BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

01-28-2010, 04:33 AM   #67
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkcaptain View Post
Sorry, but I have to support the established vendors like IND or Rennspec here. For curiosity I shipped a Porsche system, which was PayPaled on Suday, to Dubai this week - the happy customer was able to pick it up yesterday (Wednesday) nite - thatīs 3 days after payment! Who does not belive can have the tracking # from me!!! Me and others forwarded you to people who know about the Akra system or offered info personally - thatīs not just for selling a system, thatīs because me and others are also M drivers and know about these babies. I was the very first who had an Evolution system installed on his M3 (except the Akra test car), but you ignored. Now you buy your system obviously from a BMW dealer, who has no idea about it and finally your system will come you more expensive than offered in this thread by other people, since he will not get the propper discounts, cause he is only ordering a single system and he also has to pay taxes, VAT and shipping.
Finally or latest when your car throws CEL you will cry here in the Forum and ask for help!
Thatīs yust my 2 cents...
+1

Mine came 5 days after payment because of New Year shutdown. Duties and VAT were cheaper than a dealer.

Cant understand why you didnt buy from Nate/Ralf. They are the ones supporting helping us here. Try and cancel with your dealer and do the right thing, you wont regret it
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #68
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Some customers prefer to deal with "local" reputable vendors as it allows them to sleep at night. Most people are concerned with sending a large amount of hard earned money to some country they have never set foot in.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #69
H2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwan View Post
i'd love to get it from Nate, but im in the UAE, shipping and customs would kill me, instead my dealer can have it within a week and installed, it's a hassle free if you know what i mean, but thanks for the recommendation, i would definitely consider Nate for future purchases. After all i still wanna get some minor CF accessories for my M, like the exhaust tips, CF mirrors, front hood vents and so on.

btw, i any recommendation on a high quality colf air intake? i dont care for Gruppe M, i want something that sound grunty like the E46 M3 CLs but with a V8 touch....i hate muscle cr sounding exhausts like the AMG Mercedes, they sound awful.
If you're able to get the carbon fiber tips when you purchase the exhaust, instead of the regular tips, you'll spend less overall since you won't have to buy them separately. I didn't want two sets of tips, so I bought mine (polished titanium) at the same time.
      02-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #70
Green-Eggs
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewabf View Post
That's precisely what this forum is for: to give people the peace of mind.

Between Ralf and Nate at IND I spent $13,200 an was amazed at their fast and amazing service and support. I said so and recommended to Marwan.

Just surprised he never took advice and also chatted to Ralf for help then went and bought from someone else.

I just think peoples effort and care should be rewarded. But hey that's just me

I prefer to spend my money state side if the option is available. Having someone to call is much more comforting
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #71
Green-Eggs
United_States
Rep

Quote:
do you have a hidden agenda Sam? Ralf and Nate are top performers on this forum and assist members with their time and great service. They should at the very least be able to covert this into a sale at the end, rather the member taking and taking and then reverting to a second rate supplier that didn’t have to work for the sale!
No hidden agenda, just stating what is felt. Is that too much to handle? Someone offended? Is this not a discussion forum?

I am saying to buy from IND (did I not?), they are great guys. IND is stateside, we have met in person. IND & shops like them make big purchases easier.

Am I not speaking English? Is there a reason for your sensitivity?

My user-name was changed recently so other vendors don't get bent out of shape. My purpose is to provide information not make the sale, I don't PM people to push sales or anything. If you want to talk, hit me up and I will give you my telephone number
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 11:27 PM   #72
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Just Ordered my Evolution system through IND yesterday...... I will be installing it on my car as soon as the car arrives in late April or early May.
      02-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #73
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Just Ordered my Evolution system through IND yesterday...... I will be installing it on my car as soon as the car arrives in late April or early May.
My kinda guy, putting the cart WAY ahead of the horse
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 08:17 AM   #74
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
My kinda guy, putting the cart WAY ahead of the horse
I have really put the cart ahead of the horse...... So far I have Akrapovic Evolution, Brembo 380MM BBK, 20" BBS LM's W/PS2's, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, European Front Bumper, and a few custom painted trim pieces.

Only thing is, no car to put them on..... Oh well, it will be here soon.
      02-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #75
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I have really put the cart ahead of the horse...... So far I have Akrapovic Evolution, Brembo 380MM BBK, 20" BBS LM's W/PS2's, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, European Front Bumper, and a few custom painted trim pieces.

Only thing is, no car to put them on..... Oh well, it will be here soon.
NICE

Are you concerned that between now and the next 3 months your taste my change that or you may want something different? Still that being said, you have an amazing mod list thus far. As is, it would be one of the nicest cars here, but w/o any question it is the nicest non-produced car here, ever
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #76
antonio_spain
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Alpine White

Evolution Performance Gains

To those of you that have the Evolution system installed, what are the real performance gains that can be obtained, I mean, are there any measurement of 0-60, 1/4 mile etc?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #77
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio_spain View Post
To those of you that have the Evolution system installed, what are the real performance gains that can be obtained, I mean, are there any measurement of 0-60, 1/4 mile etc?

Thanks,
That's hard to say, especially since I would imagine that most people who have the Full Akra have otehr mods such as Pulleys, Tune, different wheels/tires, air filters, etc.

I think your best bet is to look at a Dyno, since most guys got time their 0-60 runs.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #78
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs View Post
No hidden agenda, just stating what is felt. Is that too much to handle? Someone offended? Is this not a discussion forum?

I am saying to buy from IND (did I not?), they are great guys. IND is stateside, we have met in person. IND & shops like them make big purchases easier.

Am I not speaking English? Is there a reason for your sensitivity?

My user-name was changed recently so other vendors don't get bent out of shape. My purpose is to provide information not make the sale, I don't PM people to push sales or anything. If you want to talk, hit me up and I will give you my telephone number
BTW how do you change your username? I was thinking of a new one.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #79
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sam I did not see your support of IND and co on the previous page...
however, I think that members that keep pming vendors and openly asking for assistance, should have sex after the courting/flirting. Leaving the vendor with a box of tissues to use, isn't cool. He should have bought from them. This was my thread and I have stated that IND shipped to me in 5 days incl New Years Day after payment and I am in Africa dude!!

No aggression or sensitivity, just strong opinion and support of guys who have looked after me. The agenda chirp was probably a bit strong
I don’t disagree with you, but sales are sales. Just because you contact someone for a quote doesn’t mean you have to buy form them. That being said the main vendors here are great and do deserve business because of the hard work they put in, which is why I have bought from some, and in some cases gotten quotes but not bought from them.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #80
Alchem
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I think you need to make some High Def good quality videos! I want some interior and exterior vids.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #81
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
I don’t disagree with you, but sales are sales. Just because you contact someone for a quote doesn’t mean you have to buy form them. That being said the main vendors here are great and do deserve business because of the hard work they put in, which is why I have bought from some, and in some cases gotten quotes but not bought from them.
Just noticed Turner offers the Akra Evo as well. Looks like special pricing $5623 - http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...9X-GT4-EXHAUST
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #82
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

andrewabf (and any other Akra Evo owners),

Do you guys notice the loss in power compared to stock under 2,500 RPMs? How badly does the exhaust affect everyday city driving?
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #83
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post

Do you guys notice the loss in power compared to stock under 2,500 RPMs? How badly does the exhaust affect everyday city driving?
Not at all. Car is much more lively with this exhaust. The difference is really night and day.
      02-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #84
M3EST
Rear wheel drive fanatic
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E30-1M-M4

Garage List
1987 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post

Not at all.On the other hand is far more enjoyable.
      02-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #85
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

Plus 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3EST View Post
Not at all.On the other hand is far more enjoyable.
This car has so much power with Akra exhaust you will never fill the dip!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #86
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Just noticed Turner offers the Akra Evo as well. Looks like special pricing $5623 - http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...9X-GT4-EXHAUST
I plan on ordering one from them. Spoke with Doug at Turner the other day.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #87
Checkcaptain
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 GTS

Quote:
What dip, I never noticed a dip!!
What the hell is going on here, there is a dip??????!!!
Can someone please explain to
me WTF is going on here???
Maybe the ones from Turner have a dip, not mine!!!!
Andrew,
have a look at 2.500rpm- that is the only range where the Akra performs a little below stock.
Everybody who has no Akra is complaining about this - everybody who has one does not feel it
Reason is reduced backpressure due to HFC.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #88
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Gentlemen...

My advice from experience is that you should rather deal with a smaller company that looks after it's customers. The CEL issue is a real problem in the US particularly and the relationship I have built dealing with Ralf and Nate is really a good one.*

The after sales service and support is worth the few extra dollars.

Trust me deal with Nate at IND! There have been so many unbelievable posts from IND clients, let that guide you.

I have just bought an ESS 575 kit today from him, and it's been such a pleasure dealing with them. I have bought Akra, brembos, rogue pulley and ESS now and they have shipped to S Africa very quickly and inexpensively. Call Nate, I'm sure he will look after you, and give you the right advice re CEL and how to sort it out.
damn all the way to South Africa... and im lazy to drive there from milwaukee

share your experience with the supercharger once you get it installed
Appreciate 0