BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Just built my computer, what next?

I just finished putting together my computer. Windows 7 pro, i7 960, asus p6t, 6 gigs 1600 ram, radeon 5850.

It's up and running, except the internet since my other wireless adapter doesnt work with windows 7 (buying another one this afternoon). Is there anything I should be doing to make sure it's running its best? I don't want to OC it right now, but I think I've heard that the memory doesn't automatically run at it's fastest unless you tweak something, is that true? Anything else I should do to max the memory, processor, graphics?

Thanks guys.

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
chinoxs203
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi AW

FMIC, and DPs

memory will only run as fast as the slowest chip. so if you have all the same you would be fine. you may want to check your bios too see what speed its running.

FOR SALE:
Dropbox - please
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Not that anyone cares, but I'm having problems at startup. It says it doesn't detect my hard drive, which leads me to believe I got a bad disk. But, it wont let me get into the bios at all, which may mean it's a mobo problem. Who knows. Going to try and plug the disk into a different SATA port to see if something is wrong with SATA 4 (where it's currently plugged). If that doesn't work, I'll go buy a new HD and see if it's really the disk or if it's the motherboard.

Mwave assembled and tested the mobo/cpu. I'm going to be pissed if it's the mobo, since I paid extra to make sure it works.

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

You would be able to enter the BIOS even with a bad hard disk.

Does the P6T have dual CMOS chips? I'm not familiar with ASUS mobos at the upper end.
Appreciate 0