BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

09-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #23
Agent-GHQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW ///M3 E92 MT Comp Pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
The M3 sounds better, the engine is intoxicating in how it revs, the throttle response is spectacular and the car has an absolutely perfect ride/handling balance for the street. Porsche is a better pure performance car however.
^ this man is on point!

I love these threads, ESP from a Porsche owner as it just reminds me that I made the right purchase ☺️
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #24
Disturbed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

If you have the money...look into a 2013+ Viper. You will never go back to a 911 again. I've seen them in the low $70k range. An NA v10
@ 8.4L with 640hp, 600-lbft @ 3350lbs with a amazing 6sp manual is hard to beat. Just a few bolt-ons (header, exhaust and tune nets about 630-650rwhp) TT cars make 1300rwhp+ on stock motors. The interior on the new cars is world class and the paint is 2nd to nobody...even Ferrari.

I had Vipers for 13 years and picked up a M3 as a daily just for a change for a little while. I'm already missing my Viper and have no doubt I'll pick up a 2016 as it's getting a Supercharger and will be north of 800hp.

Last edited by Disturbed; 09-17-2014 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #25
Sinful
Banned
Rep
Drives: Its black and has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
If you have the money...look into a 2013+ Viper. You will never go back to a 911 again. I've seen them in the low $70k range. An NA v10
@ 8.4L with 640hp, 600-lbft @ 3350lbs with a amazing 6sp manual is hard to beat. Just a few bolt-ons (header, exhaust and tune nets about 630-650rwhp) TT cars make 1300rwhp+ on stock motors. The interior on the new cars is world class and the paint is 2nd to nobody...even Ferrari.

I had Vipers for 13 years and picked up a M3 as a daily just for a change for a little while. I'm already missing my Viper and have no doubt I'll pick up a 2016 as it's getting a Supercharger and will be north of 800hp.
Low 70's?? Lowest I have seen is 87k!!!
Nonetheless, I agree. I agree the Porche is a performance beast, but I have never been keen on the Porches delicate looks and wide bug eyes. I think its a performance spawn off the VW beetle and I can see similarities. The Viper on the other hand is RAW and looks so much meaner IMOP, I too would buy a Viper any day over a Porche. Thats my .02 cents sorry porche guys just ignore me. Just my opinion...carry on.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 04:18 AM   #26
Beer Brewer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

I got out of a 997.1 C2S and into my E92 M3. There are a number of things I really miss about the 997: steering feel (far more tactile and "alive" than the M3's), light weight (the M3 feels almost ponderous in comparison), and the iconic look of the car (The 997 was literally beautiful and drew admirers wherever it went, especially women! The M3 is simply handsome and far, far more of a man-magnet, which I dont always appreciate). I don't miss the bone-jarring ride over anything other than glass-smooth pavement, and all the trade-offs associated with driving a small, pure sports car as a DD. for daily use, the M3 is a better fit in just about every way except for mpg. I will keep the M3 for now, but who knows? I might return to the 911 for my next car if I can find a way to live with the compromises.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #27
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSubstitute View Post
Hi. I'm a Porsche 911 owner for the past 5 years. I have a 997.2 Carrera. It's been my daily driver but I still stoked everytime I see an M3. The newer 991 does not interest me at all, so as the new generation M3/M4. I plan on acquiring a used e92 2011 or newer. Any other 911 owners here? The thought of having a normally aspirated V8 non-DFI engine gets me excited. I am keeping my 911 since it's been dependable but after those years I have this itch now to try another car. I am also looking at the Audi RS5 but all audi look very generic to me. I think I'll just do it.
I think many posters are missing the point, OP is looking for something to complement his 911, not replace it.

A few did say it's a great complement and I have at least 6 buddies who own or have owned both M3 and P cars and some even at the same time. Reason being, they said M3 is a great daily and for hauling their families around and P Car is great for when they want something a little more nibble.

Having a family myself, my E90 M3 serves all my needs of a family hauler and great track car. I now have 2 car seats in the back at all times and only take them out when I head to the track. I don't know how many other cars you can say that about. When I'm at the track, I see more M3's than any another make/model that has 4 doors. (Not too many fast fun alternatives out there)

If I could, I would own both my M3 and a P car, which looks like that's what your thinking about. I'd say go for it!

And you do have someone selling a used E90 M3 in your backyard.

Good luck OP and keep us posted.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #28
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bga23 View Post
Pose the same question over on Rennlist and see what sort of response you'll get.
Quote:
Thanks for everybody's reply. Yes I am keeping the 911. I have 3 kids to raise so obviously I need to stay under $100 grand budget. I could have grabbed the new M4 but an inline turbocharged 6?? No way! I am getting one with DCT for sure as it's gonna be my wife who's primarily driving it. I am checking out several specimens and finalizing. Five years ago the M3 was my second choice before the 911 and told myself I will get a new M3 after that but disappointed with the new engine that BMW has put into the new M cars so I believe the e92 will be a classic so very eager to have one.
I won't post on Rennlist as I know what their answer is gonna be.
I would post something like, I want a car to compliment my C2, what do you guys think about a E90 M3, I'm sure you'll get some good feedback. Or maybe I'm giving those guys too much credit?

Look for E90 and not E92. Your wife and kids will appreciate it much much more as well.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #29
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Hi. I'm a Porsche 911 owner for the past 5 years. I have a 997.2 Carrera. It's been my daily driver but I still stoked everytime I see an M3. The newer 991 does not interest me at all, so as the new generation M3/M4. I plan on acquiring a used e92 2011 or newer. Any other 911 owners here? The thought of having a normally aspirated V8 non-DFI engine gets me excited. I am keeping my 911 since it's been dependable but after those years I have this itch now to try another car. I am also looking at the Audi RS5 but all audi look very generic to me. I think I'll just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
Doesn't the title "Is an M3 a good substitute?" imply he's looking to replace?
OP stated that he wants to keep his 911
Appreciate 0