BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-01-2019, 02:49 PM   #1
k_mann
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Arrow RKP Sport X-pipe + Borla ATAK video!

Man, what a miserably hot weekend for installing a new toy. Even planned ahead, got up at 5am and it was already 81 and humid

Anyways, my father and I forged ahead! First and foremost, this exhaust is one solid piece of art. Every weld was beautifully even and straight. I mean I couldn't be more happy with everything. I ran into one teeny little issue were one of the o2 bungs was slightly off center from the hole in the pipe, but it just meant I couldn't finger thread them snug, just added a faint resistance. But hey, its a hand made piece, and that was the only "issue" you could call it. Quite frankly I'm blown away at how perfect the pipe was.

Now I made one install mistake, I didn't check clearances by the heat shield. I would suggest this as its common with going catless (not an RKP specific thing). So I'm getting some buzzing at low rpms once warm which I'm fairly certain is the heat shield, nothing a little tapping with a hammer won't fix (on the heat shield of course, not the beautiful new x-pipe!)

I want to thank Cat an IND for their awesome customer service and amazing product! These "Challenge sports" they're making go quick, so don't spend too much time thinking about it! I researched countless videos and knew this was the PERFECT x pipe, especially for what I was wanting!

Now on to the noises!

Insta: @kmannc
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #2
bvrider1
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 m3 + f80 zcp

I went with the same setup but with a Meisterschaft GT for my E90 M3. I was curious to hear if any other setups would sound similar. You have confirmed it. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 04:26 PM   #3
s14_kev
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3

What a difference, sounds great with the new x pipe!
      07-01-2019, 04:30 PM   #4
k_mann
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14_kev View Post
What a difference, sounds great with the new x pipe!
Thank you! To be quite honest on initial start up and light load, the exhaust didn't sound much louder. More present, but not louder. But once on the throttle it comes alive! I think the volume difference is a tad much in the video, I don't think it got THAT much louder. But who cares it's an even more amazing sound now

Insta: @kmannc
Appreciate 0