BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

09-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #67
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335coupe View Post
I like this idea, but do you think it could work with TVs?
i have found that toasters seem to work best but i would not rule out trying a tv.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #68
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloster View Post
Maybe you could clarify your intent then. I'm really asking what you are suggesting. So, I understand you are not suggesting full punches at all times for all soccer moms who don't behave according to your standards. You mention a "poke in the nose". Are you suggesting we softly hit soccer moms some time? I understand you want them to know there can be repercussions. I'm just looking for some specifics on what you suggest.
you're a soccer mom or are married to one.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #69
gloster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i MT, sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
you're a soccer mom or are married to one.
guilty as charged; I am married. My children play soccer. My wife doesn't drive an SUV, but I'm hoping the minivan still qualifies me as old-man goofy enough to all the l33t on this board.

I'm still not sure how hard I'm supposed to be hitting her to prevent her from not driving properly.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #70
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
I was making a connection that letting people fight it out caused the country to not exist anymore. It was a joke, so it did not need a response (rhetorical). Way to kill my punchline....a**hole (I'm purely joking here!)
not really, it was drunk president who sold out to usa which destroyed the country...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #71
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d Coupe

Come to the UK where everyone is a polite driver, NOT!

People will jump out of their cars at traffic lights and bang fists on the other driver’s window in front of them, just because the guy in front overtook them!

Drivers in the UK get obsessively possessive about the road and their place on it.

When I first moved here from California 22 years ago, UK drivers were polite, considerate and generally quite relaxed while driving. Today, they are aggressive, possessive, discourteous, and downright ugly.

Driving here is like a psychotic video game; thank god the Brits don’t carry guns in their cars otherwise it would be mass murder every day!!

E92 335d SE Auto | Space Grey | Black Leather | 19” 230 Star Spoke | Comfort Access | Lumbar | Heated Seats | Black High Gloss Trim | Pro Nav | Assist | Bluetooth Telematics | Voice Control | High Gloss Shadow Line
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #72
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Yea! I am sick and tired of us resolving things through words, gestures, and appointed authorities! Things should be resolved by breaking noses!
+1

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #73
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01 View Post
not really, it was drunk president who sold out to usa which destroyed the country...
Yes I know, that is why I said I was making a joke that letting people fight caused the country to be destroyed.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #74
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Yes I know, that is why I said I was making a joke that letting people fight caused the country to be destroyed.
lol ic
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 04:28 PM   #75
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

It’s actually not only about drivers. I recently got a thing like happen to me that in the DC metro – I was walking towards the exit turnstiles and passed a middle-aged guy, getting trough the turnstile ahead of him. I passed the turnstile at least two seconds before he reached it, so I did not slow him down in any way or “invade his personal space” (whatever this means). Guess what – the dude runs up to me and asks – “Why do you think you have to get through before I do” (or something like that). That was totally unexpected for me, but I am a very tolerant person and my natural reaction was to honestly answer his question – “Just because I am walking three times as fast”. He looked so pissed I thought he would start hitting his head against the wall, but I did not stay to see if he really did that… Go figure…

But people like that are really a minority, only an aberration. In my experience, there are much more of those in States than in Europe or even Canada. I guess it has something to do with bigger emphasis on competition and winning in American culture. Some dudes who cannot “win” often enough anywhere else need to win imaginary races to a metro turnstile or to the nearest stoplight…

As for people giving fingers to strangers for no good reason – they do not necessarily need to be afraid of being punched for that to think twice. People behave like that only in very impersonal, anonymous situations – I am sure even a possibility of having to talk with the “victim” and explain the reasons for finger giving would stop most.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 05:16 PM   #76
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Gloster, it's pretty obvious that you've got issues with what I typed...

That's cool, but unless your wife or you are running around like spinless turds being rude and shitty to those around you, giving them the finger and such? I'd say you're taking this all to personally...
      09-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #77
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Fingers aside, what frustrates me the most is when some stupid prick in a beat-up pickup truck, empowered by his self-generated feeling of entitlement to be the king of the road, drives below the speed limit in the left lane on the freeway and purposefuly refuses to moves his ass to the slower-traffic lane. Happens all the time on 520 west. Only in America.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #78
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Moral to the story: It is better to give than to receive.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 06:28 PM   #79
toofasttooslow
Galactic Emperor
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
It’s actually not only about drivers. I recently got a thing like happen to me that in the DC metro – I was walking towards the exit turnstiles and passed a middle-aged guy, getting trough the turnstile ahead of him. I passed the turnstile at least two seconds before he reached it, so I did not slow him down in any way or “invade his personal space” (whatever this means). Guess what – the dude runs up to me and asks – “Why do you think you have to get through before I do” (or something like that). That was totally unexpected for me, but I am a very tolerant person and my natural reaction was to honestly answer his question – “Just because I am walking three times as fast”. He looked so pissed I thought he would start hitting his head against the wall, but I did not stay to see if he really did that… Go figure…

But people like that are really a minority, only an aberration. In my experience, there are much more of those in States than in Europe or even Canada. I guess it has something to do with bigger emphasis on competition and winning in American culture. Some dudes who cannot “win” often enough anywhere else need to win imaginary races to a metro turnstile or to the nearest stoplight…

As for people giving fingers to strangers for no good reason – they do not necessarily need to be afraid of being punched for that to think twice. People behave like that only in very impersonal, anonymous situations – I am sure even a possibility of having to talk with the “victim” and explain the reasons for finger giving would stop most.

+1 -

There is a definite psychology behind being behind someone. I see it every day when I try to merge onto the freeway. No wonder traffic here is so bad. Between the uber passive-aggressive retards and the ultra testosterone laiden asswipes you just can't win. I've gotten to the point where I go as far as I can then abruptly cut over two lanes without a turn signal when I try to merge onto a freeway. Some might call that an asshole move, but I call it survival on the road. BTW I get lots of fingers, stares, and because of my many years of lip reading training I'm occasionally able to make out the words "fuck you".
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #80
gloster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i MT, sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Gloster, it's pretty obvious that you've got issues with what I typed...

That's cool, but unless your wife or you are running around like spinless turds being rude and shitty to those around you, giving them the finger and such? I'd say you're taking this all to personally...
I do disagree with what you typed. I wouldn't call it an issue since it's not a big deal to me that we disagree. As they say, "this is America" disagreement is healthy.

I'm against violence as a means of correcting snotty attitudes. Unless someone does something dangerous to me in traffic, I don't see violence as a reasonable response.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #81
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
Fingers aside, what frustrates me the most is when some stupid prick in a beat-up pickup truck, empowered by his self-generated feeling of entitlement to be the king of the road, drives below the speed limit in the left lane on the freeway and purposefuly refuses to moves his ass to the slower-traffic lane. Happens all the time on 520 west. Only in America.
You're not kidding...
      09-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #82
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I do disagree with what you typed. I wouldn't call it an issue since it's not a big deal to me that we disagree. As they say, "this is America" disagreement is healthy.

I'm against violence as a means of correcting snotty attitudes. Unless someone does something dangerous to me in traffic, I don't see violence as a reasonable response.
It's really not mostly my comments were tongue in cheek. I'm not advocating the beating of most housewives. Just the scaring the shit outta the deluded self important shit heads that WILL and DO flip people off regardless of the fact that they have no means whatsoever to defend themselves. Should the person they give the finger too think it's a fine idea to beat the shit outta them for their insult, or worse simply shoot em' in the face.

No I think a Good and Proper terrifying moment may be just the medicine... Might actually save them from some real harm.
A freshly terrified Housewife will certainly keep her attitude in check, and reality will be fresh in her mind.

I know it sounds like six different flavors of misogyny, but it's more a commentary on the sheltered lives so many wonder around in with no concept of the real dangers that can be lurking right at the other end of a vertically pointed middle finger.
      09-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #83
≈≈ÑéƒÄrÖ5îT¥≈≈
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
It's really not mostly my comments were tongue in cheek. I'm not advocating the beating of most housewives. Just the scaring the shit outta the deluded self important shit heads that WILL and DO flip people off regardless of the fact that they have no means whatsoever to defend themselves. Should the person they give the finger too think it's a fine idea to beat the shit outta them for their insult, or worse simply shoot em' in the face.

No I think a Good and Proper terrifying moment may be just the medicine... Might actually save them from some real harm.
A freshly terrified Housewife will certainly keep her attitude in check, and reality will be fresh in her mind.

I know it sounds like six different flavors of misogyny, but it's more a commentary on the sheltered lives so many wonder around in with no concept of the real dangers that can be lurking right at the other end of a vertically pointed middle finger.

My wife can be included in this populous. She thinks she's invincible in her 4-ton SUV. If I ride with her I'm usually bitching her out for driving like an idiot and pissing people off. I keep telling her that someone is going to shoot her for being such a tard on the road.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2007, 01:55 AM   #84
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
+1 -

There is a definite psychology behind being behind someone. I see it every day when I try to merge onto the freeway. No wonder traffic here is so bad. Between the uber passive-aggressive retards and the ultra testosterone laiden asswipes you just can't win. I've gotten to the point where I go as far as I can then abruptly cut over two lanes without a turn signal when I try to merge onto a freeway. Some might call that an asshole move, but I call it survival on the road. BTW I get lots of fingers, stares, and because of my many years of lip reading training I'm occasionally able to make out the words "fuck you".
Traffic here really isn't that bad compared to a lot of other places I've been... Spooky but seriously.
      09-22-2007, 09:57 AM   #85
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Similar thing happened to me. I was going to change lanes so I put my blinker on and look in my mirror to see if it was all clear to change lanes. I see it is all clear and I start to change lanes. Then I see an Acura zooming up in that lane, so I turn the wheel back to stay in my lane. The Acura guy mocked the swerving motion by turning his wheel back and forth like I had to stay in my lane. I wasn't even in the BMW. I was in my Saturn Aura. Damn Acura guys being jealous of a Saturn.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 01:50 AM   #86
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

this guy passed me and slammed his brakes got out of the car and started yelling at me... CAUSE

i was going the speedlimit 45mph with a benz and we were "blocking" his way and "fcuking" around with him. thats what he said to me

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 02:37 AM   #87
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliejai View Post
this guy passed me and slammed his brakes got out of the car and started yelling at me... CAUSE

i was going the speedlimit 45mph with a benz and we were "blocking" his way and "fcuking" around with him. thats what he said to me
So why were you screwing with him? Maybe next time Slower Traffic Keep Right would be a Bonus. Nothing at all wrong with actually doing something useful like getting out of the way...
      09-23-2007, 08:57 AM   #88
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

I get lots of fingers and looks. I wouldn't say that I am an aggressive driver but when slow traffic refuses to give the right-of-way, I make my intentions known.

Making an effort to pass is better than slowing down and doing nothing. Half the time you can bet that the slow drivers are completely oblivious as to what is going on behind them. Maybe if they start to see cars going out of their way to get around them, they will realize what is happening and either speed up or get out of the way. I feel like I am doing a service to the driving public overtaking slow traffic.

Of course you are always going to get the people who hold up traffic on purpose. Nothing you can do about this that doesn't involve a timely red light and some big balls.
Appreciate 0