BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

06-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #45
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
I agree with you, but you still gotta please the wife, or else........

I got into a HUGE battle with my wife since I wanted a 6 speed manual very badly as my transmission for the M3, but no matter what I did....It was hopeless.

....But I still ordered my M3 with a 6 speed manual since I wanted it THAT badly. My wife's still upset with me these days because of that, but I think it will all eventually get better. I can't help it if I'm a car enthusiast and I wanted the manual over the DCT. I hate the DCT!

Yeah, but pleasing your wife and letting her control your choices when buying YOUR car is two different things.
Your wife sounds controlling and sound like she wears the pants in your family, it's all good though, as long as she keeps YOU happy too.

As stated though, the C63 might be the ride for you.
But no 6MT, and you'll get about 11-12 mpg (I know the M3 doesn't get much better if you drive it half way aggressively).
Good luck with your wife's decision. sorry had to put one last little chain puller in there.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #46
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
It's not the gear shift jerk. It's the jerk from 2nd gear not engaging during reacceleration from slowing down. The 2nd gear will be slow to catch and then it'll finally catch and the car will lurch forward. The traffic is not completely stop and go so I'm stuck in that bad lag spot quite often. Driving in S mode sort of takes care of that, but I can foresee a huge hassle when I'm over-worked / post-call.
hey I wonder if this can be fix by doing a rev match manually by yourself. I think i start to understand exactly what dct delay is now.

In my SMG, I get these delay all the time because the trans doesn't know/or too slow to understand what gear it should be in on deceleration. So if I want to accelerate again, I just simply downshift by myself and blip the throttle. I can do this very quick from 4th down to 3rd, and 2nd, then accelerate again. All can be done within 1 second.

Maybe you guys should do the same in your DCT to avoid this issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #47
spearfisher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

M3 > Audi TT-S, but if it makes you feel better I like how the TT looks
Appreciate 0