BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

BPM

07-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
aznbo187
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, 128, E91 328, E70 X5d

My stop sign ticket

So this year hasn't really been the best as far as tickets go, for me at least. 3 tickets within half a year.

I just recently won a stop sign ticket via Traffic Ticket Pro's and wanted to give them a shout out for anyone local. They were very professional and saved me from a lot of courthouse stress.

They are active in a lot of MFest, MClub, and BFest events so it helped to be able to discuss my case with them in person.

By no means is this the only solution for contesting a ticket. I've had 50/50 winning tickets via a written dec., and also have lost going to court myself. Going to court and fighting it yourself is probably one of the most stressful things I've done. First of all, getting a parking ticket while at court is shitty. Why is there a 1 hour meter limit when they KNOW everyone at court moves at snail pace? From having to take time of work and dealing with the paperwork, it's not worth it for some people. And I still lost.

Anyway, if you don't want to contest your own ticket, Nick/Mona at Traffic Ticket Pros really made the entire process seamless. I only had to send over one document and they took care of everything else. Filing the necessary paper work, going to trial, and creating a defense case. That's a in my book. Give them a chance if you don't want fight your own ticket next time.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Going to have them fight a ticket for me as well. Once I stop postponing it as long as I can.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
WillC310
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A car

What service do they provide? Write your TBWD letter and mail it in for you?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #4
aznbo187
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC310 View Post
What service do they provide? Write your TBWD letter and mail it in for you?
Yes, but they also go to court for you and fight your case. You don't need to show up.

Funny thing is, I really wanted to try to fight my own ticket (previous ticket) so I showed up to court and the cop showed up too. I figured I'd stick it out and see if he was prepared. He was.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
lorinzo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3; i3 rex; e46 M3 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbo187 View Post
Yes, but they also go to court for you and fight your case. You don't need to show up.

Funny thing is, I really wanted to try to fight my own ticket (previous ticket) so I showed up to court and the cop showed up too. I figured I'd stick it out and see if he was prepared. He was.

Sounds like it worked for you and commend you giving a shout out.

For anyone who wants to pay to avoid the hassle, I totally understand. And, there are certain circumstances where these guys hopefully have the knowledge and experience to do a better job than you could do yourself.

However, for the bulk of these issues, the battle is won or lost simply upon whether the LEO shows up. If the LEO does NOT appear, you win. If the LEO shows up, you (in most instances) lose. If the LEO shows up, he/she will be prepared to argue the basis for the ticket.

The worst that can happen to you is already done... this happened when you were cited. Assuming you conduct yourself appropriately and with respect for the system, the situation is not going to get worse if you go to Court.
| 2011 M3 Sedan | Le Mans Blue | M-DCT | ZC2 | ZCP | ZP3 | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound | Dinan exhaust | Dinan software | Dinan pulley | Dinan intake | Dinan pedals | Bimmian LED interior | Lux H8 V3 | WeissLicht PY24W LED | 20% tint | IND reflectors | IND front grills | IND key hole cover | IND hood vents | IND M5 mirror covers | Reus Systems audio | Verstraβe shifter paddles | BBS LM 20x9 et 15 and 20x10.5 et 15 | Hankook Ventus V12 255/30/20 and 295/25/20 | Red BBS Racing lug nut kit | H&R Sport springs |
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
aznbo187
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorinzo View Post
Sounds like it worked for you and commend you giving a shout out.

For anyone who wants to pay to avoid the hassle, I totally understand. And, there are certain circumstances where these guys hopefully have the knowledge and experience to do a better job than you could do yourself.

However, for the bulk of these issues, the battle is won or lost simply upon whether the LEO shows up. If the LEO does NOT appear, you win. If the LEO shows up, you (in most instances) lose. If the LEO shows up, he/she will be prepared to argue the basis for the ticket.

The worst that can happen to you is already done... this happened when you were cited. Assuming you conduct yourself appropriately and with respect for the system, the situation is not going to get worse if you go to Court.
Yep, that was my intent the first time I went to court. But with 2 points on my record I didn't want to risk getting a third point and found it worth it to pay for it in this case, rather than have the point be on record.

Of course, the best way to win this battle is to not get a ticket at all. A bit hard when you occasionally want to punch it as any LEO will simply think "speeding" or if you are not speeding it's a "contesting time" ticket. Either way, you end up losing money or time.
Appreciate 0