BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #45
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
See the thing is I don't want a more fuel efficient car I want a faster car.. And when you get a faster car the MPGs on it get worse... I just can't imagine paying more for gas it just crazy...
I sense lack of logic in this one

thought I too would like to see gas prices drop, a lot. Greedy bastards.
      04-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #46
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
I sense lack of logic in this one

thought I too would like to see gas prices drop, a lot. Greedy bastards.
What is your problem with me everything I said was true... Look at MPG on really fast cars...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #47
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
What is your problem with me everything I said was true... Look at MPG on really fast cars...
But thats a normal Thing... More Power needs more Gas... Thats pretty Simple
# BMW 130i /// + SPARCO Assetto Gara 8x18 bronze + KW + PP SteeringWheel II +PP Exhaust +PP Kidneys + PP AirFilter + PP Style Flaps + PP SS Kit + AC-Schnitzer Gear Knob + MorVision Diffusor + LCI Blacklines high + GroundZero-Audio #
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #48
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

72 dollars for a full tank of Diesel, $4.43 a gallon
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #49
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by comar1979 View Post
But thats a normal Thing... More Power needs more Gas... Thats pretty Simple
I know thats what I was saying... Some people like to disagree just to disagree...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #50
woodpecka
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D9MO76J02.htm

Quote:
NEW YORK

An electric BMW will go on sale this fall in seven U.S. metropolitan areas as part of a program to test demand for an electric luxury car and see how drivers use the car.

BMW AG plans to offer 700 ActiveE electrics in the cities of Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento, New York and Boston and the state of Connecticut. BMW is offering a two-year lease for $499 per month and a down payment of $2,250.

The ActiveE is a 1-Series coupe with a lithium-ion battery that gives the car enough power to go about 100 miles between charges. The ActiveE comes in white and has special, circuit-like graphics on the sides.

Aaron Singer-Englar, BMW's North American electric vehicle project manager, said it will help the company gather data as it develops a new electric car to go on sale in 2013. He also said it will help show consumers that electric cars can still be dynamic driving machines.

"It's the first car that we're happy to say is 100 percent electric and 100 percent BMW at the same time," Singer-Englar said on the sidelines of the New York Auto Show.

UNDER THE HOOD: The ActiveE's battery charges in four to five hours using a dock that BMW will install at the driver's home. The car can go about 25 miles after one hour of charging, it gets 170 horsepower and can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in less than nine seconds, BMW said.

INSIDE: BMW said the battery and powertrain, mounted on the back of the car, are laid out so that the interior space is the same as a regular 1-Series coupe. The ActiveE has a special light gray interior and a display that shows drivers how far they are from the nearest battery recharging stations and how much juice they have left.

PRICE: The ActiveE will be offered as a two-year lease for $499 per month and $2,250 down. That compares to $349 per month for 36 months and $1,995 down for the Nissan Leaf electric car and $350 per month for 36 months and $2,500 down for the Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric.

CHEERS: BMW is first to the U.S. market with a luxury electric car, and it will gain valuable experience from lessees as it develops a new electric car for 2013.

JEERS: The market for luxury hybrids has been tepid, and BMW may find the same is true for luxury electrics. It will cost owners $100 more per month to lease an ActiveE than a regular 1-Series.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #51
Artmasterx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2006 Volvo V70R  [10.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Just saw this today comparing various countries gas prices and gas tax rates... You could always move to Venezuela and pay $0.10 a gallon... of course that may be the only reason to move there.

Basically everywhere in Europe pays more in gas tax than the US pays in total.

FORMERLY: 128i coupe
Alpine White | Sports Package | Black Leather
Appreciate 0