BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

03-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #727
MicrophoneMic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Mavericks vs Lob City is a bar room brawl. Tied 81-81 at the start of the 4th and 5 people have gotten technicals.
Yeah man, watching the game right now. Dallas up 93 - 86 on the Clips. Dallas needs this win bad to keep them alive in the playoffs.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #728
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

What's that? The sound of 20,000 mavericks fans suddenly crying out and then suddenly silenced.

Good game. Vince carter is still a beast.

Mavs still have time to get back into the playoffs but Lob City has had their number this season.

Last edited by MediaArtist; 03-27-2014 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #729
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Beverley out due to torn meniscus - karma?! I feel for him because I'm recovering from a knee surgery, too.
      03-29-2014, 12:32 AM   #730
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
Beverley out due to torn meniscus - karma?! I feel for him because I'm recovering from a knee surgery, too.
Meh, I feel Beverly initiates and has the tendency to cause career ending fouls. I guess I would rather have him on my team than to play against him. Go Lin GO!!!
      03-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #731
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Meh, I feel Beverly initiates and has the tendency to cause career ending fouls. I guess I would rather have him on my team than to play against him. Go Lin GO!!!
He does, but it's not because he's trying to injure people, it's part of his role on the team.

Beverly is a hustle defense guy. A lot of teams have one (Clippers have Barnes, Celtics have Bradley, Miami has Battier, etc). He's not expected to produce much, he's just out there to harass people on the perimeter and mess up their game. A big part of his responsibility is simply being an annoyance on defense, and that involves some hard nosed play, which unfortunately leads to a lot of crashes and contact.

Houston will fortunately now get more offense and play making ability with Lin on the offensive side, but they will lose that hard nosed perimeter defender on the other side.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #732
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Houston will fortunately now get more offense and play making ability with Lin on the offensive side, but they will lose that hard nosed perimeter defender on the other side.
Lin's offensive advantage over Bev is unquestioned. However, Lin's defensive skills are always underrated. He's done very well (not perfectly, but very well) against most of the premier PGs in the league. I've actually seen statistical breakdowns which show that Lin is actually better (and certainly no worse) than Bev defensively.

So, this will be Lin's chance to shine both offensively and defensively BUT, now that they've lost Bev and traded Brooks, every team will be keying on Lin and putting pressure on him constantly just like they did in last season's playoffs, when Lin got injured and played very poorly as a result. If that happens (again), the Rockets will just be sh*t out of luck because they have no one else who can replace Lin.

The test will be how well Lin does (or doesn't do) in the remaining 11 games of the season. The Rockets have no choice now but to rely on Lin to back up Harden and if McHale doesn't figure out a way to maximize Lin's skills (both offensively and defensively), Lin will probably get hurt and/or shut out again as he was in the playoffs last year.
      03-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #733
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Meh, I feel Beverly initiates and has the tendency to cause career ending fouls.
HAHA !!!! congrats for the stupidest post in this thread....

and about what you said about him, that's been the local Rocket's Fan motto...

"...PatBev - you hate to play against him, but you love him on your team..."
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #734
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW View Post
Lin's offensive advantage over Bev is unquestioned. However, Lin's defensive skills are always underrated. He's done very well (not perfectly, but very well) against most of the premier PGs in the league. I've actually seen statistical breakdowns which show that Lin is actually better (and certainly no worse) than Bev defensively.

So, this will be Lin's chance to shine both offensively and defensively BUT, now that they've lost Bev and traded Brooks, every team will be keying on Lin and putting pressure on him constantly just like they did in last season's playoffs, when Lin got injured and played very poorly as a result. If that happens (again), the Rockets will just be sh*t out of luck because they have no one else who can replace Lin.

The test will be how well Lin does (or doesn't do) in the remaining 11 games of the season. The Rockets have no choice now but to rely on Lin to back up Harden and if McHale doesn't figure out a way to maximize Lin's skills (both offensively and defensively), Lin will probably get hurt and/or shut out again as he was in the playoffs last year.
oh God - we're gonna have to rely on Lin !?!?

we're done.......

he fucking sucks....

ok ok, I take that back...he doesn't suck, he's just a bottom tier PG that will be making 60-70% more money than he should be next year...

hopefully, Lin will NOT be wearing a Rockets uniform next year..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #735
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
hopefully, Lin will NOT be wearing a Rockets uniform next year..
+1

I agree. Lin will be better off elsewhere next year.
      03-29-2014, 09:20 PM   #736
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

I'm actually a huge Rocket fan since the Yao Ming era. But Patrick Beverly got what he deserved. I don't know what his problem is but he tried to pull the same BS with Westbrook during their last meeting.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 10:02 PM   #737
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Lob City completes the 4-0 season series sweep against the Rockets. Blake out though with back spasm...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #738
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I'm actually a huge Rocket fan since the Yao Ming era. But Patrick Beverly got what he deserved. I don't know what his problem is but he tried to pull the same BS with Westbrook during their last meeting.
yeah - we fucking love that.

mask and all...

he's got a bunch of different nicknames too.

Patbull
Patman
Pat Bever-D
Bel Bev Devoe

even Grantland has a dedication thread for him

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...iation-thread/
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #739
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lob City completes the 4-0 season series sweep against the Rockets. Blake out though with back spasm...
Jeremy fucking Lin.....

32 minutes and you know what he contributed !?!?

1 of 12 collectively from the field and 3 point line, 3 turnovers and 2 assists.....

2. fucking. assists.

I hate him so hard......
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #740
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

lol. He hasn't looked the same since the all-star break.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #741
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i've never watched chris paul play until just now. dude is nasty. yes i'm late.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 01:13 AM   #742
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

i honestly dont care how the east will be won between miami and indiana, none of those games will be high scoring
the west is gonna be EXTREMELY entertaining in the playoffs!

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 03:27 AM   #743
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
HAHA !!!! congrats for the stupidest post in this thread....
unlikely, I'm sure I've posted dumber things in this thread myself.
      03-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #744
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hate him so hard......
There's a fine line between love and hate.

Lin had a bad game offensively against thee Clips, but he did a good job defensively on Collison (who was his main assignment), got 8 of 10 points from free throws and he should have had more assists because many of his passes were muffed and/or the shots missed, because the team never seemed to be in synch w/him and vice versa, which I think had a lot of do w/the Clippers' defense. The team also had 19 TOs -- a lot even for the Rockets -- and Harden had 6 TOs and Canaan 4TOs, so Lin had the fewest TOs of the 3 guards.

Don't think Bev would have changed the result but the loss of Howard defensively in the middle obviously had a big effect last night because DMo, Jones and Asik had a hard time dealing w/Jordan. Parsons also was no match for Paul, who pretty much 3-shot and lobbed passed the ball to Jordan for dunks at will. It probably would have been worse if Griffin stayed in the game, instead of going out early w/back spasms.

FWIW, I think that the Rockets' recent performance against both OKC and the Clips indicates they really have a very small chance of advancing beyond the 1st round in the playoffs, unless some miracle happens, even if everyone on the team is healthy and playing their best.

We'll see . . .

Last edited by SSW; 03-30-2014 at 04:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #745
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Pacers and Heat are tied in the loss column

Both of those team are struggling ever since the All Star break.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #746
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Pacers and Heat are tied in the loss column

Both of those team are struggling ever since the All Star break.
thats why i think the west will be more entertaining to watch down the stretch!

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #747
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Harden had 6 TOs and Canaan 4TOs, so Lin had the fewest TOs of the 3 guards.
Harden also dumps in 25-30pts a night whereas Lin makes 2 or 3 shots when "he's on fire"......

Harden averages 3.7 TO a game - Lin averages 2.5 TO per game...

Harden averages more than double the points that Lin gets, so his TO's don't hurt as much as Lin, who plays 20-25 minutes and only makes 3 or 4 shots a night....

and Canaan had 14 points and shot 3 of 5 from the field in 20 minutes...

Quote:
Don't think Bev would have changed the result but the loss of Howard defensively in the middle obviously had a big effect last night because DMo, Jones and Asik had a hard time dealing w/Jordan.
neither them or Dwight have had any real luck with Jordan anyways...

Quote:
Parsons also was no match for Paul, who pretty much 3-shot and lobbed passed the ball to Jordan for dunks at will.
Parsons was on CP3 because he would have put Lin in a torture rack.....

Quote:
FWIW, I think that the Rockets' recent performance against both OKC and the Clips indicates they really have a very small chance of advancing beyond the 1st round in the playoffs
I've said that already...

and I'm gonna say it another hundred times - ROCKETS WON'T COMPETE FOR THE WEST TITLE WITHOUT A LEGIT PG !!!!!

please refer to my bitch fit about Lin/Canaan/Harden or whoever the Rockets think they can let play "Pretend PG".....

can't wait for fucking Rondo to play in Red Nation...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 11:37 PM   #748
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've said that already... and I'm gonna say it another hundred times - ROCKETS WON'T COMPETE FOR THE WEST TITLE WITHOUT A LEGIT PG !!!!!
Well, if you're right (which you are convinced you are), I guess you might as well give up on the Rockets for the remainder of the season and stop watching any more games, since McHale has no choice but to start Lin, which seems to upset you so much.

Last edited by SSW; 03-30-2014 at 11:55 PM..
Appreciate 0