BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
FrankieP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW/BLK

AC Schnitzer vs. REMUS exhaust

Hello board,

As a contributing member to this forum, I felt the need to make this information public. For some time now (over a year) I have seen many threads that are comparing the ACS exhaust with the Remus unit. Many of you are under the impression that the ACS unit is the same as the Remus unit (except tip and logo). This impression has been reinforced my member "REMUS". Member name "REMUS" has also used the ACS sound clips to sell our community the Remus brand exhaust. When questioned about the differences in sound between the ACS and Remus sound clips, member REMUS refers only to the recording process of the sound clips. On many occasions, member REMUS has jumped onto ACS exhaust titled threads and "pushed" their product using the good name of ACS. These selling practices are immoral and misleading.

The actual facts on this topic are the following:

The ACS exhaust was fully developed by ACS, and only manufactured by REMUS.

The ACS and REMUS exhaust are, in fact different, and REMUS is under contract not to use ACS R&D nor design for their private brand. The differences are in the internals, tips, and fittings.

If any members have any additional question, please post and I will do my best answer.

Thanks,

Frank
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Hi Frank. Fully understand where you are coming from. I have the ACS Race exhaust and have to admit that it sounds amazingly close to the Remus Race. However, I decided to go with the ACS Race because it sounded louder and a little more throaty than the Remus. I have heard many clips of the Remus Race but there are definitely not similar to the ACS.

I am not taking sides but most posts that has been made by members and vendors on the Remus Race are that they are pretty much identical to the ACS Race. I honestly dont think they are doing anything to mislead the general public on the exhausts offered by the companies.

I have bought the ACS and am extremely happy with the unique sound and quality. And the only reason why this was possible was because I based it on the Remus since I was informed it will sound identical to the ACS, but louder as then, only the Remus had their offering. Since then, I have heard clips of the ACS Race which sounded similar but different in terms of loudness with the tone being pretty much the same.

I hope this clears the air...

Cheers!

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
THanks Frank for posting the information... I have always been wondering what's the difference between the two system...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

I'm pretty sure they are the exact same with different tips
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
William Blake
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 08 MINI Cooper S Clubman

I always felt the ACS system had more of a raspy tone...

They both sound spectacular, I just don't really like the tip design on the ACS.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #6
FrankieP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
I'm pretty sure they are the exact same with different tips
It is a fact that they are not the same.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #7
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
I don't think we'll know for sure until someone chop open a Remus Race and AC Schnitzer Race. The argument will always be out there.
      02-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

i think AC Schnitzer is trying to get more sales because everyones going for Remus Race... and they think if m3 owners believe remus is an immoral company, they will quit buying remus and go for AC Schnitzer..Show us some proof.

Let's let Remus chime in here.
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
FrankieP
United_States
Rep

REMUS?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #10
FrankieP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I don't think we'll know for sure until someone chop open a Remus Race and AC Schnitzer Race. The argument will always be out there.
For public knowledge, AC Schnitzer Germany is willing to cut their exhaust open to prove this fact.

The fact that some members still question these statements proves that the community has been mislead.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #11
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@CEC View Post
For public knowledge, AC Schnitzer Germany is willing to cut their exhaust open to prove this fact.

The fact that some members still question these statements proves that the community has been mislead.
Frank,

I'm not here to challenge you. Just stating what I see as a be all end all solution. It'll also be a great PR for AC Schnitzer as well. See if you can get them do it and cut another Remus longitudinally to show the differences / similarities.
      02-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #12
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Definitely, I apologize if the exhausts are different
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #13
CampioniShop
Rep
Drives: na

Frank,

As we stated via PM, and how this should first have been handled, we will not respond in this thread with specific details, we expressed our thoughts via PM. No promotional material from ACS has been used towards the sale of REMUS units on our website or through any other sales channel including but not limited to forums, ebay ads and magazine advertisement. If members across multiple forums are assuming ACS exhausts are rebranded REMUS, it is not because of our marketing effort but a lack thereof on your part. ACS has a contract with REMUS GmbH for manufacturing of units, as Frank stated, these exhausts have specifications from ACS directly, however associations with tuners and OEM tuning lines and OEM manufacturers are made public and easily accessible simply by looking for the made by REMUS mark on any outsourced canister. The perception of such contracts is to the different companies involved to market. Again, nowhere did REMUSshop used ACS promotion material.

For members out there, REMUSshop has always acted with good will towards our customer base by providing great and honest service as our track record has shown on multiple forums with little to no negative feedback.

Matt
REMUSshop
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #14
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

I have to side with CEC and ACS on this. If I was in their position and a supplier of mine was trying to sell their own product directly to the consumer by claiming it's the same for a fraction of the price I'd be furious, because not only are those poor business practices and a violation of contract agreements, it is not true at all. The things Remus cannot provide, which in this case is tip design, brand name, and technical specifications, are what differentiate a product in the marketplace and make the ACS product unique. Incidentally, I don't care for either of the products so I am unbiased in this matter, it's just that Remus shouldn't bank on the ACS name to sell their own private brand.

Oh and Remus, you've said before that the ACS and Remus exhausts are the 'same with different tips.' Perhaps you should go through your old posts and edit them.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #15
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

I have also seen threads where ppl have done the same comparison to Hamann and Supersprint. Come on guys, lighten up. At the end of the day, everything boils down to dollars and cents and support. Though both companies may be similar or slightly different, most will choose the cheaper alternative. For me, I chose the more expensive one because the the ACS was louder and throatier. Tone remains the same as would be the Hamanns and the Supersprint. It doesnt vary very much interms of tone.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #16
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Quote:
I think this is an excellent idea. AC Schnitzer Germany has stepped up to the plate...Will Remus do the same to end all of this speculation?!?

While I can't speak for their exhaust components since I've never used it, I can say ACS's cf parts are quality stuff! I want those cf side ground effects pieces so bad!!!

'17 95B GTS
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #17
Jared@ACGsandiego
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

REMUSshop is not REMUSUSA fyi
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #18
Griz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
Oh and Remus, you've said before that the ACS and Remus exhausts are the 'same with different tips.' Perhaps you should go through your old posts and edit them.
What happened here?

edit 1 edit 2
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #19
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep

whats the difference from RemusUSA and RemusShop?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #20
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Quote:

I would like to see that

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #21
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

Quote:

Chop it up and end all the speculation

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 02:10 AM   #22
serven7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RS 46 M3

I always thought that the ACS sounded much different. I would be interested in some pictures of the two different exhaust cut open. Will Remus agree?
Appreciate 0