BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
fast_lap28
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Montego

Crummy Bumper

just found this interesting about our friends...

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- In tests designed to replicate low-speed impacts, the bumpers of several luxury cars failed to prevent costly damage. In one case the vehicle sustaining the most total damage was the Infiniti G35, made by Nissan, which had total estimated repair costs of $14,000. In the straight-on front impact test alone, the G35 sustained $5,223 in damage.

WOW!!!

Makes me appreciate joining my new family that much more. PCD 8/24, the wait has been 3 long months.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

UH... OK??? Wait till you get tapped in the 335, won't be as bad maybe, but with our mighty 2.5mph certified bumpers we have? It's all expensive... Fashion is expensive.

Need an F150...

And does anyone else remember the SUV tests done a few years ago? Backing an SUV into a stationary object. Some of them Were up around the $7k range for new rear hatches and stuff... Pretty messed up.
      08-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #3
fast_lap28
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Montego

The BMW 3 rated in the top 5 list making it I believe to 3rd! not bad I guess. Just gonna have to drive the rear mirror all the time looking out for the soccer moms in their SUV's. We got them around here by the truck load! Just scurred cause this is the reason why I am now new to BMW....got my Audi rear ended by a DWI driver/hit-n-run back in May.

But can't wait for the 335 :rocks:
Appreciate 0