BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #23
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioGrandeValley View Post
After seeing the 2RS I told him I liked the 997GT2 much better. His reply was, "me too and was much faster". Of course he had it highly modded. The 2RS is nice on paper but the CF everywhere makes it look rather cheap and plasticy (if even a word)
I agree with both of you.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #24
imposss
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4 Comprtetion

I think it's time for porsche to change design. It's getting uglier and uglier. Same thing for so many years, boring
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #25
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by imposss View Post
I think it's time for porsche to change design. It's getting uglier and uglier. Same thing for so many years, boring
I just bought my second P-car last month. Now I have one that's 15 years old and one that's one month old. They have a similar iconic shape that's instantly recognizable yet both are very different. Plus their driving experience is so unique between the two yet with certain appreciated similarities. Both are 911 variants but both are like owning totally different cars. Different personalities from the same family roots. Changing the design would spoil that very unique familial connection.

If you don't like the design, then it's not for you. If you don't understand what I just said above, then it's definitely not for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #26
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Garage List
Never change a running System!
# BMW 130i /// + SPARCO Assetto Gara 8x18 bronze + KW + PP SteeringWheel II +PP Exhaust +PP Kidneys + PP AirFilter + PP Style Flaps + PP SS Kit + AC-Schnitzer Gear Knob + MorVision Diffusor + LCI Blacklines high + GroundZero-Audio #
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #27
1992_325i
Private
Rep
Drives: 1992 325i

so you get porsche vip invites, have friends with all kinds of exotics, post personal pics of to-die-for cars and you claim you only drive a bmw? i dont buy it. dude, id love to see your stable. i cant even get close to those cars let alone get vip invites. i saw the gt2rs from your post before i could find it on the web

if you're humble and dont want to advertise, i understand, but i still would love to see more pics.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #28
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep
Drives: E92/E90 Depends on Mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
I just bought my second P-car last month. Now I have one that's 15 years old and one that's one month old. They have a similar iconic shape that's instantly recognizable yet both are very different. Plus their driving experience is so unique between the two yet with certain appreciated similarities. Both are 911 variants but both are like owning totally different cars. Different personalities from the same family roots. Changing the design would spoil that very unique familial connection.

If you don't like the design, then it's not for you. If you don't understand what I just said above, then it's definitely not for you.
Excellently Stated My Dear Friend. Ferry would be very proud of you.
FYI in the last few years Porsche has introduced several other cars Never done in their history such as Cayenne and Panamera. Ferry is probably kicking and screaming in his grave knowing that his beloved brand now has an suv and 4 door sedan. As for the 911 it has and always will be a 911.
Nuf said.

Tomato ... Average Intelligence
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #29
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992_325i View Post
so you get porsche vip invites, have friends with all kinds of exotics, post personal pics of to-die-for cars and you claim you only drive a bmw? i dont buy it. dude, id love to see your stable. i cant even get close to those cars let alone get vip invites. i saw the gt2rs from your post before i could find it on the web

if you're humble and dont want to advertise, i understand, but i still would love to see more pics.
Hmm where do I start? First of all I am NObody. However I've been very very blessed to meet, know and make friends who are somebody. God knows me better than I know myself so he's only allowed me BMWs for now. Maybe once I'm more mature He will finally put a Pcar in my path. If so yeah, if not so be it. Life is more than just cars if U wish to know I have an excellent story to tell you of a very good friend I have, how we met and why we met. You ought to see his collection and very humble guy at that.

Invite for Pcar event was by another good friend of mine with an excellent Pcar collection as well. He knows people in Stuttgart, I've only seen pics of that place and probably as close as I will ever get to it. Don't really care for any exotics other than Porsche (and Lambo) could care less for Ferrari.

I'm working on taking pics of my personal rides but today's weather messed up my wife's ride so it will have to wait. Once pics are done I'll shoot you the link...you'll see i'm just as normal as everyone else in here. Sorry bro no superman here just a plain ole Tomato of Average Intelligence
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #30
1992_325i
Private
Rep

share your story and pics
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #31
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by imposss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post

+1
If you're familiar with the 911 shape then none of them look all too similar. They've done a great job making each generation look cleaner and more well-proportioned.

So tired of people asking for Porsche to change the 911 drastically. It's not gonna happen. If you don't like it then go look at something else.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #32
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
You mean like this one here....
I was talking about on the track with the others. Really want one of those, even with the tarp roof (it's actually another reason I want it).
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #33
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I was talking about on the track with the others. Really want one of those, even with the tarp roof (it's actually another reason I want it).
I'm sure I shot it while at track too will have to do a search and find it somewhere. Personally pics don't do the Spyder any justice you'll have to see it up close to really appreciate it. I definitely like it but with the non race seats of course as it gets really old climbing in and out of especially in a garage same as GT2. I'd go either white or red stay away from black as the Spyder has way too many sexxy curves to hide them in black.

Tomato
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #34
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
I'm sure I shot it while at track too will have to do a search and find it somewhere. Personally pics don't do the Spyder any justice you'll have to see it up close to really appreciate it. I definitely like it but with the non race seats of course as it gets really old climbing in and out of especially in a garage same as GT2. I'd go either white or red stay away from black as the Spyder has way too many sexxy curves to hide them in black.

Tomato
I saw a white one in person for the first time the other day and it took me by surprise - absolutely stunning. I bet it's even better to drive on a twisty road than it is to look at.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #35
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992_325i View Post
share your story and pics
Pm me your email addy I'll be more than happy to share. Don't have pics of all cars but will fix that come next month

Tomato
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #36
1992_325i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Pm me your email addy I'll be more than happy to share. Don't have pics of all cars but will fix that come next month

Tomato
if its too private to share online, dont sweat it
Appreciate 0