BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

05-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #67
Spoolin335
Justin Herass
Canada
Rep
Drives: X6M / M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 Audi TTRS  [10.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [9.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
ok i have a couple of questions about dieting and supplements..

i dont take any supplements yet but i want to start to take some to help be bulk up.
im 5'11 190lbs already but i want to be around 200-210.

i take a multi vit. every morning and try to eat smaller meals more often to keep my metabolism up, so maybe 3-4 meals a day. i usually only eat rice, any green veg and any kinda meat(beef, fish, pork, etc). i hardly eat any junk or fast food, pretty much anything with sugar or carbs i try to stay away from. i have a good healthy diet already so really all i need to do is workout more and eat lots of protein.

now i have protien bars already that i eat, not sure if they are even worth it(25g protein).

what kinda supplements should i be looking at to build mass? ive read ON whey is good, when do i take it though? morning - night? before - after a workout?
also what about creatine? can i take a shake of creatine and ON whey protein in the same day?

ive read a bit on bodybuilding.com, but there is so much info it gets confusing..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 11:30 PM   #68
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin335 View Post
ok i have a couple of questions about dieting and supplements..

i dont take any supplements yet but i want to start to take some to help be bulk up.
im 5'11 190lbs already but i want to be around 200-210.

i take a multi vit. every morning and try to eat smaller meals more often to keep my metabolism up, so maybe 3-4 meals a day. i usually only eat rice, any green veg and any kinda meat(beef, fish, pork, etc). i hardly eat any junk or fast food, pretty much anything with sugar or carbs i try to stay away from. i have a good healthy diet already so really all i need to do is workout more and eat lots of protein.

now i have protien bars already that i eat, not sure if they are even worth it(25g protein).

what kinda supplements should i be looking at to build mass? ive read ON whey is good, when do i take it though? morning - night? before - after a workout?
also what about creatine? can i take a shake of creatine and ON whey protein in the same day?

ive read a bit on bodybuilding.com, but there is so much info it gets confusing..
Read my post above. I used to take ON Whey, but now I take MHP Time release protein. Let's say you take a scoop of ON whey and it has 25g of protein. Let's say at that time, your body can absorb only 19g of protein. What do you think happens to that other 6g of protein? It gets discharged from your body through your urine. If you take time released protein, your body is going to absorb it all throughout the day and thus, your muscles will build and repair faster. Also take BCAA's. Amino Acids are important for building muscles and burning carbs. I also take L-Carnatine to help breakup stored fat cells through the bloodstream.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 12:12 AM   #69
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
:facepalm:

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 12:40 AM   #70
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

no-xplode
ZMA
6-oxo
200g/day whey protein (Optimum Nutrition)

thats a good stack right there
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #71
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish335 View Post
no-xplode
ZMA
6-oxo
200g/day whey protein (Optimum Nutrition)

thats a good stack right there
Be careful with the No-Xplode. Make sure your cycle isn't too long. I know guys who have fucked up their livers because of taking that stuff too long.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #72
ben14142001
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
Read my post above. I used to take ON Whey, but now I take MHP Time release protein. Let's say you take a scoop of ON whey and it has 25g of protein. Let's say at that time, your body can absorb only 19g of protein. What do you think happens to that other 6g of protein? It gets discharged from your body through your urine. If you take time released protein, your body is going to absorb it all throughout the day and thus, your muscles will build and repair faster. Also take BCAA's. Amino Acids are important for building muscles and burning carbs. I also take L-Carnatine to help breakup stored fat cells through the bloodstream.
Sorry, but this is grossly incorrect. I'm in the medical field and you need to get your facts straight. Your body DOES NOT excrete large amounts of protein EVER. The body normally excretes a maximum of 150 milligrams of protein a day, so what you have written in not even close to true. Amino Acids, although necessary for bodily function, are generally obtained very well through regular eating because every protein is made up of amino acids. Amino acids do not burn carbs, that's another misconception, they are simply building blocks for proteins. L-Carnatine will not help breakup stored fat cells in the blood because there are very few stored fat cells in the blood, they are quickly transported once digestion/absorption occurs in globules all over the body to be stored as energy, aka fat. There are very few things that break up fat cells and this occurs mainly during digestion. Bile and lipases break down large molecules of fat into smaller globules so they can be more easily transported. When fat (in this case I mean a large collection of cells that have taken up residence somewhere in the body) is broken down, it is a completely different process that is done for energy purposes, because fat stores energy in an extremely efficient manner when compared to muscle, and is broken first in an energy starved environment. Sorry for the rant, but I had to clear that up. There are way too many misconceptions with supplements and nutrition today.

-Ben
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #73
BOOSTFTW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i e36 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Muscle Milk has MSG (monosodium glutamate) in it. MSG is an taste enhancer and more importantly an excitotoxin; it is toxic to the brain. Be VERY wary of what is in these "supplements". Do your research.
msg is toxic to the brain??? LOLOLOLOLOL. are you 12? fuck please go do your research, kid. stop providing false information.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #74
Lazlo6
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2007 AW 335i M

I want to look like this. What should i take?

j/k
Attached Images

05-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #75
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
Just to let everyone know. If you have weight to lose get Animal Cut, if you want to get jacked get Animal Stacks. AMAZING STUFF!!!! All positive reviews.
I think I'm gonna give Animal Cuts a try. I really have to get rid of my stubborn abdominal fat.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #76
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

^^^ Please tell me that picture of that guy isn't real?!? He looks like a fucking tool. Probably has to have someone wipe his own ass because he can't. I can understand wanting to be big but that's just stupid. /end rant
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #77
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
there's noway that's real

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #78
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTFTW View Post
msg is toxic to the brain??? LOLOLOLOLOL. are you 12? fuck please go do your research, kid. stop providing false information.
Yeah, I'm a 12 year old health professional. I assess people's internal bodily function through clinical lab testing on a daily basis. MSG has a very sharp effect on the brain, the detoxifying organs, adrenal glands, immunity, digestion, and hormonal balance. If you're eating processed foods, you're eating MSG.

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #79
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
pwnd

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #80
BOOSTFTW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i e36 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
Yeah, I'm a 12 year old health professional. I assess people's internal bodily function through clinical lab testing on a daily basis. MSG has a very sharp effect on the brain, the detoxifying organs, adrenal glands, immunity, digestion, and hormonal balance. If you're eating processed foods, you're eating MSG.

Stop e-ballin. Asians have been consuming MSG for thousands of years, and they continue to be more healthier and smarter than most of the dumbfucks out there. I have a whole family of doctors and it is known that the effects of MSG is way too exaggerated. Not hating on you, just that I hate people providing completely false information on the net. Oh yeah, next time you want to backup your claim, don't send me a link to a youtube video with an uneducated black male talking about muscle milk, that's not a valid resource. kthxbye.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #81
Spoolin335
Justin Herass
Canada
Rep
Drives: X6M / M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 Audi TTRS  [10.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [9.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [9.00]
haha fuck this thread is full of win!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #82
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Asians have been consuming MSG for thousands of years, and they continue to be more healthier and smarter than most of the dumbfucks out there. I have a whole family of doctors and it is known that the effects of MSG is way too exaggerated.
This is comedy. Live in complete ignorance of the FACT that MSG is a neurotoxin. MSG usage is on the rise around the world including in Asian populations. It is used more and more in all Asian foods to the detriment of their health making dishes that were once healthy into Asian junk food. People literally become addicted and have cravings for MSG. The negative effects of MSG consumption are numerous.

I could care less what the medical community says. Doctors are just as sick as their patients.

Quote:
Stop e-ballin.
E-ballin?

Quote:
more healthier
Uneducated?

Quote:
Oh yeah, next time you want to backup your claim, don't send me a link to a youtube video with an uneducated black male talking about muscle milk, that's not a valid resource. kthxbye.
Sean Croxton is actually a colleague of mine and a respected member of the holistic health community not an "uneducated black male." Mentioning his race is a credit to your ignorance.

Here's some good resources for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Excitotoxins-T...3311331&sr=8-6

http://www.amazon.com/Battling-MSG-M...DateDescending

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Taste-Mono...3311331&sr=8-3
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #83
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
I think I'm gonna give Animal Cuts a try. I really have to get rid of my stubborn abdominal fat.
You can also try a really low fat diet, under 40g fat per day, and get into your fatburn zone for an hour at least 3 times per week.

I'm at 8% body fat, and I understand you have to get into the 6% or lower zone to have really visible abs. My abs are visible if I lean back, or purposefully flex them. I'd like to have them fully visible all the time but I'm not sure if I can sustain that low of a body fat and be happy.

That said, I'm quite content with hard abs that aren't always visible. I'm with you on "stubborn" abdominal fat though. I can lose fat every where relatively easily, but that ab fat just likes to stay where it is.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #84
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
You can also try a really low fat diet, under 40g fat per day, and get into your fatburn zone for an hour at least 3 times per week.

I'm at 8% body fat, and I understand you have to get into the 6% or lower zone to have really visible abs. My abs are visible if I lean back, or purposefully flex them. I'd like to have them fully visible all the time but I'm not sure if I can sustain that low of a body fat and be happy.

That said, I'm quite content with hard abs that aren't always visible. I'm with you on "stubborn" abdominal fat though. I can lose fat every where relatively easily, but that ab fat just likes to stay where it is.
There are people with 10% body fat and cut abs. Genetics play a role here. It's not the same for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #85
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I tried to cut down on my body fat but I love food too much.

Do you guys take any supps just for cutting?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #86
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Flaxseed oil, fish oil, and tonalin CLA in capsules, about three times a day. Whey protein: 1 scoop at breakfast and 2 scoops during or after a workout.

Still trying to lose 15 lbs of body fat though.
      05-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #87
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Babs View Post
Has anyone taken Animal M-Stack before? It's their version of a test booster. If so results? Worth the $?? Side effects? THX!!!
Actually, that was the old formula of M-stack... its no longer a test booster. I think they now say that its a "nutrient partitioner" or some crap like that.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #88
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
why take amino acids if your taking glutamine?
why take either if youre getting sufficient protein? there is no data to support the use of either. if youre getting sufficient protein, you dont need supplementary glutamine or aminos.

creatine monohydrate (not the ester ethyl, malate, etc. versions that have come out ) is the only supplement thats really worth anything. 20 years of positive data behind it.
Appreciate 0