BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #23
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
Has anyone tried Racing Brake rotors?

http://www.racingbrake.com/Two-piece...-M3-p/2161.htm

03-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #24
Harry Da Hamster
Captain
Rep
Drives: The Bus

YIKES!!! But the rotors don't look to be the same. The rotor hat looks different. And the outside circumference of the rotor looks to be casted different.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 09:28 PM   #25
TheSnail
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
YIKES!!! But the rotors don't look to be the same. The rotor hat looks different. And the outside circumference of the rotor looks to be casted different.
Google "Racing Brakes Rotor Failure". I was interested in getting some myself. I searched racing brakes rotor, and google prompted me to search failure. Out of curiosity I searched that. From the looks of it, it seems way too risky. People are saying its a problem the company wont acknowledge. I'm no longer interested in these and that's just my own decision. I don't know much about them as a company, so buy them at will.
      03-14-2015, 04:18 AM   #26
Harry Da Hamster
Captain
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnail View Post
Google "Racing Brakes Rotor Failure". I was interested in getting some myself. I searched racing brakes rotor, and google prompted me to search failure. Out of curiosity I searched that. From the looks of it, it seems way too risky. People are saying its a problem the company wont acknowledge. I'm no longer interested in these and that's just my own decision. I don't know much about them as a company, so buy them at will.
I think i've read enough to make me steer clear of RacingBrake. One questionable caliper failure, could be the product or user error. And three catastrophic rotor failures. Thanks for posting this.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 12:04 AM   #27
SimiM3
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

I ordered the PFC brake kit from Bimmerworld back in May, 2015 for my 2010 E90 M3. They shipped me the steel braided lines and the brake fluid pretty quickly. The rear brake pads came later, then the front pads later than that. It is December 20th, 2015 and I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY ROTORS!! I have heard how great these rotors and pads are. I wouldn't know because I am NEVER going to receive them.

Everyone I spoke to at Bimmerworld and PFC were very nice and they kept telling me the rotors would ship in "a few weeks".

I just emailed Bimmerworld and requested they issue a call tag for the front and read pads, cancel the order for the rotors and issue credit to my credit card.

I am not one to complain about something I purchased. But this is just ridiculous and I thought others might want to know what I went through before they order PFC pads and rotors.

This is the kit:

http://store.bimmerworld.com/introdu...age-p1314.aspx

Last edited by SimiM3; 12-21-2015 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #28
SimiM3
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Update

I wanted everyone to know that Justin at PFC was able to put together a set of V2 rotors for me and is shipping them out as I write this. He was very apologetic about the delay and seemed very concerned about working out something with me. He did not let my frustration affect how he dealt with me. The whole time he remained calm and cool, even though he was working during the holidays with limited personnel.

I can't wait to install the rotors and pads.

I'll update after I receive and install them.

Happy Holidays to you all.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 08:47 AM   #29
VictorH
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

That's a bummer but glad you got it addressed. I've had excellent customer service from Bimmerworld.
As to the PFC rotors, I think you will like them very much. Well designed quality product. I've been using mine for more than a year now for track use only (I swap out with stock rotors) and it's been a good substitute for a BBK, with the right pads (I use Pagid RS-19s and when these are gone will switch to a set of Endless).
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #30
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

What I've found with PFC is their products are great but they are clearly swamped, probably from getting the porsche and bmw oem deals for the race cars.

I simply keep a spare set in a stock. A single set of pfc front rotors and 12 pads (equivalent to the 08) lasted over 30 track days this year. The rear rotors/pads are almost new and should last 3x that amount. Pretty impressive if you ask me!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 11:03 PM   #31
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Yes, I had RB on my Supra TT. They exploded.. quite literally, the right front rotor ring ripped away from the top hat before a stop light.. I had to pitch the car sideways and use the hand brake to scrub off speed and stop before the stop sign.. Made an awful noise too.. Needed to clean pants afterwards..
Sweet mother of god

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #32
racingbrake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

The brake failure posted here was due to the discretionary judgement made by the customer in retrofitting his old to new version CTS-V w/o knowing the rotor offset was different and that he can't re-use his hat.

The whole story with detail description on what has caused to the failure was disclosed here.

http://forums.racingbrake.com/showpo...28&postcount=3

CTS-V owners purchase the complete rotor assembly for V1 or V2 never had any issue.

We have since reinforced a new policy that a customer must provide previous RB two piece rotor ownership in order to purchase RB replacement rings and it has effectively prevented this type of application failure.
Appreciate 0