BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

03-31-2008, 04:50 PM   #2267
bmw-m6
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceofAJ View Post
First of all let me start out by showing you what I read on Fark to get me started on this thread "BMW of Lincoln Nebraska still withholding penis extension from eBay winner". I had no idea what to think I just wanted to find out what it was all about. The link took me to Autoblog.com, and as I read it I wanted to find out more, which brought me to here. Through reading the first few pages, and even now I 100% support Ken in getting the car. As people said in the beginning, if he would have said he made a "mistake" when bidding and didn't really want to buy the car, he still would have been held fully responsible for paying for it.

Now for the real reason I am posting here is because of posts form BMW M5 Power, as well as people's anger towards BMWNA for not stepping in. BMW M5 Power is completely right in HAG selling more cars now, because once you are in the door you are hooked and they can convince you that they are the right ones and Ken is making stuff up. The car dealer's job is to make you think that you are pulling one over on them, as apposed to vice versa. So people think they are getting great deals because of the whole ordeal, and HAG is selling more cars than they would normally.

Now for BMWNA. Maybe this will show that Big business does not care about the consumer, just your money. BMW doesn't care what you think about the individual dealer. They know you will buy their car because of the name not the greatness of the car. There could be a dog turd in the back of every BMW and people that want the car, no matter how overpriced it is because of the name, will still buy it. I'm not trying to knock any BMW owners, lord knows if I had the money I might have one, but if their product is lacking don't buy it.

This is only my opinion, burn me at the stake all you want.

first of all, i doubt their selling practices would entice ppl to come in. its a well known fact that they can offer a "deal" to hook hagglers, but they'll get them with teh financing. thats why you do your own financing to get the best rate...you buy the car from them, and financing isn't dependent on it. like a house, you get get the loan, then broker a deal. what if a bmw dealer sold a car at half off, but doubled the interest rate ? not such a good deal anymore now is it ?

although bmwna didn't do anything, it shows how they stand behind a dealer who's wrong rather than a consumer who is right. they go above and beyond with their pink car for cancer awareness, but here, they play within the rules and say they have no say with individual dealers.

well, if thats the case, no one will buy from that dealer, and the dealer will close shop.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 05:31 PM   #2268
Eddietheman
Rep
Drives: Station Wagon ftw

Congrats man, can't wait to see the pics.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #2269
Illan
Rep
Drives: MB 190e

hey man congrat on getting the car
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 05:54 PM   #2270
AML
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunga View Post
Illustration of the whole case.....
LMAO
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 05:55 PM   #2271
AML
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
*** UPDATE ***

I've confirmed that my leasing company has wired the money, and that the funds have been received by the dealership. Props to Brandi at ACS Leasing and Ryan Mathis at Husker for their hard work, in making this happen.

So it looks as if we are moving forward.

I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to post here. Although I have not been at liberty to post these past few days, I've read all the entries that everyone here has posted. No doubt alot of speculation, but dissenting opinion or not, I appreciate you taking the time to expressing your opinion and interest in my situation.

Also, I'd like to thank the people at Husker Auto Group for their hard work in finalizing the transaction. Alot of people have been caught in the crossfire, and no doubt that this past week has been very taxing on them.

Lastly, I look forward to seeing my car get on the truck for delivery. Believe it or not, this ordeal has been taxing on me as well. As a fellow car enthusiast, I too would like nothing more than the opportunity to appreciate the car for what it is.

Jeff Goman, the local BMW CCA president has offered to take pictures and such, as its prepped for its journey to Los Angeles. Thank you for that.
Currently, we are set to ship out on 4/2, arrival here in LA on 4/9.
I need to contact Phillipe over at South Bay BMW, to make sure the logistics are OK. I'll update again when I have more information.

Thanks again,

Ken
About damn time, Ken!! Don't forget to post the pics once you get it.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 06:08 PM   #2272
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Good to hear Ken. Way to stick it to those shady yankos.
Sitting in that car for the first time will be sweeter than anything you have ever known.
      03-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #2273
toddy33
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Lexus IS250

Congratulations! I am thrilled for you. Can't wait to see the pics!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 06:45 PM   #2274
rob1983
Registered
Rep
Drives: Merc

Good to hear Ken.

I have been following the story for a while. Enjoy the car. Even though it ain't a Merc.

-Rob

Sydney, Australia
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #2275
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW M5

SOLD !!!!

Guys/Gals,

I Just came from the dealership. Spoke with Fil and Ryan. As Ken said, money has been received and the car IS PAID FOR AND WILL BE SHIPPED Wednesday. As promised, I am going out Wednesday to take pictures of the load-up on the transport. I also saw the two Chrome BMW of Lincoln license plate frames in their boxes, all the manuals window sticker etc. all ready to go. I further took a picture of the speedometer with the actual mileage, the interior and another exterior shot. I am also going to mail Ken the newspaper article from the Lincoln Journal Star as part of the documentation of this story. I will post more pictures Wednesday. PLEASE NOTE: The mileage is exactly as it was posted in the auction (13 miles).

Jeff Gomon
Attached Images

Last edited by BMW M5 Power; 03-31-2008 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: Just wanted to add some text.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #2276
Old Cdn E36
Rep
Drives: 1995 E36 318i

Well, that's GOOD news!
Congrats from North of the border!!

(grammar cops, did I punctuate OK?)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 06:57 PM   #2277
Shorebird
Rep
Drives: 1976 2002

The Saying: DON'T COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY ARE HATCHED.

Who Said It: Aesop

When: c. 570 B.C.

The Story behind It: This saying occurs in the fable "The Milkmaid and Her Pail." Patty, a farmer's daughter, is daydreaming as she walks to town with a pail of milk balanced on her head. Her thoughts: "The milk in this pail will provide me with cream, which I will make into butter, which I will sell in the market, and buy a dozen eggs, which will hatch into chickens, which will lay more eggs, and soon I shall have a large poultry yard. I'll sell some of the fowls and buy myself a handsome new gown and go to the fair, and when the young fellows try to make love to me, I'll toss my head and pass them by." At that moment, Patty tossed her head and lost the pailful of milk. Her mother admonished, "Do not count your chickens before they are hatched."
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you until you get the car home in your drive.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #2278
bradbmw
Rep
Drives: Pontiac Solstice GXP

Shotgun! Congrats Ken.

Glad all parties have worked out the details.

I smell a marketing opportunity for Ken and Husker BMW. In a few weeks/months the marketing pros can turn this into something big.

Famous and Infamous.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:35 PM   #2279
jchan2
Rep
Drives: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Congrats on the car Dooma!

Enjoy the M3- many of us can't even afford the car at $60,000! (myself included)

Looking forward to seeing pics of the car once it reaches LA!
2002 Honda Odyssey EX
1999 Honda Civic Value Package
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #2280
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Congrats... again, Ken!

Can't wait til' the car is here in Long Beach.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 08:05 PM   #2281
-RAC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 996 C4

Congrats Dooma ... lets all hope the transport goes well. So much for the claim that he couldn't afford the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 08:19 PM   #2282
drkbrent
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power View Post
Guys/Gals,

I Just came from the dealership. Spoke with Fil and Ryan. As Ken said, money has been received and the car IS PAID FOR AND WILL BE SHIPPED Wednesday. As promised, I am going out Wednesday to take pictures of the load-up on the transport. I also saw the two Chrome BMW of Lincoln license plate frames in their boxes, all the manuals window sticker etc. all ready to go. I further took a picture of the speedometer with the actual mileage, the interior and another exterior shot. I am also going to mail Ken the newspaper article from the Lincoln Journal Star as part of the documentation of this story. I will post more pictures Wednesday.

Jeff Gomon
Jeff, you've been a really cool guy (in my book) during this whole ordeal! Ken, congrats on the new M3! Your persistence the last couple of weeks has been an inspiration to us all!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 08:21 PM   #2283
LilRedGXP
Rep
Drives: 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

Quote:
Guys/Gals,

I Just came from the dealership. Spoke with Fil and Ryan. As Ken said, money has been received and the car IS PAID FOR AND WILL BE SHIPPED Wednesday. As promised, I am going out Wednesday to take pictures of the load-up on the transport. I also saw the two Chrome BMW of Lincoln license plate frames in their boxes, all the manuals window sticker etc. all ready to go. I further took a picture of the speedometer with the actual mileage, the interior and another exterior shot. I am also going to mail Ken the newspaper article from the Lincoln Journal Star as part of the documentation of this story. I will post more pictures Wednesday.

Jeff Gomon
Jeff, did you manage to get any photo of the engine bay and surrounding area when the hood is up? This would debunk an earlier post of fluid leakage/salt stains, etc.

Thanks for the pics. I kinda like the interior color.

Enjoy the ride Dooma.

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 08:57 PM   #2284
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Congrats. Thank God you got what you desrved, with a bit of extra work.

Now I can get back to work.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #2285
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRedGXP View Post
Jeff, did you manage to get any photo of the engine bay and surrounding area when the hood is up? This would debunk an earlier post of fluid leakage/salt stains, etc.

Thanks for the pics. I kinda like the interior color.

Enjoy the ride Dooma.

You know, I didn't open the hood today. At that point, it was Kens Car and I wasn't going to mess with it any more than what I was. I have a pic (below) from the day it arrived and they opened the hood. I also see what looks like some overflow from the power steering reservoir on the LH side of the image and some windshield washer fluid on the RH side of the image. Remember, this is an older picture so I don't know what it looks like now. I asked the same questions when I saw it. I don't think it is a big deal and would either come right off, or has already been addressed by the detail team at BMWoL.
If I can get the hood up before they load it up, I will.

BTW, the interior color looks much better without a flashbulb and in natural light. The exterior color also looks VERY cool in the sunlight. The lighting inside is not good.

Jeff Gomon
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 09:14 PM   #2286
MonkPDX
Rep
Drives: 03 Infiniti G35c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJustSayin' View Post
I usually use commas, in awkward places, to annoy grammarians.
Go wax your Prius, Skippy. It was a comma in my sig., not a thesis.
      03-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #2287
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Guys/Gals,

Jeff Gomon

Nice car...

Jeff, you've done an excellent job.

I hope Ken appreciates it...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 09:22 PM   #2288
canada_dude
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan, 2021 Tesla Y

Thumbs up WTG

Ken,

Way to go! Glad to hear the little guy won. I couldn't believe that they laughed at your threat of legal action. I did wonder what Ebay told them.
Anyways, should definitely check with BBB before bidding with a trouble dealer!

Enjoy the car!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread