BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

12-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
trf417
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M

Shipping charges...

Hi guys,

Not sure if you guys agree, but I think the shipping costs that BMW dealers charges to ship cars from one dealer from another province to another is garbage. Often, the dealer will say "we need to ship the car from another province, and therefore there is an additional charge". It is another way to pad their profit margin. Sure, the dealer does have to fork out the initial cost, but isn't that part of doing business and if that is the case, they should be able to write off the shipping charges.

Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 02:41 AM   #2
fastrack
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 MW e92 M3

Garage List
2021 M2c  [0.00]
When I purchased a truck a few months ago. The dealer told me they would have to charge me a extra $1000 to get me the truck I wanted after we had agreed on the price. They said they couldn't find the truck I wanted anywhere close. But they found one in Alberta. I told them that it's not my problem. I told them if they couldnt honor the deal I would take my deposit back.... Guess what they did? I didn't pay a extra penny. With dealers you have to be firm and ready to walk out if they try to screw with you. Don't worry they want our money, I've never seen one turn that down

Mineral White + HRE + Brembo + Eisenmann + Challenge = Perfection
Appreciate 0