BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental)

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)

Official Nordschleife 2011 prices rant thread

This is what happens, when a public organisation like the Nurburgring (was owned by the state of Rheinland-Pfalz) is sold to a group of investors who only care about their hotel business:

New pricing for 2011:

Quote:
1 lap: € 24,00
4 laps: € 89,00, incl. € 10,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket
15 laps: € 310,00, incl. € 20,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket
25 laps: € 470,00, incl. € 30,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 1 ring°werk ticket
Season ticket: € 1.350,00, incl. € 100,00 food/drinks voucher for the Eifeldorf Grüne Hölle*, 2 ring°werk ticket
E.g. for the season ticket this is an increase of 25.5% !!!

Not very nice to let racing enthusiasts pay for unprofitable hotels and restaurants.

Feel free to add your complaints...
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
BMW-NC
Selling drugs to BMW addicts
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i e82 6MT N55

I paid 22 per lap last Fall....
Sounds huge, but hey, it is 18km of pure fun (had an e92 M3 with me)
      11-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

it is really ridiculous what is going on over there. Complete mismanagement, 300mln Euro investments without having a sound business plan, and the taxpayer and the people who just wanna go there to drive have to pay for it. I am not sure if it will ever work, they will never get the money they have put in to it.
The fastest rollercoaster of the world which was build there is still not running... and it is also not anymore the fastest one of the world (if it would once run)

I had the Yearcard but will not buy it anymore, just a principle. Will search other ways to enjoy driving.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 01:02 AM   #4
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

yippee, now we get free tickets to repeat visit the stupid museum which never changes.

i'm still getting a season pass next year. demand is still high for the track so naturally raise the cost. hoping this reduces somewhat the amount of people on the track. also gp track is going up to €38 from €30 for 20 min session. that sucks.
      12-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

WTF the GP track is increasign as well? This is horseshit, but it is the best, well the best for me, track in a long long time that I've seen and driven on. Karusell, you'll enjoy co driving with me wont ya?

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 04:12 AM   #6
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post
WTF the GP track is increasign as well? This is horseshit, but it is the best, well the best for me, track in a long long time that I've seen and driven on. Karusell, you'll enjoy co driving with me wont ya?

GP track is good to learn on. modern with all the latest safety features and since its designed for F1 really big runoff areas with good visibility. sure donovan, just get rid of this snow for me and we'll be all set. Still working on a snow drift training at airport near you too so stay tuned.