AM   #463
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanhdom View Post
lol HRE wheels can get to $10k also.

this thread is just a bunch of people holding onto some errors a company made a couple years ago. if there was something that happened recently, I can understand but years ago is pretty petty especially in it's more infant stages.
"Some errors" is NOT the same a BLATANTLY LYING. Infant stages.. have you heard of 360 Forged?? How did they do with that company??? And ADV had been out for a couple years by that time anyway.
How do you explain all that TUV talk on their website now? They're still not TUV certified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
It's dumb that's all. My Volks are just as good if not better (plus lighter) than all those wheels and cost much, much less.
Your VOLKS are HEAD AND SHOULDERS better than any of those wheels. There are only a few 8,000 TON wheel presses in the world. Those other companies don't have access to one. They don't race like VOLK does and they haven't been around anywhere close to how long VOLK has been making TOP QUALITY wheels.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 06-25-2014 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #464
Porschefile
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

1. ADV's problem isn't that they made a mistake a few years ago. It is that they lied and fraudulently misrepresented their qualifications (in addition to covering up the whole "lightening" holes). Shady business practices tend to stick around more than an honest mistake. I'd run their wheels if they were $1000 a set like they should be IMO. Picking them over BBS/HRE/Volk/Forgeline etc. is crazy to me, but everyone has the right to spend their own money how they see it.

2. The argument that the wheels must be good because some exotic cars run them is hilarious. I really don't even know what to say to someone that thinks a wheel is better or worse due to the fact that a certain brand uses them. Racing tests wheels, not cars that see 1k miles a year.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #465
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
you're in a different situation than exotic car owners. you're fine with TE37's or whatever Volks you have on the M3. Also this is pretty off topic and doesn't pertain to ADV1 quality.

what does that even mean?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #466
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: IG: khanhdom

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90
Quote:
you're in a different situation than exotic car owners. you're fine with TE37's or whatever Volks you have on the M3. Also this is pretty off topic and doesn't pertain to ADV1 quality.

what does that even mean?
they don't make sizing for exotics
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #467
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
1. ADV's problem isn't that they made a mistake a few years ago. It is that they lied and fraudulently misrepresented their qualifications (in addition to covering up the whole "lightening" holes). Shady business practices tend to stick around more than an honest mistake. I'd run their wheels if they were $1000 a set like they should be IMO. Picking them over BBS/HRE/Volk/Forgeline etc. is crazy to me, but everyone has the right to spend their own money how they see it.

2. The argument that the wheels must be good because some exotic cars run them is hilarious. I really don't even know what to say to someone that thinks a wheel is better or worse due to the fact that a certain brand uses them. Racing tests wheels, not cars that see 1k miles a year.
That's seriously how the upper crust tend to think.
Most don't know jack about cars, other than it's a status symbol. How many Ferrari's or Lambos go on the track? How many owners have ever changed their own oil on any car? How many even know what JWL or TUV or SAE mean??

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #468
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
That's seriously how the upper crust tend to think.
Most don't know jack about cars, other than it's a status symbol. How many Ferrari's or Lambos go on the track? How many owners have ever changed their own oil on any car? How many even know what JWL or TUV or SAE mean??

I have learned that the following is 99.9% true:

The more money people have (i.e. more expensive the car) the less knowledge/technical the owner is.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #469
acuteperformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB

I've come to realize that 99.9% of the people who can afford the exotics are too busy making money to have the time to learn the ins-and-outs of a car. Or they just have different priorities, "with my free time I'd rather spend time with family instead of learning about my car."
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #470
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
I've come to realize that 99.9% of the people who can afford the exotics are too busy making money to have the time to learn the ins-and-outs of a car. Or they just have different priorities, "with my free time I'd rather spend time with family instead of learning about my car."
I don't agree with that. It's not like because we don't drive supercars, we aren't busy with work. Not to mention, if I could afford an exotic, my friends and I would be working on them just like I do with my M3's. Except the garage we work in would have a lift, a big screen TV and a stripper pole.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #471
acuteperformance
United_States
Rep

People have different priorities. It's not right to poo-poo on someone because their priority isn't to learn everything about their cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #472
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by acuteperformance View Post
People have different priorities. It's not right to poo-poo on someone because their priority isn't to learn everything about their cars.
Isn't that the whole point of being a car guy? Not saying it's wrong to not have time or not wanting to learn, but then don't pretend you are a car guy.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2014, 01:45 PM   #473
acuteperformance
United_States
Rep

What qualifies someone to be a car guy? How much do I need to know about the car I drive?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #474
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430, Aston V12 VS

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I don't agree with that. It's not like because we don't drive supercars, we aren't busy with work. Not to mention, if I could afford an exotic, my friends and I would be working on them just like I do with my M3's. Except the garage we work in would have a lift, a big screen TV and a stripper pole.
I paid a shop to install Novitec springs on my F430 although I prob could get some of my friends do it in a garage. It will take more time to do it yourself plus you could get more problems/not doing it the right way because no experience working in that particular car and other stuff like old bolt seized/stripped, not properly torqued etc.
I did install coils on my old E39 M5 with my friends long time ago but ended up paying a shop to check everything and redo one of the coils, plus we didn't get to install the rear interior deck properly.

I'd choose to do something that will make me more money for my next Ferrari instead spending the whole day to do DIY stuff
Plus good luck selling your Ferrari/Lambo at a good price if you don't have full service records, annual full fluids, minor and major service, repair etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #475
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
I paid a shop to install Novitec springs on my F430 although I prob could get some of my friends do it in a garage. It will take more time to do it yourself plus you could get more problems/not doing it the right way because no experience working in that particular car and other stuff like old bolt seized/stripped, not properly torqued etc.
I did install coils on my old E39 M5 with my friends long time ago but ended up paying a shop to check everything and redo one of the coils, plus we didn't get to install the rear interior deck properly.

I'd choose to do something that will make me more money for my next Ferrari instead spending the whole day to do DIY stuff
Plus good luck selling your Ferrari/Lambo at a good price if you don't have full service records, annual full fluids, minor and major service, repair etc.
That's completely different. Obviously you enjoyed your car enough that you did do the DIY yourself. Never said you yourself aren't a car enthusiast. And not arguing about exotics needing paperwork either.

But if I told a so called car fan, lefty loosy, righty tighty, and they have no idea what that means. Or if you don't know how to check (dipstick or electronically) your engine oil level? Then no, you are not a car guy by any means.

But that's not really what this thread is about so back on topic
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #476
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Thats my kind of garage.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #477
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Thats my kind of garage.
If that was my garage, I would be too distracted to get much done in there.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #478
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
My previous ADV.1 wheels were perfect, same as my friend's with ADV.1 wheels.
All are actual experience btw and actual owners.

Most people just hate something nice that they couldn't afford. They usually just say anything like this is overpriced and junk.
I can't afford a Richard Mille watch, it's a very nice piece but I don't hate it.
I think my AP watch is overpriced, but I love it even though a Casio watch or my iPhone can do the same thing or better.
Same with my wife's $10K Hermes purse etc, they're overpriced but I don't hate them.

You prob don't know me, if for some reason I find something wrong with my ADV.1 wheels, for sure it will be all over social media, forums, jalopnik etc.

LOL, you're probably pushing 40 and using the term "hate"

Let's dial it back, you don't know me, or my financial status.. I'm honestly curious as to why you had to list your materialistic items for us to see. Should I list my brand name watch also, and real estate worth at 23?
Meh. Maybe another day.

Your entire post just showed everyone how insecure you are.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #479
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
LOL, you're probably pushing 40 and using the term "hate"

Let's dial it back, you don't know me, or my financial status.. I'm honestly curious as to why you had to list your materialistic items for us to see. Should I list my brand name watch also, and real estate worth at 23?
Meh. Maybe another day.

Your entire post just showed everyone how insecure you are.
Dude....my yacht (you know, like $50 mil) is overpriced...but I like it. Bet a $40 mil yacht could do most of what I wanted, but just had to have the helipad.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #480
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
Dude....my yacht (you know, like $50 mil) is overpriced...but I like it. Bet a $40 mil yacht could do most of what I wanted, but just had to have the helipad.

without the helipad, you'd be a nobody. obviously.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #481
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Gentlemen, please. Please bring it back on-topic--I need more of a venue to rationalize buying cast "forged" wheels for my used Ferrari.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #482
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
That dude has ADV.1 wheels on his 5000HP Lambo that never gets driven. You need more proof?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #483
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

Don't care for all the ADV1, BC, or HRE stuff.

Got two set of Volks, TE37SL Black Edition and G25, love them.

If I get an exotic one day, I will either use the OEM wheels or get some BBS FIs.
      07-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #484
Tra08R
Money never sleeps
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 - 2007

From the sound of things I've come to the conclusion that exotic car owners like ADV1 coz they are like those massive amazing looking fake boobs. Sure they look good but they don't function nor are they up to the task of genuine ones be it for feeding purposes or the squeeze test. And other brands like Volks and BBS are like a pair of perfectly shaped albeit a bit naturally and common looking breast.

Rich folks just wants the girl for show you think they do cardio to make use of them? He'll no. ADV1 it is.
Appreciate 1
Aktavate245.50