BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #23
darrenbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i Monaco Blue Convertible

THANK YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletproof View Post
You are a genius!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST.

Man, the Al Gore's of the world and the total LIES about Global Warming in order to facilitate an agenda makes me very sad, and even worse, people are so WILLING TO FOLLOW like sheep and not even look into the Facts.

Your post is AWESOME .. Wake up people .. if you want to be herded like sheep .. you will, but use some common sense and OPEN YOUR MINDS to other so called "experts" and you'll find most of what is being said is a JOKE, and it's creating and making people wealthy.

If you ask a scientiest who gets his money from GRANTS from the Gov't etc in order to keep doing what he's doing and getting paid: WHAT IS HE GONNA SAY? No, unemploy me, there is no danger? HELLO .. I yi yi ..

But, at least I read some responses to this thread from people who ARE informed and DO go out of their way to get information .. I LOVE THAT. I am surprised George Bush wasn't blamed MORE. Which is it guys is GB an IDIOT .. or a GOD. He can't possible be responsible for ALL the things the liberal left blame him for AND be an IDIOT. He's got to be INCREDIBLY intelligent in order to be responsbile for everything from a rain storm, hurricane, typhoon, sunami .. etc .. So hypocritical .. it's amazing ..

But, anyway .. I'll leave this alone now ..

Loaded Options ..

Darren
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #24
bulletproof
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlester View Post
How do they know it's 650,000 years? They don't. It's a guess. They don't even know for sure that carbon dating is correct. And they never will. It's the same logic they used when they released CD's and said, "They have a 75 year shelf life". How the hell do they know that? Because they used a way of accelarating the aging process? Well... how do they know the accelaration process is right? They don't. And CD's aren't lasting anywhere near 75 years.

It's an educated guess. Which I don't have issue with. But the good scientists will state that it's a guess. They call it a "theory". I have complete respect for that. What I don't have respect for is the scientists that find some bone and say, 'This is 2 million years old" as if it's fact. A much better statement would be, "Assuming our base assumptions are correct, we theorize that this is 2 million years old".

-Tom
Call me crazy but I'll take scientifc theory anyday over uneducated guesses and personal opinions.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 04:34 PM   #25
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I'm a realist, and more concerned about global instability from proliferation of nuclear technology and organized terrorism. We can do all we can to save the whales, world ecology and the ozone layer, but these seem trivial compared to other threats.
      08-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #26
bulletproof
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenbmw View Post
THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST.

Man, the Al Gore's of the world and the total LIES about Global Warming in order to facilitate an agenda makes me very sad, and even worse, people are so WILLING TO FOLLOW like sheep and not even look into the Facts.

Your post is AWESOME .. Wake up people .. if you want to be herded like sheep .. you will, but use some common sense and OPEN YOUR MINDS to other so called "experts" and you'll find most of what is being said is a JOKE, and it's creating and making people wealthy.

If you ask a scientiest who gets his money from GRANTS from the Gov't etc in order to keep doing what he's doing and getting paid: WHAT IS HE GONNA SAY? No, unemploy me, there is no danger? HELLO .. I yi yi ..

But, at least I read some responses to this thread from people who ARE informed and DO go out of their way to get information .. I LOVE THAT. I am surprised George Bush wasn't blamed MORE. Which is it guys is GB an IDIOT .. or a GOD. He can't possible be responsible for ALL the things the liberal left blame him for AND be an IDIOT. He's got to be INCREDIBLY intelligent in order to be responsbile for everything from a rain storm, hurricane, typhoon, sunami .. etc .. So hypocritical .. it's amazing ..

But, anyway .. I'll leave this alone now ..
Everyone's a sheep one way or the other... just depends on what herd you're in. Hopefully your shephard isn't leading you over a cliff...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #27
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Where's my electric car.........
      08-22-2007, 04:48 PM   #28
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Everyone's a sheep one way or the other... just depends on what herd you're in. Hopefully your shephard isn't leading you over a cliff...
I like pizza. Science has conclusively proven pizza is good. I know the ovens are killing the planet through global warming but, I like pizza enough that I don't care.

I'll be in the pizza eating "I don't give a $*&% about supposed global warming" herd if you guys are looking for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #29
tlester
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Sport, Crimson Red

Garage List
2007 328i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Call me crazy but I'll take scientifc theory anyday over uneducated guesses and personal opinions.
EXACTLY! I completely agree with you!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #30
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
I'm a realist, and more concerned about global instability from proliferation of nuclear technology and organized terrorism. We can do all we can to save the whales, world ecology and the ozone layer, but these seem trivial compared to other threats.
I agree 100%

We'll kill eachother before the planet gives out.
      08-22-2007, 06:47 PM   #31
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Hahahahaha! I love this. We have no idea that the earth is even 650,000 years old, how on earth could we have measured and kept records of the C02 levels for that long?

Hysterical!

We also have no way of knowing if the melting of the ice caps is part of a long term cycle. The earth and solar system has so many cycles of various magnatudes.

- Earth's rotation around the sun
- Moon's rotation around the earth
- Earth's rotation on it's own axis
- Tides
- Etc...

We've only tracked the polar caps for a short time (relatively speaking). So... who's to say the melting of the polar ice caps isn't a cyclical thing? Maybe ever 2,000 years, they melt some and then refreez. Who knows? The scientists surely don't. They don't have enough data, so it's totaly speculation.

Modern science is all about declaring a theory as fact w/ little to know data to back it up.

Am I saying we aren't going to have a problem or that we aren't having a problem with Global warming? No! But what I am saying is... we really have no idea!

-Tom
There is really nothing funny how STUPID your post is.
If you have no clue about the science, don't post something telling everyone how empty the space above your eyes is...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #32
tlester
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Sport, Crimson Red

Garage List
2007 328i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
There is really nothing funny how STUPID your post is.
If you have no clue about the science, don't post something telling everyone how empty the space above your eyes is...
Isn't science about having theories, then attempting to prove or disprove them? Of course... so if you are such a science genius, then prove my post wrong. Or prove your idea right. Either result, and I'll completely concede.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #33
67bmer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325is, e92 328i

this is a bogus thread, please delete it!

NY just had its coldest August day.

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_233143509.html

hurricane guesses are just that, guesses. They have lowered them 2x already because its been a low season. Probably will turn out to be a mild year.

Weather has been the best since I have been in MD for 7 years here.

GO global warming. Look how many of the problem areas on earth will be solved by a raise in sea level....

How come no one ever talks about the bennefits??? What if Antartica become tropical again?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #34
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #35
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
imo its really hard to tell whether global warming is really bad. i'm sure its occuring... cause its sure is getting hotter but its hard to determine whether or not CO2 in the atmosphere is good or bad.

i mean i wrote a 20 page research paper on this during highschool... can't find the file but theres several examples of why global warming is good in research... ie CO2 sprayed into forests produces trees that have greater primary and secondary growth which is good...

but then theres evidence that its bad... ice cap melting... increasing the temperature of the ocean = killing off certain key species such as algae (bottom of the food chain => if you remember than 90% of energy is lost between levels of organisms) which means as the most basic organisms are reduced... the other organisms higher in the food chain follo

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #36
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
we are gonna go outside in December in 7 years, and we're all gonna get bbq'ed
      08-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #37
sesegal99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 328I Coupe Sport

Actually, the earth will only live until the sun burns out....5 billion years. By then I hope we are colonized in other galaxys. A big asteriod will pretty much do us in but other species will survive.
2009 328i Coupe Space Grey w/ Dakota LeatherSTEP, Sport Pkg. w Paddle Shifters, Prem. Pkg., Comfort Access, Grey Popler Trim, Heated Seats, Shadowline Trim, Xenon Adaptive Lights, GP Thunder Fogs, GP Thunder Angels, RE15mm Spacers, 35% Tint,OEM Alarm, Clear Corners, K&N, Strut Brace
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #38
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesegal99 View Post
Actually, the earth will only live until the sun burns out....5 billion years. By then I hope we are colonized in other galaxys. A big asteriod will pretty much do us in but other species will survive.

No one knows how old the Sun is, or how old the earth is, or how much longer the sun will continue to burn. We can only speculate, people are still looking for the answer. unless we can jump through a worm hole some how, migrating to other galaxies is impossible, the nearest galaxy from us is over 2 million light years away. that means if you have a bright enough flash light, turn it on from earth, 2 million years later, someone over in Andromeda will finally see it.

we don't need to migrate to other galaxies, we just need to find a younger star in our milky way with a hospitable planet orbiting around it and colonize there. but such migration deem impossible, so as they say in ebonics, "we be fucked"

just go on your every day life, do your daily routine, don't worry too much and accept the inevitability. all things come to an end. we are nothing more than a tiny particle in the vast realm of the cosmos.

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #39
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Isn't science about having theories, then attempting to prove or disprove them? Of course... so if you are such a science genius, then prove my post wrong. Or prove your idea right. Either result, and I'll completely concede.
I never said I was the scientist...
On the other hand, if you took a basic sourse (HS level) in science or physics, you would/should know that there is actually an easy way to prove and read back the conditions on Earth that happened hundreds of thousands of years...
I don't even want to mention your comment about the age of the planet...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 10:23 PM   #40
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67bmer View Post
this is a bogus thread, please delete it!

NY just had its coldest August day.

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_233143509.html

hurricane guesses are just that, guesses. They have lowered them 2x already because its been a low season. Probably will turn out to be a mild year.

Weather has been the best since I have been in MD for 7 years here.

GO global warming. Look how many of the problem areas on earth will be solved by a raise in sea level....

How come no one ever talks about the bennefits??? What if Antartica become tropical again?
WOW, so, if the NYC weather was below normal, that just erases all the concern... The problem is that all this is turned into a political discussion (because of Al Gore) and not into a real concern.
The global warming (caused by us or just a cycle) is a trend, not an occurence. It is obvious (at least to some of us that are more mature) that the weather patterns in last 10 years have changed from 30 years ago, or earlier in the 20th century. Yes, TX had mild summer this year, but then last 10 years were way above the normals... Last year I went skiing in WV to have 65F weather... So, the trend is definitely warmer...
Did we cause it (solely) and can we reverse it or slow it down -- that should be debated and invested in. Proving that Al Gore's movies or W's theories are right or wrong should not be the part of discussion...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 11:20 PM   #41
speedgod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Simple solution :

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/compa...rld_two_wheels

And we solve some big problems in many facets of life.

Just get out and pedal!!

SG

-Taylor Knox
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 02:15 AM   #42
Lex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i M Sport Sport Wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
WOW, so, if the NYC weather was below normal, that just erases all the concern... The problem is that all this is turned into a political discussion (because of Al Gore) and not into a real concern.
The global warming (caused by us or just a cycle) is a trend, not an occurence. It is obvious (at least to some of us that are more mature) that the weather patterns in last 10 years have changed from 30 years ago, or earlier in the 20th century. Yes, TX had mild summer this year, but then last 10 years were way above the normals... Last year I went skiing in WV to have 65F weather... So, the trend is definitely warmer...
Did we cause it (solely) and can we reverse it or slow it down -- that should be debated and invested in. Proving that Al Gore's movies or W's theories are right or wrong should not be the part of discussion...
I would think you'd have to measure earths climate changes in the last 100,000 to a million year increments not 10 years. Look the weather man can't predict what tommorow will bring, come on. Look at Al Gore's claim that there would be record hurricanes this past year after Katrina, what a total & complete blunder of a prediction. Just because through your personal experience over a measly 10 years does not give a large enough time frame to go by. The original question asked "How long before we destroy our planet through global warming?" looks to me its a pretty open discussion, why can we not talk about certain theories?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 06:51 AM   #43
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
I would think you'd have to measure earths climate changes in the last 100,000 to a million year increments not 10 years. Look the weather man can't predict what tommorow will bring, come on. Look at Al Gore's claim that there would be record hurricanes this past year after Katrina, what a total & complete blunder of a prediction. Just because through your personal experience over a measly 10 years does not give a large enough time frame to go by. The original question asked "How long before we destroy our planet through global warming?" looks to me its a pretty open discussion, why can we not talk about certain theories?
The theory that we do not know the age of Earth and temperatures 100,000 years ago is really not a theory but an empty claim. That is all I said. As for the temp raise in last 100,000 years -- it clearly (average) went up, so no doubt about it. Again -- as the cycle or caused by something else, that is the question. The disturbing thing is that it went up more rapidly since our latest industrial revolution (1970's and on) than ever before, along with the CO2 levels. Clearly an indication that we did have something to do with it.

You could theorize on why the temp went up lately, and so on, but to tell us that we have no clues about the events 500,000 years old is simply untrue.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 07:49 AM   #44
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Okay your right the slap thing was silly. I just get frustrated with all the misinformation out there. If someone is so concerned about the planet & their impact on it they should get rid of the house they live in, get rid of their car, walk everywhere & live on a communal farm where their impact to the environment will be minimal. But they won't! They want everyone else to adhere to thier theories when their is no proof that man has caused global warming, just 30 ears ago in the same scientific community was predicting the next Ice age was uopn us. Just use your common sence.

Another thing about the polar ice caps melting. Do yourself a little expirment, get a glass of water & fill it up about 3/4ths of the way to the top(however much you like it doesn't matter) now add ice to it to fill up the glass almost to the top. Let it melt & come back to it later....what happens to the water level in the glass...NOTHING, it stays the same, the ice before it melted was displacing the water & now that it melted the water level stayed the same.
This does not take into effect the ice on Antartica because most of that ice is on top of the continent itself., there is no land mass at the north pole its all ice. People have to chill(no pun intended) & use common sence as well.
Quote:
How do they know it's 650,000 years? They don't. It's a guess. They don't even know for sure that carbon dating is correct. And they never will. It's the same logic they used when they released CD's and said, "They have a 75 year shelf life". How the hell do they know that? Because they used a way of accelarating the aging process? Well... how do they know the accelaration process is right? They don't. And CD's aren't lasting anywhere near 75 years.

It's an educated guess. Which I don't have issue with. But the good scientists will state that it's a guess. They call it a "theory". I have complete respect for that. What I don't have respect for is the scientists that find some bone and say, 'This is 2 million years old" as if it's fact. A much better statement would be, "Assuming our base assumptions are correct, we theorize that this is 2 million years old".

-Tom
Nice to see a couple of people who can think for themselves. The global warming "crisis" is a made up situation to generate enormous amounts of money and political clout - nothing more.

Do we have some impact on our environment? Certainly. Can we improve our ways to minimize that impact? Of course. But the gaul to use the word "crisis"??? What horse shit.

The Earth is a living planet and the climate is constantly changing. A volcano errupting does more to "harm" the climate than we do. Perhaps they should outlaw volcanic erruptions.

I choose not to take my scientific advice from Al Gore and empty headed celebutards.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0