BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

02-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

M3 Individual MC Blue + ZCP Ordered

18 Feb.....BMW sent a new photoshop of the proposed car....attached on page 2 and shows a bit of the RB interior against the MCB exterior and GTS black wheels. Apologies about the coloring, might be a bit off. And the tires are dull. You'd have thought they could photoshop a shine. Geez!

So the day finally came. It's truly something I've been waiting for most of my adult (well 2nd childhood) life. Been a cop for 32 years and retiring alive, also turning 50 (the new 40 of course) this month. So it was time to fulfil the dream of owning an M3. Been talking about it for years and in January 2009 got in touch with BMW M directly and started the planning for an M3 that would truly be unique. After more than a year of e-mails back and forth (I lost track of the number, but there were lots of them), and one meeting locally - when my M Division client advisor represented BMW at the Toronto International Auto Show - I have to say that the BMW group (M, Individual & BMW Canada) have been the best people in the world to deal with. Makes sense because they make the best cars too!!

I joined the forums about a year and a half ago when I bought my 135 in anticipation of getting back to BMW and haven't looked back. Of course I snooped the M3 Forums and added comments & insights when appropriate and I've learned a ton from everyone here. So now my membership here is official - minus a few months of waiting of course - and I look forward to everything that this car and everyone here has to offer - for many years to come. Many sincere thanks for all the insights that I've gained.

So here's the car which I'm very thankful for because BMW has accomodated a whole bunch of "stretch" requests that they and BMW Canada have allowed:

- E92 M3 Coupe 6 MT
- Monte Carlo Blue with Carbon Fibre Roof
- Rust Brown Interior
- Shifter with ZHP shift knob
- Piano Black interior trim
- Competiton Package with GTS Matte Black Wheels
- High Gloss Shadowline
- High Gloss Shadowline trim (grills, gills, hood vents, exhaust tips but NOT the mirror caps, did NOT want these)
- All other options including Exec Pkg, M Drive Pkg, EDC, etc, etc.
- 4.4L motor from the GTS (O.K., just kidding on this one )

I've tentatively been scheduled for build during week 18 (1st week of May) but have my fingers crossed for something a bit earlier if BMW can find the space. Hoping to have it in early, early summer, complete the break in and then track it at Watkins Glen in August!!

Finally.....if you were wondering.....much like the Mastercard commercial, this car is going to be "priceless", so don't ask about the cost. To be very blunt, it was expensive but I've worked for it all of my life and a I did get my discount; all's fair in love and war and of course there's my favorite saying which helped justify the price...."you can't take it with you!!" It's going through Budd's BMW in Oakville, Ontario which is a fantastic place with exceptional service. Wouldn't have gone anywhere else for this car and the owner is a tremendous guy who casually told me today "If there are ever any concerns, you know where my office is". He's an Individual/performance enthusiast to boot!!!

My only question now...how long will it take me to drive to IND??? The "bug" has already started!!!

So is this f'n exciting or what???????

Regards & thanks, Mark

Last edited by Mark's M; 02-20-2010 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
Ricfutures
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Congrats on hitting so many milestones and celebrating them properly. She sounds like a beast and it's clear that you have done your homework. The longer the ride to IND the better so long as you make the trip to after the break in period.

Congrats.
EB M235i (Sold)
E92 M3 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
H2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

That car sounds fantastic! The Monte Carlo Blue, Rust Brown, and Piano Black should look terrific. Congrats.
      02-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 View Post
That car sounds fantastic! The Monte Carlo Blue, Rust Brown, and Piano Black should look terrific. Congrats.
A very, very tough choice btw between your colour - which I LOVE - and mine. I year or so ago I begged for Estoril Blue but we all know what happened with it...an absolute "no go" was the response from BMW. I was convinced that LSB was gonna be it....until they resurected Estoril (for the most part) with MCB. Fell in love all over again.

Thanks brother!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

WOW. Strong work!

I am dying to see pics of this in the flesh. It should be absolutely stunning!

Congrats!!!!
      02-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Congrats on getting the MC blue, I guess it is available
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

It's been a long time coming. Congrats, Mark.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #8
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Wow, congrats!

Post pics of *everything*, okay?
      02-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
M3Alpine
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 AW/SO

wow good luck...cant wait to see this beauty
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #10
haze gray
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe / 2011 X5

Congratulations, Mark. Your M sounds fantastic. You have to post pictures.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
drericmurray
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90

Congratulations, sounds amazing Your story is oddly simlar to mine I've waiting sincer march 2008 Finally just wating for the dealer's assigned production date for the frozen gray with zcp wich they say will possible after july or august for pobale nov delivery. Hey what the heck after decades waiting. I'm still undecided on the interior color Black vrs fox red . By the way any advice on the ordering proceses or muy choice would be extremly apreciated
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Congratulations Sir, this is going to be the most beautiful M in Ontario

I presume you got the Montecarlo Edition along with individual rust brown merino and piano fascia and the rest of whats mentioned?

I think you made the right decision, of researching and waiting to order the right one

We also have an individual series in the household, and even though shes getting old, she still looks stunning even after 7 years

You should definitely come to our meets in toronto!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #13
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

Congrats! You ordered the Uber M3 from Munich with all the nice amenities.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #14
Jdebitjr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 and 2015 M3 Sedans

Congratulations on your car and upcoming retirement. Sounds awesome!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #15
edcvin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M5 | 2011 M3 | 2020 X3M

Congrats on the purchase, its a reward well deserved for all the time and hard work put in.

-Vin
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #16
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86

Congrats! Hope you have many years enjoying the M3
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 12:24 AM   #17
mach330
You don't know JACK!!!
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

dayam i cannot wait to see this car.
      02-05-2010, 01:07 AM   #18
Kyosho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 // Panamera Turbo

Your car sounnds amazing!! Hope to see pics!
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 01:49 AM   #19
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Awesome! I was unaware of Monte Carlo being available to order. It was suppose to be only available on Edition models. I guess not.
      02-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #20
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Thanks but I'll have alot of catching up to do. And I'd love to meet the GTA group, I appreciate the invite!!

But no, it's not an Edition car, they're out of production already. Was just extremely fortunate to get the colour on its own. Then added most of the shadowline chromed pieces from the Edition parts bin except for the mirror caps which I didn't particularly like. Figured I'd swap out the chrome eventually so this method gives me that comfortable "OEM" feeling. The black stuff was a part of the original design way back in January '09 - well before the Edition models came out. BMW sent me some prototype grills back then to O.K. before I made my decision. The whole experience of putting this car together over the past year was filled with these types of neat.....don't know how to say it....revelations??? Whatever you call it, it was fun.

Thanks again brother, see you in a few months!! Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Congratulations Sir, this is going to be the most beautiful M in Ontario

I presume you got the Montecarlo Edition along with individual rust brown merino and piano fascia and the rest of whats mentioned?

I think you made the right decision, of researching and waiting to order the right one

We also have an individual series in the household, and even though shes getting old, she still looks stunning even after 7 years

You should definitely come to our meets in toronto!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 08:05 AM   #21
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

I think that Frozen Grey and FR are made for each other and would look fantastic. Great choice, you and everyone else getting the matte finish have balls...I just couldn't do it. As for the ordering process, I did just about everything myself directly with M Division. I'm sure I would have driven the dealership and BMW Canada crazy otherwise!!

So congratulations to you also, what an amazing feeling it'll be when you go to finally order your car. It was for me.

All the best - Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by drericmurray View Post
Congratulations, sounds amazing Your story is oddly simlar to mine I've waiting sincer march 2008 Finally just wating for the dealer's assigned production date for the frozen gray with zcp wich they say will possible after july or august for pobale nov delivery. Hey what the heck after decades waiting. I'm still undecided on the interior color Black vrs fox red . By the way any advice on the ordering proceses or muy choice would be extremly apreciated
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #22
zuschnell
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 m5, '18 991.2 gt3,

Congrats Mark!!! Great choices on color and trim! Can't wait to see pics once she is delivered!! What a great retirement gift... I couldn't be happier for you.

I'll be joining you in the M3 ranks soon as well. About to place my order for a SG e90 with FR and competition package for ED delivery in July on my birthday! It will be a dream of mine 17 years in the making!
Appreciate 0