BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM
Closed Thread

11-07-2008, 08:13 AM   #89
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

The point about the M3 taking turns better than the C63 is ridiculous when you're talking about driving on the street. If you're driving on a track at high speed, then yes M3 will leave it in the dust. But at any safe, or even slightly faster than safe street speeds the C63 is more than capable of taking turns. So many of you talk about the C63 as if a turn on the road is coming up the C63 is going to drive straight off the edge and only the M3 will be able to make it. If you're driving so fast you can't make turns in a C63 on the street you should have your license taken away. But having said all that I'm still happy with my M3 choice. I like the overall feel and style of the M3.
      11-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #90
jaay11
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Dinan 2

Interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
The point about the M3 taking turns better than the C63 is ridiculous when you're talking about driving on the street. If you're driving on a track at high speed, then yes M3 will leave it in the dust. But at any safe, or even slightly faster than safe street speeds the C63 is more than capable of taking turns. So many of you talk about the C63 as if a turn on the road is coming up the C63 is going to drive straight off the edge and only the M3 will be able to make it. If you're driving so fast you can't make turns in a C63 on the street you should have your license taken away. But having said all that I'm still happy with my M3 choice. I like the overall feel and style of the M3.
I agree. While my personal choice is the M3, I don't find much to the argument that the M3 will destroy the C63 unless its on the track with bends and turns. I think they are both capable cars and its just a matter of personal preference. The M is a classic and its soul will never be challenged.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #91
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: hot wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaay11 View Post
I agree. While my personal choice is the M3, I don't find much to the argument that the M3 will destroy the C63 unless its on the track with bends and turns. I think they are both capable cars and its just a matter of personal preference. The M is a classic and its soul will never be challenged.

But thats the thing... It has been challenged.

No one is challenging the 'M' name... which im sure you paid an extra 5k for anyways...

They are challenging the Car, which is the soul of the name. So far no one has been able to come up with a complete package that competes directly with the M3 and has been able to dominate it. (asuming you classify the GTR and the Z06 as 'racecars')

The C36, at the end of the day, is a GREAT car. But i dont think of it as a track car. Its a beast which will throw you back in your seat (which i may remind you, is probaly MORE important to most of the people who look at M3 vs. C36 ) Its not the tool the M3 is, but its still a great car that handles very nicely.

Now wait for the Audi RS5 to come out, and we'll have our comparison test with a car that likely is going to match the M3 move for move.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #92
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
But I wouldn't want to call anyone a name. I might get banned, and name-calling is too crude, ineffective and short-lived in the brain. Telling someone something that makes them subconsciously question their own motives, feelings and actions lingers longer than a simple "*&^%" and I feel it is much more effective in getting my message across

Hellz yeah this is serious bidness! And NOooooo.... I don't spend a lot of time here! I just had too much time and angst on my hands, saw yet another C63-related thread, and unleashed like Oprah after election day. Maybe it's just my "larger than life" personality that makes it seem like I hang around here all the time. Now that I'm an M3 defector, my presence agitates and instigates. (Is that narcissistic/egocentric enough, ruff?)
I see what you did there. I will admit, your avatar is original and unique. That nose haunts me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
You know what it is... the more you post, the more you have to come back and check in for replies... and then you end up posting more. It's a vicious cycle
Agreed. I'm obviously doing it too. But the comment that sparked this particular conversation was pointing out that you weren't performing any form of obligatory service. You just chose to come here and banter.

Now it is your turn. Admit it, you like us!
      11-07-2008, 09:27 AM   #93
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Any form of performance comparison is rediculous on the street. Even the 0-60. There are very few occasions when you actually do a full 0-60 bout. If we were doing a completely everyday, boring, daily driver's car comparison none of the aforementioned would matter. Then again, if you are just cruising how many poeple like the seats in the C63? The side bolsters cut into my shoulderblades when I test drove it. Granted I have broad shoulders, but it was enough to notice it and it broke the surface tension of the test drive. (Usually you don't notice small things in test drives because of all the new information your taking in.)
      11-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #94
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

So what if the ZR is supercharged? My point was that the C63 has a relatively huge engine, so it's not astonishing that it puts out a lot of horsepower. It's 50% larger than the M3, yet the E92 can readily hold it's own with it in a real world straight line. Why not compare the C63 to a Viper? There's only a couple of liters difference there. What's the H.P difference between the two?

So you guys go on to say that cornering doesn't matter in the real world? If that's the case why not get Silverado trucks, and with a few modifications they will run with the C63.

The C63 and M3 are way different cars. Anyone who has driven both knows that.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #95
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: hot wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
You moron.

The ZR-1 is supercharged.

We have a genius here.

How many morons are on this site?
whataryeea?? stupid??? -W.

who cares if it is supercharged??? 6.2L is the same thing as 6.2L.

the fact that the other engine isnt supercharged is their own fault, im not sure the real 'bragging right' that comes with an unsupercharged engine...
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #96
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Yea the C63 can't handle at all

http://magazines.drivers-republic.co...d=5nIGSrgJbBdH

This article should silence some critics, and the car tested has the full performance package just like my car does
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #97
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Any form of performance comparison is rediculous on the street. Even the 0-60. There are very few occasions when you actually do a full 0-60 bout. If we were doing a completely everyday, boring, daily driver's car comparison none of the aforementioned would matter. Then again, if you are just cruising how many poeple like the seats in the C63? The side bolsters cut into my shoulderblades when I test drove it. Granted I have broad shoulders, but it was enough to notice it and it broke the surface tension of the test drive. (Usually you don't notice small things in test drives because of all the new information your taking in.)
True there are few occasions where you do a full 0-60 bout although they seem to be the most frequent bouts on the street. In my opinion 0-60 bouts can be perfectly safe on many public roads, assuming it's a straight line, there's no traffic, there's no intersecting streets. At least on a straight road you can see what's coming unlike taking turns at high speed you never know what's around the next bend. The C63 seats appear really cool, but I too do not fit in them well and I'm not that big. The M3 seats are some of the most comfortable seats I've sat in. Interesting point you bring up about the seats though. If you're just going to drive the street, seats might be more important that high speed handling... just a thought.
      11-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #98
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep

You guys are pretty funny.
The M3 wins every magazine shootout with the C63. But you say those performance shootouts don't count in the real world. But then you say the engine in the C63 blows away the M3 engine, so that somehow counts.

This is an M forum, but even in unbiased reviews the C63 loses to the M3.

I don't think you will find an audience here where uninformed people might buy your b.s.
Maybe there is a C63 forum where you can find people who believe in things like "handling doesn't count" and "truck size engines are all that matter".

Last edited by Advskier; 11-07-2008 at 07:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #99
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
You guys are pretty funny.
The M3 wins every magazine shootout with the C63. But you say those performance shootouts don't count in the real world. But then you say the engine in the C63 blows away the M3 engine, so that somehow counts.

This is an M forum, but even in unbiased reviews the C63 loses to the M3.

I don't you will find an audience here else where uninformed people might buy your b.s.
Maybe there is a C63 forum where you can find people who believe in things like "handling doesn't count" and "truck size engines are all that matter".
Skier, some advice if I may. Do a bit of homework about the subject matter you are attempting to debate, before making superfluous statements not based in fact:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6696
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #100
Advskier
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Excuse me. Not every magazine, just the vast majority of comparisons if you do a google search.

As to your questions about State Street driving and such, those are pretty silly. Did you forget about the amazing mountain roads we have? Don't tell me you never drive faster than the speed limit on public roads, because why else would anyone want either of these cars?
And yes, I'll probably take it to MMP. I put 1000's of miles on that track since it opened (on race bikes), and would enjoy MMP in a car as well.
For that matter, my friend with the C63 has a garage there, and eventually we'll end up on the track together.

And since you live in Salt Lake, who would you really rather buy a car from, BMW of Murray or the local Mercedes dealer. A friend of mine just unloaded a lemon he bought from the "other" dealer, and another friend had to sue them a few years ago for all kinds of b.s. they put her through.
The friend who unloaded the lemon had issues you wouldn't believe.
I would NEVER own a Mercedes in this town for those reasons alone.

From my experience, I've never had better service on any car I've ever owned than BMW of Murray. They lent me a new car over Christmas last year for 4 or 5 days while they got a replacement tire for me. And the price of the tire was the same as the cheapest place I could find in town. During my 1200 mile service they lent me a brand new 5 series. If I stop by there for anything they offer to wash the car for me. They typically know their customers by name.

Last edited by Advskier; 11-07-2008 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #101
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advskier View Post
Excuse me. Not every magazine, just the vast majority of comparisons if you do a google search.

As to your questions about State Street driving and such, those are pretty silly. Did you forget about the amazing mountain roads we have? Don't tell me you never drive faster than the speed limit on public roads, because why else would anyone want either of these cars?
And yes, I'll probably take it to MMP. I put 1000's of miles on that track since it opened (on race bikes), and would enjoy MMP in a car as well.
For that matter, my friend with the C63 has a garage there, and eventually we'll end up on the track together.

And since you live in Salt Lake, who would you really rather buy a car from, BMW of Murray or the local Mercedes dealer. A friend of mine just unloaded a lemon he bought from the "other" dealer, and another friend had to sue them a few years ago for all kinds of b.s. they put her through.
The friend who unloaded the lemon had issues you wouldn't believe.
I would NEVER own a Mercedes in this town for those reasons alone.

From my experience, I've never had better service on any car I've ever owned than BMW of Murray. They lent me a new car over Christmas last year for 4 or 5 days while they got a replacement tire for me. And the price of the tire was the same as the cheapest place I could find in town. During my 1200 mile service they lent me a brand new 5 series. If I stop by there for anything they offer to wash the car for me. They typically know their customers by name.
Mate, you are a man of many assumptions. I reside in the higher elevations, far far away in the hinterlands.

Last edited by ruff; 11-07-2008 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 12:52 AM   #102
ismelllikepoop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Mate, you are a man of many assumptions. I reside in the higher elevations, far far away in the hinterlands.
no sense in arguing with a donkey
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 01:45 AM   #103
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop View Post
no sense in arguing with a donkey
Best line yet.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #104
kennethcho1337
Private
Rep
Drives: public transit

Why do we keep arguing over which car is better, just learn to respect and admire each other's creations.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #105
Heat00
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

he is correct, forget the c63, how about C&D July 08, since you want specifics.....
M3 vs 911 Turbo vs GT-R.
No need for all the details but how about 1st place to the M3 and under verdict "every other car maker should give up on building their own cars and just make m3s" !!!!
C63 wasn't allowed in that test lmao....
btw, 75.1 MPH Slalom speed, almost 5 MPH faster than the 911 & GT-R... pretty impressive if you ask me.

I can't emphasize enough looks too. sit them side by side and the M takes the cake, I was just outside looking at it in the garage... and.... man she is beautiful.

besides, this is the M3 forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #106
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethcho1337 View Post
Why do we keep arguing over which car is better, just learn to respect and admire each other's creations.
The C63 is great if you just want to go fast in a straight line, it's a high tech muscle car. But if you like to, you know, go around corners without either plowing or spinning, then the M3 kills it.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #107
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
The C63 is great if you just want to go fast in a straight line, it's a high tech muscle car. But if you like to, you know, go around corners without either plowing or spinning, then the M3 kills it.
So you have either plowed or spun while taking the c63 around a corner?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #108
bimmerj
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
he is correct, forget the c63, how about C&D July 08, since you want specifics.....
M3 vs 911 Turbo vs GT-R.
No need for all the details but how about 1st place to the M3 and under verdict "every other car maker should give up on building their own cars and just make m3s" !!!!
C63 wasn't allowed in that test lmao....
btw, 75.1 MPH Slalom speed, almost 5 MPH faster than the 911 & GT-R... pretty impressive if you ask me.

I can't emphasize enough looks too. sit them side by side and the M takes the cake, I was just outside looking at it in the garage... and.... man she is beautiful.

besides, this is the M3 forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The C63 was not allowed in the test because it is a sedan. The 911 and GT-R are in a different league. I can see the M3 winning because it had more trunk space and more civilized in everyday driving.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #109
Heat00
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

that part was kind of a joke, just making a point that professional drivers picked the M over 2 supercars!

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #110
jaay11
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Dinan 2

Well, I've been in both cars and I can tell you that they are both monsters.

My guess is the difference between the numbers for these cars are so miniscule that it does not matter. What matters is how you feel when you get into the car.....do you look back at the car after you park....do you volunteer to run to the store late at night to get milk or bread....

If you can answer yes to the last two questions, you have a car you are happy with....screw the numbers.....unless you are on the track. I guess then you'll want the M3. Otherwise, just enjoy the cars....M or C.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread