BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

03-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #1
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Anyone try [SolidCore]?

I did it for the first time last night since a co-worker was talking about how hard it was.

Was a cool and very good workout and all but the prices are fucking ridiculous. Has anyone else tried it?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #2
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I did it for the first time last night since a co-worker was talking about how hard it was.

Was a cool and very good workout and all but the prices are fucking ridiculous. Has anyone else tried it?
Never heard of it but it kind of looks like high intensity pilates based on this picture.

http://solidcore.co/

The website showed $29 for one class, is that real life? <--- and that's coming from a crossfitter, I know a thing or two about overpriced gym memberships.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 08:07 AM   #3
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Never heard of it but it kind of looks like high intensity pilates based on this picture.

http://solidcore.co/

The website showed $29 for one class, is that real life? <--- and that's coming from a crossfitter, I know a thing or two about overpriced gym memberships.
Oh it gets worse. That's just the intro class.

Full price is $39/class. Monthly package for like 8 classes a month was like $250/month and unlimited was almost $400.

Madness.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 09:50 AM   #4
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Oh it gets worse. That's just the intro class.

Full price is $39/class. Monthly package for like 8 classes a month was like $250/month and unlimited was almost $400.

Madness.
So what is this machine that they use for the classes? What movements do the classes consist of?

Do they have a good amount of people in the classes? I cannot imagine paying anywhere close to that much.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 03:50 PM   #5
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
So what is this machine that they use for the classes? What movements do the classes consist of?

Do they have a good amount of people in the classes? I cannot imagine paying anywhere close to that much.
Hard to explain but it's basically this moving platform that moves as you pull on various straps. You can attach one to many springs on this platform to increase the resistance.

It's kinda like barre and Pilates on cocaine in a sense that it's all about slow and controlled movements (you pretty much have to, because if you don't, the platform will fly back and forth too quickly causing you to lose your balance) and holding various reps for several seconds.

I can see the usefulness since it works out muscles that I normally wouldn't work out but it's hard to justify with the price. They tend to offer sales where you can buy a batch of classes at an "ok" price but outside of that, it's hard to pay the prices they ask.

And no the classes are super small (less than 10), about 50/50 girls and guys, but that's good since the trainers make it a point to know you by name and are always critiquing your form.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 05:25 AM   #6
BillyCarrera
Registered
Rep
Drives: I have bmw m2

yes I have tried.
Appreciate 0