BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

12-31-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
r1214
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Thoughts on this 2010 M3 dealer report?

Hey guys- I've been on the hunt for an E90 M3 for a while now. I found a 2010 that has everything I want, down to the color combo, manual transmission, and the packages, and even a grand under my budget of $40K.

I ran a CarFax and it listed no accidents, and 3 owners. But I also got the dealer service report and was a bit surprised at some of the entries. I've never owned an M3, let alone a BMW, so I'm not sure if this type of stuff is common or not. Should I be alarmed?

The thing that surprised me the most was the entry about broken valve spring and the final drive unit. Those both seem like pretty big service issues that I would not expect on a car with 50K or less miles. Is this at all "typical" or should I be worried about this car with this kind of service history?

One other thing that maybe makes this a moot point. This M3 is at a CarMax dealer and I can get the MaxCare warranty that covers 5 years and up to 100k miles. I would have cringed at the thought of buying from a CarMax just a few weeks ago until I read all of Doug Demuro's Jalopnik articles about CarMax warranty options. It will allow me to have the car serviced at a BMW dealer and just pay a $50 deductible each time there is an issue. So maybe I shouldn't care so much about the history report, but I did want to see what others thought.

Thanks so much!
Ben
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 08:43 PM   #2
Sergm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 f10 m5 comp

All that was fixed by the dealer. I would worry about having 3 owners in 4 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 11:39 AM   #3
r1214
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergm3 View Post
All that was fixed by the dealer. I would worry about having 3 owners in 4 years.
Correction, I was mistaken, it has had 2 owners.

And of course it was all fixed, I just thought it was odd to even have this many issues in that period of time/mileage. I guess I'm just used to vehicles that go nearly 100K miles without a single issue that requires out of the ordinary service or work

I'm looking at one other M3 that is a 2011 single owner, but it's a couple grand more. Might be worth it though.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
gazosnic
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

looks normal... i wont worry about anything there.