BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

03-26-2008, 01:48 AM   #1101
jiggax23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

does anyone know if any of huskers prior auctions have had reserves set on them? because if they did, its plain and clear that the "mistake" card they're playing is an obvious lie.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:50 AM   #1102
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggax23 View Post
does anyone know if any of huskers prior auctions have had reserves set on them? because if they did, its plain and clear that the "mistake" card they're playing is an obvious lie.
yes they have...but ut seems all of their active auctions have vanished
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:52 AM   #1103
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidtrunks View Post
yes they have...but ut seems all of their active auctions have vanished
They were probably getting vandalized with fake bids and bombarded with hate in the comments.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:53 AM   #1104
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
They were probably getting vandalized with fake bids and bombarded with hate in the comments.
I wouldn't doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:55 AM   #1105
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

Quote:
id say so...or it could be ebay removed their selling privledges(permanently or til this clears up?) you know how to tell?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:59 AM   #1106
-RAC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 996 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
OK, I admit to being under a great deal of stress, as I cant even post links correctly right now.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...e060113124.txt

This is what i was referring too. The remark on bloggers having too much time on their hands is where I think they dont get it.
I agree, they just don't get it is a new era. They are still playing games and counting on the uninformed buyer. Walking up on their lot while going out to dinner and just buy the car without doing any homework. Those days are changing.

The better dealerships are using the internet in the right way. I am currently shopping around for a new car. And what I have found is that the internet guys are so much better to deal with then walking onto the lot and dealing with the sales lizards guy. At the better dealerships the internet guy cut right to the chase and is strait forward with the price. No stupid game. Again not at all the one I have dealt with but it is really clear who the better ones are.

Out of the five BMW dealerships here in Colorado only one was great to work with. The guy in Colorado Springs did it the right way. Offered a fair price and was up front with all the pricing. Did not play games.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 01:59 AM   #1107
Geeky1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Subaru WRX STI Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
It's really great to hear that Ken may get his M3. I started following this a few days ago when it first started.

But when I look at the dealer's photos I see the engine compartment has a lot of sloppy stuff going on. When I bought my 330i new in 2002 the engine was super clean/brand new.

With Husker's pics I see what looks like some sort of fluid spills (circled in red) And there is some white stuff on the paint (maybe salt from the road?) inside the hood.

You would think that a showroom floor vehicle would be spotless. Am I imaging this? Am I crazy? Yes, I realize there's the factory warranty but why isn't it spotless?
From what I can see in the pictures you posted no, you're not imagining the fluid spills, and no, you're not crazy. Those clearly appear to be spills.Does that mean that they are definitely, unquestionably, spills-or for that matter, spills of important fluids? No. Somebody could've detailed under the hood (why, I don't know, but since it was on the showroom floor and being an M car people would be more likely to pop the hood, it's possible), and they may just not know how to use a bottle of Armor All or something, and the excess is just showing up because of the lighting and angle of the pictures. Without looking at it in person it's hard to say. EDIT: The more I look at it, the more I like the Armor All theory. The "spill" on the driver's side of the car is on top of the air box. I don't see what anyone could be topping off or playing with in that area. Like I said... There's no way of knowing for sure, but the more I look at it the more I think that someone got overzealous trying to make it all shiny. It still qualifies as a spill, just not necessarily of a vital fluid The road salt, I don't know. It doesn't snow here.

The ebay auction did show an odometer reading of 13 miles iirc, but I don't know what new BMWs are delivered with (every one built at a specific factory should be exactly-or very, very close-to the same, I'd think).

I don't think that the pictures are sufficient evidence to say that there's any kind of foul play involved. Is it conceivable? Yeah, sure. It's also conceivable that when I go out my front door to go to work tomorrow there'll be a new 911 GT2 parked behind the STI with my name on the title and the keys in the ignition. Conceivable, but not likely.

Last edited by Geeky1; 03-26-2008 at 02:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 02:38 AM   #1108
bdaw
Registered
Rep
Drives: It's fast

You're in good hands dooma350!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 02:39 AM   #1109
anubis
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

After reading through this thread on Sunday I actually emailed the details of this to several major news channels. I never got replies from them but hopefully there were enough people emailing them to be at the door step of the dealership.

I certainly hope everything works out the way you wanted. Good luck mate.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 02:46 AM   #1110
elguevon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 640i Grand Coupe

never have I read a 53 page thread completely....WOW. Better drama than most TV shows. Hope it works out for the OP in the end. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 03:03 AM   #1111
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
I don't think that the pictures are sufficient evidence to say that there's any kind of foul play involved. Is it conceivable? Yeah, sure. It's also conceivable that when I go out my front door to go to work tomorrow there'll be a new 911 GT2 parked behind the STI with my name on the title and the keys in the ignition. Conceivable, but not likely.
No, and with my post I wasn't trying to imply any foul play. Those pix are from the eBay auction in question. But it's something I immediately noticed.

It's just that with a car like this (an expensive sought after current M3) one would expect everything to be picture perfect. The other day I was having my R serviced at Volvo of Santa Monica and I walked by the BMW dealer next door. Their floor room cars were spic and span inside and out.

I'm just surprised that a car like this would show stuff like that. Brand new should have no obvious spills, etc. and should be immaculate as from the factory. There's no reason to use Armor All or whatever. Both my Volvo and my BMW were absolutely perfectly clean on delivery.

I guess I feel that this dealer (Husker) isn't very particular or just doesn't care about the details. To me, it simply looks bad.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 04:00 AM   #1112
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
the link Ken posted to the article, is showing quite nasty side of dealer again... But look at comments on it, and all becomes clear once again.
      03-26-2008, 04:03 AM   #1113
0.02eurocents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 159 SW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggax23 View Post
Yes, most if not all of them did. At least those of the recent past that still had the details acessible. Aside from that, quite a few of the deals they made were actually done via the BuyItNow feature. Only few had an active bidding history. The few that did actually looked surprisingly fishy (i.e. hints to shill bidding).

I don't think ebay motors is a good idea at all. Personally, I would NEVER make a binding on a car that I have not tire-kicked and test-ridden. Neither would I enter a transaction with a dealership I have not felt up personally before. Don't get me wrong, I do quite a bit of ebay, buy and sell, new and used stuff alike, but it just is NOT the bet idea for buying cars in my book. But maybe I am just old and reactionary.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 04:09 AM   #1114
0.02eurocents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 159 SW

Garage List
Quote:
BMWNA should call him up, give him an all expenses paid European Delivery on a loaded M3 of his spec at $60k.
Oh come on... BMW is a corporation, and their shareholders demand profit. They are not a charity. I mean, looking at THAT price and the dollar exchange rate, I am guessing that BMW makes no profit at all on cars delivered to North America. They are probably just serving the market to keep the loyal customers and hope to make a few dollar/euros later on in parts and maintenance.

That care spec'ed on the german BMW site goes for about 60k or 62k in EURO (some option packages are different so not completely equal setup was possible.). At today exchange that comes down to about 92k dollars... one of the reasons I will never buy a german here in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 05:42 AM   #1115
MMMMM3
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black e90 M3 DCT

If the dealership was really looking to start a bidding war and sell the M3 for a ridiculous price - people have suggested around $90,000 to $100,000 in some posts - then why oh why did they set a buy it now price under $70,000?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 05:44 AM   #1116
MelsM3
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Exclamation

The "little guy" gets to turn the tables on the "large" dealership...

F*CKING EXCELLENT!!!!

Someone should tell the owners of BMW Of Lincoln...

Without the "little guy", you have NO income.

No income, No dealership.

"But.. But... We through in the floormats".

Husker Auto Group of Lincoln :finger:
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:01 AM   #1117
thetastelingers
Master Baiter
Rep
Drives: 18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 SOLD  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Glad to hear you have a lawyer.

You have a LOT of people backing you on this.
good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:10 AM   #1118
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post

SO I went out and contacted Channel 8, Ebay, BBB and m3post to let everyone know things were moving in a positive direction. But in subsequent conversations...

Regards

Ken
Hi Ken

I understand that the dealer wants to "fix" their image in this situation by imposing conditions, it is understandable as they publicly admitted that they messed up. What it is not understandable for me is that you could agree to help fixing their image before finalizing and having the car in your hands.

Personally, we could talk, converse, set conditions, exchange forced smirks all they want to but for me to do anything for them I have to have the car in my hands first.

The only thing that is more than obvious here is that this dealer is something more serious than being stupid. They set up a game of "gotcha" on eBay that just backfired and now they want you to fix it. They publicly declared that the Internet movement in your favor did not force them to change their mind, however they want you to diffuse that same Internet movement in their favor as a condition for you to get the car.

If you don't get this car by the second day of "conversations" is because the purpose of all this is to seize the timing and the momentum away from you, IMO. To create tension to see if you get desperate, say something or do something that can be construed as breaking an agreement, whatever imposed. I see this as to force a break up of the negotiations for then take this to the real legal arena with proof of your mistakes.

If by now you still don't have the car then there are no negotiations going on... this is just a magic trick.

Good luck...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:31 AM   #1119
rainsux
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G35 & Italia

> anyone know if any of huskers prior auctions have had reserves set on
> them?

Some do, other don't have reserves. This is not the first time that Huckster
has used the subj line ploy, "LOWEST PRICE ON NET - NO RESERVE"

In my opinion, Huckster's auction was deliberate and they knew precisely
what they were doing - hoping to ignite a bidding frenzy ...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 07:07 AM   #1120
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

wtfffff????? i just read doomas updates....Is this dealership absolutely retarded?????????????? don't they get that they will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars instead of only 6k if they dont make things right???? No one will ever buy another car from them if they read this story, and apparently 99% of the internet has. I wish I had money so I could fly over there and just sit around in the dealership to see what's going on.
      03-26-2008, 07:16 AM   #1121
toddy33
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Lexus IS250

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
wtfffff????? i just read doomas updates....Is this dealership absolutely retarded?????????????? don't they get that they will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars instead of only 6k if they dont make things right???? No one will ever buy another car from them if they read this story, and apparently 99% of the internet has. I wish I had money so I could fly over there and just sit around in the dealership to see what's going on.

I think they established their mental capacity when they first called dooma.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #1122
imafrk
Rep
Drives: 2001 Audi S4

Alleging you made a 'mistake' in an eBay listing that was edited on three subsequent occasions is very suspicious, almost Machiavellian, very underhanded. I don't like people that lie.

Then claiming you "don't legally have to do this. I'm getting a lot of publicity on it" is not only insulting to the purchaser but to the rest of the automotive dealer community.

I now appears a number of 'conditions' are expected and implicit by the dealer in order to turn over the car??? This is the final slap in the face. Dangle the carrot, why don't you, these are games that stopped in kindergarten for most people.

Way to man up Husker Auto Group.

The only way they can save face now it to let the man pick an M3 of choice for free even? at a dealership of his choice. Ideally outside of the Husker Automotive group in an effort to remain Totally impartial.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread