BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

05-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #23
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TAR5CR3AM View Post
Not worth the money...
Actually I was one of the "not worth the money" guys so I understand.

This is just some of the reasons it is worth it:

In April 2007, the company was awarded the Best Exhaust Pipe Manufacturer Award from German Motorrad magazine, winning 42% of the votes. The company has since won the Best Brand award in every subsequent year with 2011 by its highest ever margin of votes.

1. Fitment: This is a big one people...if your not buying OEM then it better be this because fitment in aftermarket I have found is horrible. You may find one that fits good out of the box but why screw around go right to the one that is the best and fits the best. ....believe me the extra 1.5k is worth this alone. Perfect fitment and tip alignment....
2. Weight: Lightest axel back exhaust available for the M3. Stock exhaust is approximately 55lb this thing is approximately 25 pounds. Everyone wants the carbon fiber roof because it drops weight ..well I just dropped 30 lbs in my exhaust.
3. Looks....are you kidding me. 3.5inch tips that look aggressive, they look performance based and they look expensive on the most amazing car in the world an M3....
4. Bragging rights....its the best and you know it. You hate it only because its the best and you don't own it.
5. Titanium...everything...enough said.
6. No drone...that's right you can hear the people in the back, you can hear the radio, it does not give you a headache.
7. Expensive European sound...not a M3 made to sound like a Camaro...
8. You bought an M3 because its the best right? Why not reward it with the best exhaust for the money...?
9. Packaging was amazing, came with everything necessary, even a color instruction manual for installing with torque specs.
10. I emailed Akrapovic a question...they actually responded...! Warranty...etc etc...Real aftermarket support.
11. Lets face it...You will spend more money searching for an aftermarket exhaust and trying to find one that fits and sounds the way you want it...in the end you will spend more than this costs. Its like a 335i owner...he tries to get his 335i as fast as a M3 and spends more on mods than if he had just bought the M3..
12. 3 1/2 inch completely adjustable tips so it will be level and stick out exactly the same based on what you want...good luck with other systems!!
AA offers an amazing product as well with perfect Fitment and is half the cost
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #24
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb
Why is the Megan ruined from a leak? Why not have it welded up?

For $7k, I would be looking at a used supercharger, not a titanium exhaust.
Exactly. THIS.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #25
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
You cant even buy a Dinan, ESS, Gintani, AA, Remus etcetc for that much...most are 2k + brand new and these are not full titanium and all of them weight much more than this...
I know, I was just pulling your legs, trying to get you to share your deal price.
It's listed for $3850 for the slip-on + the CF tips.

On a different note, i read that it's better to buy the challenge X pipe if you ever want to upgrade to the full system. That combo supposedly has less drone than the full Evo.
Appreciate 0