BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

09-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #89
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
Superfly

I see your writing style has changed again, almost like it's a different person writing for you all of a sudden, very reminiscent of your last thread.

There is a very simple solution to all of this, one that does not include butt dynos or how cool someone is or cut and paste posting. I have always put this challenge on the table but have yet to have a single person accept it. How about we fly in and dyno test your car at your dyno. All of the data including full data logging, timing, AFR etc.. can be collected by Robert from the dyno database to be shared with the community so everyone can see what is really going on in each file. This way we have actual data and not just what you claim your P3 gauge read. If our tune makes less power than the current tune on your car as you claim we will pay you $1,000 cash + cover all expenses including dyno time and travel.

There it is...
I have made this challenge in the past to you in your previous thread and you ignored me. Considering how confident you are in your "butt dyno" and your continued posts attemting to prove your point I would think you would jump at the opportunity to defend your position and let's be honest who does not like easy money. Would you like to actually prove what you are claiming or are you going to ignore me again and continue making marketing threads everytime the subject is brought up?

You have my number
There it is.........
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #90
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
I went with bpm because he is knowledgable about his stuff. He is also very close to me about 15 minutes away, available on the weekends, pricing was better (didnt need to pay for the cables), got it in time to also get the
Servotune for free, took the time to chat on the phone and didnt even push a sale on me. If you read my reviews you would know i wasnt the same person writing some nice review. It was basically a troll review to break the "oh he got paid to write it" school of thought and to show that i was happy with my purchase. Lot of people seem to not like him but he does know his shit and that is the important part. He was a nice guy. That guy retrofitted auto start stop in his car just to try it and it worked.
Good stuff man
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #91
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Why vendors always come in on threads with peoples opinions? Thats why shit gets locked all the damn time. I have no doubt all the tunes out there are great. I went with the person who seemed like they gave better customer support and was a lot more accessible to me. For example, i could stop by at any time for anything, including weekends. I also wrote damn near an essay about my concerns regarding a tune. One response was give me a call and we can talk about all of the issues im concerned about, the other was yes we sell it for $xxx.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #92
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Why vendors always come in on threads with peoples opinions? Thats why shit gets locked all the damn time.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #93
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

This thread is a hoot, although I will agree with ESS on every tune is the same. They all make the same power given other constants, car, dyno, weather etc. The only way one will make more power is to run more timing and lean it out, the numbers will look better but the pinbores will start to suffer.
Let me repeat that,
I have no dealings with Roman at ESS but everything that he has stated is fact, given a properly tuned car there is no difference between any of the tunes. I run Evolve, why, because when I was looking for one they were having the group buy so I bought it. I am 100% satisfied but if Roman were to offer me a ess tune for free I would gratiously decline just because there is no difference from what I have now.
      09-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #94
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
This thread is a hoot, although I will agree with ESS on every tune is the same. They all make the same power given other constants, car, dyno, weather etc. The only way one will make more power is to run more timing and lean it out, the numbers will look better but the pinbores will start to suffer.
Let me repeat that,
I have no dealings with Roman at ESS but everything that he has stated is fact, given a properly tuned car there is no difference between any of the tunes. I run Evolve, why, because when I was looking for one they were having the group buy so I bought it. I am 100% satisfied but if Roman were to offer me a ess tune for free I would gratiously decline just because there is no difference from what I have now.
Objectivity FTW, well said.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #95
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
For whatever reason, the n54 guys are much better about logging this data and publicly posting it and discussing it. There is a ton of information on those forums on how to read a dyno graph and how do identify timing corrections and interpret them. This forum is very limited on actual data which is disappointing and makes most threads pretty useless.

Very true. That's because a few of the N54 users were part of communities like Evo and as a result they are more familiar with technical stuff and those who are noob, unlike here, try to learn basic things. And also vendors do tell users what they get, not here though. In here discussions are all about my car is faster than yours or how i "feel" my car is faster than yours.

And BTW this thread is poor. OP, creating a thread like this in this section is just wrong. I don't want to be rude, but let's face it nobody cares about others' feel about their mods. Post numbers, dynos, logs etc... then we can talk.

And also to those who want to get a tune. I think i'm the 4th guy in this thread saying this, it doesn't add much power. Just save money for a exhaust a de-cat your OEM exhaust. Those are better ways to extract more juice.

Last edited by Soorena; 09-05-2013 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #96
TMR
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Im a happy BPM customer.
SOLD E39 M5 Modded, What a great car! www.tmrmzine.com/m5/
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread