BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-12-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
CheetoNYC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Northern California Road Tunnels

If you can't get enough of the V8 roaring down the road there isn't anything much better than hearing it in a tunnel with the windows down. I drove through Devil's Slide tunnel last weekend in my DD, and I'll be driving back up there and in SF this weekend just to hear the M3. I'm not originally from the area (and can't find a tunnel in San Jose) so I did a little research on Google for some other local tunnels to check out.

See the Google Map I created and feel free to contribute any I might have missed:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eR...oS&usp=sharing
      01-13-2018, 09:42 PM   #2
CheetoNYC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

https://youtu.be/KreFo1LDh7c

After doing a great drive up along Skyline/35 in the morning I "hopped" over to 1 to do a couple of passes through Devil's Slide tunnel today. Definitely worth the trip up there, and took a little video (see link above). My iphone setup in the car doesn't do it justice.

Spent most of the morning running with an STI along Skyline and then right around Alice's Restaurant I ran into an incredible group of about 20 high-end cars with a GT3, multiple Vette's, Lambo (Murc?), Ferrari (458?), Bentley Bentaga and more running down Hwy 84 from Alice's towards La Honda. I tried to turn around and join their group but got stuck behind a Camry that didn't seem to realize the opportunity in front of him. Great drive all day none the less.