BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #23
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
You must never have driven a Supra. Nice and fast but the on/off nature of the turbos made them a trip to try to drive on a track.

I bet Swamp's ~3700 lbs guess is close. Its got a fundamentally better front suspension than the BMW. If they get the springs and shocks right it would put up a good fight. However, its unlikely they will give it enough tire to cope with the extra weight.

I would put it as a slight edge to BMW assuming Lexus sticks with their traditional soft spring/shock package. If they don't, it will be trouble.
But Romo has the point though.
Look!

I can only think of AE86 and Supra that I like from Toyota.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #24
Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
You must never have driven a Supra. Nice and fast but the on/off nature of the turbos made them a trip to try to drive on a track.

I bet Swamp's ~3700 lbs guess is close. Its got a fundamentally better front suspension than the BMW. If they get the springs and shocks right it would put up a good fight. However, its unlikely they will give it enough tire to cope with the extra weight.

I would put it as a slight edge to BMW assuming Lexus sticks with their traditional soft spring/shock package. If they don't, it will be trouble.
I owned a BPU Supra. Very much on/off like you say. Not that it was gutless at low RPMs, but when turbo #2 hit you got an avalanche of torque all at once. The single turbo Supra I got a ride in was even more severe. Lots of fun but not a road course car. My E39 M5 is a better balanced, more confidence inspiring machine at all speeds, even if it isn't as fast in a straight line.

Back to this IS-F. It gives me a headache to look at it from the rear. The side skirts and front fascia are too pronounced. It looks desperate to prove itself, like the tough kid in a boy band. I have no doubt it'll be fast and composed, but at the end of the day, it'll still be a luxury GT car dressed in boy racer clothes.

And I don't see BMW's //M division losing much sleep over this IS-F. The real competition is going to be the RS4, C63, and perhaps the 911/Cayman S.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 01:33 AM   #25
coaster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

ISF's little brother, the Lexus IS350, clocked 0-60 in 4.9 seconds!!!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=4444

This tells me that the ISF will probably come in just under the 4.5 second mark. It's clear that Lexus is quoting their performance numbers very conservatively.

I may have to eat my words on this car.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #26
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

More like...digging into LF-A
I guess I am a coupe whore...
Appreciate 0