BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
Koldun
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Too much oil?

So I did a search and came across quite a few of these topics, but it seems they all have to do with a dealer overfilling the oil or someone topping theirs off too much.

In my case, I did have a dealership oil change about three months ago, but the car has been fine until this past Friday. The only reason I am even aware of an issue is because my dash display always defaults to the oil gauge, since I baby the car until the oil is fluid enough to be measured. The car doesn't flash any warnings or alerts otherwise, you have to browse to the oil submenu of the vehicle status screen in order to see the recommendation to have it checked out by a technician.

What could have caused this? We finally had a few days of nice warm weather, after months of frigid cold and rain, so could it be related to that? I also got a new foam gun that I used on the car a few days before the warning popped up, did it somehow infiltrate the oil reservoir? I really have no idea.

I'm tempted to drain some off, because I still need the car and the appointment at the dealers isn't until Tuesday morning, but if there is some kind of issue, I want a record of it at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

So you got the too much oil warning? The sensor is finicky... very finicky