BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
Hanamichi
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

Quick Q on production lead times...

Quick question guys... I placed an order back in August. It was supposed to arrive week 44. On week 39 I found out I needed to cancel my order. I informed my Dealer and he said it was too late to cancel as the car was special ordered and I would lose my deposit. Was 5 weeks really too short a lead time for them to change their order to suit someone else? Do I really have no way of getting my deposit back?

Thanks a lot, guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
Atny286
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: M3/E90/SSII/19s

Garage List
2008 M3 E90  [0.00]
The car is definitely not yet built. However, not sure if they 'bought' production spots in the line, so that other dealers (other countries) could not use that spot. I think the dealer should be able to find someone else that want that spot... I think BMW USA shares all available spots...

PS: no clue when week 39 or 44 is, is this present or past talking...?

2008 M3 E90/SSII/Black/6MT/19s/chip=456PS
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
Hanamichi
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

Thanks for the reply. It's in the future. Got the weeks wrong. Supposed to arrive in a few weeks but gave them 5 weeks notice. They definitely didn't buy spots. They had an existing allocation. I took one spot. They said "special order" but it was alpine white with dct and black leather. No other options but definitely not a difficlut to sell spec.

Purchase agreement specified "subject to pricing, rates and residuals" which did change for 2009. Not sure if I can use that technicality to get my deposit back as standard terms and conditions give dealer option to waive increase if I refuse to pay.

Thanks for all your help.
Appreciate 0