BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

View Poll Results: what caliper
stock single piston 50 37.04%
Brembo multi piston 78 57.78%
brakes slow the car down... the point is to make it go Faster!!!!... who needs um... 7 5.19%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

10-13-2008, 08:18 AM   #111
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob@BPS View Post
Don't you find it ironic that the 135, at about $30K less than an E9X M3, comes with Brembo calipers stock from the factory???

As a retailer, I'm glad we have upgrades to sell, but as a fellow enthusiast and consumer, I have to assume it was just ONE of the decisions BMW made to keep the price from being $80K - $90K - $100K. By not coming with a BBK, I guess that gives us all the advantage of deciding whether we want a BBK at all. It also gives us the opportunity to make decisions about brand and color, so we can individualize our cars. If they came with BBKs from the factory, we would all look the same.

Bob
Get your point, but I don't see a AMG or Ferrari or etc etc etc complaining that there brakes are silver or red, there just happy there got Brembo type brakes.

I just think if you going to put a BBK on a M3 then you should at least be able to buy them from BMW themselves and keep it oem.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #112
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
nope... this was first round... stock brakes.. what they are from the factory.. def not up to the job....

i will now do pads. fluid and ducting....
You have to change the pads for track driving. Stock pads clearly were never meant for that. You will see a major difference. I did, and am now rather happy with the stock brakes. Regardless, it is a heavy car, and you feel it. An aftermarket brake system will not change that...
      10-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #113
attbimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3, '88 E30 M3

I like the look of 4/6 piston calipers, but don't think i could ever justify the cost. The stock brakes work great on track with a good fluid, ss lines and most importantly a good set of track pads like PFC 01s or Pagid RS19s. Cooling ducts would help as well.

I still run my E36 M3 with stock calipers and rotors on track and am very happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 03:03 AM   #114
Bob@BPS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328

TE37s DO fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionBlitzz View Post
Do you know if the 6 pot BBK would clear 18" +22 TE37?
I forgot about this post. As a matter of fact, it does. Check out my thread here. I have a set of 18x9.5" front 18x10.5 rear TE37s with BFG R1s. It is a tight fit, but it does fit and I confirmed with my rep @ Race Technologies that the clearance is adequate.

I'm planning on visiting my rep @ Mackin ASAP to test other Volk options.

Bob

Bimmer Performance Store
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #115
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by attbimmer View Post
I like the look of 4/6 piston calipers, but don't think i could ever justify the cost. The stock brakes work great on track with a good fluid, ss lines and most importantly a good set of track pads like PFC 01s or Pagid RS19s. Cooling ducts would help as well.

I still run my E36 M3 with stock calipers and rotors on track and am very happy with it.
pfc01s...

thats a really aggressive pad for a street car....

ive bout made my mind to do a BBK.. i would like to try track pads.. but if i dont like them.. ide have just wasted couple hundred bucks....

i usually go with the motto go big or go home....
Appreciate 0