BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Mporium BMW

01-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG 2017 340i, 6sp, MPPSK

Houston Auto Show

My saleman just left me a message and said that the 4 door M3 will be on dispaly at the upcoming Houston Auto Show. I think it runs from Jan 26 to Feb 3. I guess something is better than nothing. I'm getting the coupe and was hoping to see it but anything at this point is better than nothing.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
///MArdor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Well at least you can get a pretty good idea what the car will look like fom the front and sides. I must say I am very suprised that they are getting an E90 M3. I bought tickets to Detroit just to see the coupe.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
ronnie dobbs
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan

spoke with my CA today and he confirmed that the only m3 there is the sedan. Apparently it is white on black. I was surprised they wouldn't have the coupe there as well. I'm getting the sedan so I guess I got lucky. Hopefully it has 19's on it. Please post if you've seen anything and can confirm options.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie dobbs View Post
spoke with my CA today and he confirmed that the only m3 there is the sedan. Apparently it is white on black. I was surprised they wouldn't have the coupe there as well. I'm getting the sedan so I guess I got lucky. Hopefully it has 19's on it. Please post if you've seen anything and can confirm options.
I remember from a previous post that you're buying from Clear Lake....me too.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
ronnie dobbs
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhutchins14 View Post
I remember from a previous post that you're buying from Clear Lake....me too.
That's cool. This is my first time to deal with them but I've gotten so sick of the dealers in town (Momentums especially) I started looking around and ended up there. You are on the list for a coupe I guess? Saw from another thread. I am told I am first on their list for an M-DKG sedan and I hope that really is the case. They seem pretty straightforward so far.

Heading to the car show in a few. I'll report back with what I see in a few hours.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #6
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie dobbs View Post
That's cool. This is my first time to deal with them but I've gotten so sick of the dealers in town (Momentums especially) I started looking around and ended up there. You are on the list for a coupe I guess? Saw from another thread. I am told I am first on their list for an M-DKG sedan and I hope that really is the case. They seem pretty straightforward so far.

Heading to the car show in a few. I'll report back with what I see in a few hours.
I'm #4 or 5 on the list for a coupe but I'm now debating whether I want to wait around for the DKG gearbox. I'm going to the show next weekend so I'll get a chance to see the sedan.

I purchased my current M from Momentum on the west side of town and it was the worst car buying experience I've ever had.

The funny thing is that I'm pretty knowledgeableabotu cars and this board is a great source of info, but dealers in general never seem to know as much about their products as I do. Anyway, hope you had a good time at the show.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 07:38 AM   #7
ronnie dobbs
Private
Rep

The show was ok. The only M3, as expected, was the white sedan, maybe the same one from LA? 19" rims, premium, tech, aluminum trim. I was really surprised at how much better it looked in person than I had expected. The wheels filled out the wheelwells perfectly, it looked very aggressive and the hood bump was really subtle in white. It got me really excited about the car all over again, kind of like the first e46 I saw on the road way back when. I am really considering going white now (was considering it all along but this will be my third white car in a row). Last non-white car was my silver e46 M3, and I still miss that car.

Oh, and the car was locked up, at least on Saturday, so no sitting inside. I even flagged down a dude and asked if he'd open it for me. You can probably guess what his response was. Funny enough, the guy was the "head" salesman at Momentum on 59, and was just the turd you'd expect. He said something like "Yeah, we've had people on the list for two years, but the first one that's coming in is all mine." I took that to mean that he wasn't first on the list but was taking the first car anyway. I didn't even respond.

If anyone else goes to the show this week and is able to get inside the sedan for any reason, let me know. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
marksch123
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3 Cabrio

I went saturday as well, but no luck getting into it either. If it was the head sales manager from Momentum on 59...... He must have been the new director of sales. The previous guy went to the I-10 West store. I was like you Ronnie...a bit surprised and now Im considering the white as well. I have been on the list at Momentum for well over a year. #7 for coupe, and #2 for the convertible. They had the first allocation already, 2 cars went to the 59 store, and 2 cars have gone to the West store....from what i was told. I.M. me if you here any new news. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #9
mhutchins14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I couldn't wait so I went over to the car show on my lunch break to look and got pretty much the same treatment. The sales person couldn't unlock it, I even went over to the hottie at the BMW booth and she didn't have "access" to the car either. Very frustrating...even though she was really hot. Car did look good though. I was really hoping to get a better look at the aluminum trim since that's what I'm leaning towards. Like you said, the wheels look great!!!

I'm never surprised at the salespeople lack of knowledge at these events. The BMW guy didn't even know about DCT. My boss tagged along with me and made the comment several times that I knew way more about a product than the people actually selling it. Not just BMW's but everything we looked at. After trying to talk to the Porsche rep I gave up because they just don't know squat...although, she was a hottie too so it wasn't all bad.

Bottom line is that if you go to the show don't expect to learn very much. You'll find out more on this board in about five minutes vs walking around at the show for a couple of hours. The only thing the show is really good for is seeing the cars in the flesh....and of course the hotties.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 07:55 AM   #10
ronnie dobbs
Private
Rep

Interesting on the allocations for Momentum. Sounds like they split 50/50 between the 59 store and westside. Hutch, my guy in Clear Lake told me that, of Advantage's allocations, 2/3 go to the downtown store and 1/3 go to Clear Lake. Is this what you were told too? I think this means that, even if you're first on the list for a certain car at Clear Lake (like I supposedly am), it might take 3 cars being allocated to Advantage overall before one of them gets to Clear Lake.

Fine by me, since Advantage downtown first told me that there was no list for M3's. When I made the guy go ask, he said, oops, looks like the list has 30 people on it! I can see how he would have missed that. Then, he couldn't even tell me how many were coupes versus sedans (much less transmission preferences).

As far as knowing more than your dealer, this is a common theme. I have a theory (not really that insightful I guess) that most dealers would prefer a customer who is completely ignorant about the product. For them, it means less time looking stupid, less hassle if they mess something up, and less follow up phone calls every week when we read some news on this forum. It is frustrating though.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #11
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

From what I have heard, the list has little meaning if you have an extra 5K to spend, you get the first or next allocation and all those at "MSRP only" get bumped back.