BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

08-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #67
scheherazade
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
So you are going to sit here and tell me you have never sang the prasie of the GT-R on here? If you haven't (I'm fairly sure you have many times BTW), then my comment does not pertain to you.
No prob.
(You're welcome to click my name and select 'find more posts'.)

Quote:
[...] Test drove a GT-R before I bought the E92M3. [...] driving experience is boring.
You may find this post up your alley.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...3#post12421733

-scheherazade
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #68
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
No prob.
(You're welcome to click my name and select 'find more posts'.)

-scheherazade
Will take your word for it. If my recollection was incorrect, my bad. I'm not going to belabor the point. My question was only partially rhetorical and I do wonder why GT-R guys continue to hang out on non GT-R specific forums and get in debates about their car? There are a number of them here and the only times they ever post is when there is a M3 vs GT-R thread......and there have been a ton of them. Enjoy your GT-R's.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #69
scheherazade
Major
Rep

Quote:
Will take your word for it. If my recollection was incorrect, my bad. I'm not going to belabor the point. My question was only partially rhetorical and I do wonder why GT-R guys continue to hang out on non GT-R specific forums and get in debates about their car? There are a number of them here and the only times they ever post is when there is a M3 vs GT-R thread......and there have been a ton of them. Enjoy your GT-R's.
I still read car forums that I joined when I had X car, even though I no longer have that car.
[Usually] I only post in GTR threads because it's the only thing that pertains to me right now (... and there's more GTR threads on the M3 side than the e90 side).

A thread with "GTR" in the title is basically bait for GTR owners to post their opinions.
S4 owners will post in S4 threads, etc. It's just the nature of the beast.

If I can help someone with a GTR question, then I'm glad to do it.

However, I can agree with the general sentiment.

There's some GTR owners that need to lay off the kool-aid.
And there's some M3 owners that could do the same.
It's the internet, and it's car forums... people get a little crazy about their cars.

Everyone's got their own special car.
Someone buys their dream car, and another person comes along to crap on it.
It's rude/mean/better-left-not-said. I don't like it either.

-scheherazade

Last edited by scheherazade; 08-27-2012 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #70
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I still read car forums that I joined when I had X car, even though I no longer have that car.

[Usually] I only post in GTR threads because it's the only thing that pertains to me right now (... and there's more GTR threads on the M3 side than the e90 side).

A thread with "GTR" in the title is basically bait for GTR owners to post their opinions.

S4 owners will post in S4 threads, etc. It's just the nature of the beast.

-scheherazade
I do understand all of that. I still read on forums of the cars that I used to own as well. I just don't get involved in debates about them vs what I am driving now unless someone is just spewing pure bullsh!t and need to be called out on it.

I think 99.9% of the members on here appreciate the likes of a GT-R, Porsche, Ferrari, GT500, Viper, Z06 et al......but when those owners constantly sing the praises of their car on an M forum, M owners can't help but get tired of it. I'm not saying it is just GT-R guys either; although they are the overwhelming majority. There are a couple guys that post on here that swing on Porsche's nutsack all day and all night. They get on my nerves just as bad..... and I own a Porsche.

There is no denying there are fanbois galore on every forum (Vette guys take the cake on that one). I just give them a bit of leeway when they do it on their own forum......even though it can be so damn nauseating
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #71
scheherazade
Major
Rep

Quote:
I do understand all of that. I still read on forums of the cars that I used to own as well. I just don't get involved in debates about them vs what I am driving now unless someone is just spewing pure bullsh!t and need to be called out on it.

I think 99.9% of the members on here appreciate the likes of a GT-R, Porsche, Ferrari, GT500, Viper, Z06 et al......but when those owners constantly sing the praises of their car on an M forum, M owners can't help but get tired of it. I'm not saying it is just GT-R guys either; although they are the overwhelming majority. There are a couple guys that post on here that swing on Porsche's nutsack all day and all night. They get on my nerves just as bad..... and I own a Porsche.

There is no denying there are fanbois galore on every forum (Vette guys take the cake on that one). I just give them a bit of leeway when they do it on their own forum......even though it can be so damn nauseating

Lol. The nutsack comment made me smile.

I always had the impression that this is a good forum to be on if you own a Porsche.
Lots of threads with M3 guys saying "one day, I'll have a 911".

My only gripe here was with M3 guys crapping on 335 guys (salted my taste for em a little - I'll admit).
But 335 guys had a knack for telling M3 guys that they wasted their money.

One thing I noticed... if you go to driving events where people are actually using their 'super duper awesome' cars, you tend to not find many elitist jerks. Everyone gets along, and they are stoked to check out each other's cars.
Maybe it's the face time. Maybe it's that bench racers have more opinion than they can contain. Who knows...

-scheherazade
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #72
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Lol. The nutsack comment made me smile.

I always had the impression that this is a good forum to be on if you own a Porsche.
Lots of threads with M3 guys saying "one day, I'll have a 911".

My only gripe here was with M3 guys crapping on 335 guys (salted my taste for em a little - I'll admit).
But 335 guys had a knack for telling M3 guys that they wasted their money.

One thing I noticed... if you go to driving events where people are actually using their 'super duper awesome' cars, you tend to not find many elitist jerks.
Maybe it's the face time. Maybe it's that bench racers have more opinion than they can contain. Who knows...

-scheherazade
I agree with all that you just said. I have only encountered one or two toolbags at a Cars N Coffee meet, group run or track day.

Took my former M3 to VIR and ran with (among other E92 M's) some older E36 M3's, a couple of Vettes, a couple GT-R's, Honda S2000, and an M Roadster dedicated track car. Everyone was interested in seeing each other's car and learning about it. Great comraderie.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #73
pharmdphd98
PharM3
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejesse1 View Post
you mad bro? relax.....
Hi Uncle Jesse, What nationality is that flag of yours? Pardon my ignorance.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #74
unclejesse1
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 13 f13 M6 Sakhir, 12 GTR SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmdphd98 View Post
Hi Uncle Jesse, What nationality is that flag of yours? Pardon my ignorance.
Philippines

so when are they delivering your new toy?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #75
pharmdphd98
PharM3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejesse1 View Post
Philippines

so when are they delivering your new toy?
Coo! I am from Taiwan so we are practically neighbors. I am moving to Irvine next month; maybe we should meet up?

I took delivery on the 24th......incredible car! It came to me with 24 miles and now it has exactly 111 miles on the odometer. I am truly a happy man.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #76
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR

Quote:
Why in the hell do you GT-R guys feel the need to come on here, or, for those that are former M3 owners, stay on here to post about how fabulous your car is? I just don't get it. Doesn't the NAGTROC site excite you enough?
Former m3 owner, currently own a tuned 2012 x5 and i am in the process of looking for an m3 for my wife
8.97@164 - 206.99 half mile - 1401whp 1095tq Road Race Prepped Monster Killed on Hellbender 28
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #77
unclejesse1
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 13 f13 M6 Sakhir, 12 GTR SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmdphd98 View Post
Coo! I am from Taiwan so we are practically neighbors. I am moving to Irvine next month; maybe we should meet up?

I took delivery on the 24th......incredible car! It came to me with 24 miles and now it has exactly 111 miles on the odometer. I am truly a happy man.
Very Nice!!!, where in irvine are you moving to? Im by the 405 and Sand Canyon
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #78
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
Former m3 owner, currently own a tuned 2012 x5 and i am in the process of looking for an m3 for my wife
+1. I'm a former M3 owner and have had many many BMWs. That's why I "hang out" in an M3 forum. On top of all that, there are so many M3's out there that their forums seem to be the most active. Nothing more boring than a forum where one or two comments are added per day.
What baffles me more than why a GTR owner would comment positively in a GTR thread is why non GTR owners would repeatedly comment negatively in a GTR thread.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #79
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Red GTR

Former E46 M3 owner here. Current GTR owner. Test drove a E90 M3. Just a car lover overall.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #80
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
What baffles me more than why a GTR owner would comment positively in a GTR thread is why non GTR owners would repeatedly comment negatively in a GTR thread.
ego
8.97@164 - 206.99 half mile - 1401whp 1095tq Road Race Prepped Monster Killed on Hellbender 28
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #81
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
+1. I'm a former M3 owner and have had many many BMWs. That's why I "hang out" in an M3 forum. On top of all that, there are so many M3's out there that their forums seem to be the most active. Nothing more boring than a forum where one or two comments are added per day.
+1. Current e92 m3 (since 2008) and GTR owner here as well. The e9x m3 is now more assessable to a different demographic of new owners since the used car market is expanding with more cars coming off lease, etc. This means more people get to experience a great all around sports car, but it's also created more fan boys than ever coming out of the woodwork.

This forum definitely has it's resident GTR haters, some of whom act like their m3 is their first born child. I don't have to name them as they can easily be found in just about every GTR related thread chiming in with their negative opinions toward the GTR. I honestly don't see this kind of behavior on NAGTROC. It's pretty easy to sort out sports car enthusiasts from egocentric brand enthusiasts whose opinion has little value.

Last edited by erio; 08-28-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #82
Mueller944s2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '90 Porsche 941, Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
A little off topic but... I heard a while back that Nissan was planning a 4-Door GTR of some sort. Rumors were a GTR based Nissan Maxima. I could see some E90/F80 guys jumping ship if Nissan came out with something like that.
Looks like Porsche might be coming up with what you are looking for:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...-porsche-pajun
2016 Prosche Pajun
I wish Porsche would stop it already. They're diluting the brand with sedans and SUVs. Not that there's anything wrong with those, but it's not something Porsche should do. And that goes for the Lamborghini sub and Bentley suv, since they're all on the same platform. What is VW thinking?!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 01:29 AM   #83
pharmdphd98
PharM3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueller944s2 View Post
I wish Porsche would stop it already. They're diluting the brand with sedans and SUVs. Not that there's anything wrong with those, but it's not something Porsche should do. And that goes for the Lamborghini sub and Bentley suv, since they're all on the same platform. What is VW thinking?!
We should feel lucky that Porshe and BMW still build certain models for enthusiasts at all. We are such a small minority compared to the general population it makes no sense for a car company to dedicate all their energy and most importantly, money, to developing cars to keep us happy. Just be grateful and stop complaining about why these companies are selling SUVs. They do it because it makes them money!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #84
Mueller944s2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '90 Porsche 941, Z4 Roadster

Any GTR owners in the South? If anyone is willing to take this passenger for a ride he would be very appreciative! (that goes for the M3 too, I haven't been in one)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #85
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

Bump for pics, let's see this beast
      09-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #86
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep
Drives: Diesel Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueller944s2 View Post
People used to justify the Cayenne by saying it allowed Porsche to make more 911 variants.. but now Porsche is part of the VW empire, it should be far easier to share development costs. Of course, VW doesn't give a damn and will expand the lineup with more bastardized cash cows.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #87
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
People used to justify the Cayenne by saying it allowed Porsche to make more 911 variants.. but now Porsche is part of the VW empire, it should be far easier to share development costs. Of course, VW doesn't give a damn and will expand the lineup with more bastardized cash cows.
And I don't blame them. They can steal the chassis from an already mass-produced line (saving development costs), add some "high end" interior and drivetrain bits and pieces, and add a "premium" markup based on the badge tagged to the vehicle. It's ludicrously-easy money and if there is a strong customer base to take advantage of how could you turn down that opportunity?

In my opinion, the day I start blasting the Porsche's and Ferrari's of the world is when they stop making sports cars. If they can make money selling branded coffee machines I say more power to them.

Or maybe a better way to phrase it would be...

If Porsche didn't make the the Cayenne and Cayman/Boxster and was on the brink of declaring bankruptcy because they could not sell enough 911 variants to be profitable, how many of you would go running to the Porsche dealership and start buying up 911's to keep them in business?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #88
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

I was going to post but this guy scheherazade seemed to cover everything.
Your posts were funny as hell (weighted with absolute truth).

Me?

Im here because a while ago a buddy of mine whose on nagtroc told me about the gtr vs m3 and the bashing that ensued (I was first in a "wtf" moment with the mentality of theres no way in hell an m3 will hold a candle to a GTR performance wise, stock for stock.)

Then i sort of got...into it and had alot of fun doing so...go ahead and read my past posts.

I also heard the audi s4 guys were doing the same thing with the gtr also.

Ech..where theres a flame, youll see me there...

Maybe even fanning them...

Outside of that im really a good guy.

Honest.
Appreciate 0