BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #67
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM3 View Post
Totally agree. I've been 100% conservative and owned only black cars my whole life. My Jerez M3 was about as far as I could bring myself to depart from my norm.

I don't much like yellow, red. But orange... orange on a GT3RS (or Gallardo) does it for me. I once saw a GT3RS on a lot that was the opposite color scheme -- black with the orange accents and wheels, and I even loved that. Orange wheels, and I'd sport it all day long. I don't get it..

^^^
Maybe it comes down to this. The car is so undeniably legit. It wears those colors because it f*cking can.

Thats EXACTLY it. Because only a car like that can pull off a color like that! Its like the super model that can wear next to nothing and still look stunning. Everybody else is just hatin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 04:49 AM   #68
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

2007 GT3 RS (997.1) are known to have RMS leaks. This topic was actually discussed on this forum. Here's the thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ight=997.1+GT3

Take a look at this website (RMS issue. Scroll down and read):
http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/2008GT3RS/vin/2196.htm

If you read on, Porsche Cars North America, Inc. replied to the RMS leak and said:

Please be advised that GT3 engines have a design which is unique from other 911's because of it's exposure to very high
RPM's. The rear main seal of these engines is held tight by a vacuum created inside the engine block. If the vehicle is not
used for prolonged periods of time this vacuum pressure may decrease allowing a small amount of oil to seep past the
seal. Due to this special design, oil seepage can occur in GT3 vehicles that are not driven on a regular basis.

Your warranty manual indicates that your responsibility for normal vehicle use is for your vehicle to be driven daily over
a distance of several miles. Your vehicle was designed with the assumption that it would be used within these guidelines.
If it is not, you may experience some oil seepage; however, this is not a defect in the vehicle but simply a result of lack of
use.

To summarize if you own a GT3, it should be driven daily over a distance of several miles. If not, the rear main seal will start to leak. Sharkwerks however have found a solution to that problem.

OP,
The Cayman R is not bad, but if you really want a GT3 RS, just wait for a used 997.2 instead.

Hellaflush? All I could say is "effyo'flush","flushnuff", and Instead of 'illest', I'm calling it "faillest". It's just form over function nowadays...
-END RANT
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #69
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Thats EXACTLY it. Because only a car like that can pull off a color like that! Its like the super model that can wear next to nothing and still look stunning. Everybody else is just hatin...
haha, well put. A legit track car with a roll cage can pull off any color. I totally agree about the orange, too. I like the green a lot as well, which is about as aggressive as you can get.
Appreciate 0