BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

02-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #45
PhoenixRising
Important text here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Conv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3
Mr Benvo over here really knows his stuff
Another satisfied customer

And the Euro MDM is a fricking blast. One of the best coding mods available. Hands down! Thanks again, Mike!

2009 AM V8 Vantage Conv - Berwick Bronze, Quicksilver Exhaust
2013 M3 Conv - (RIP) thanks to uninsured a-hole
2004 Porsche 911 C4S Conv
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #46
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

I cant wait for my BPM Stage 2 tune. Damn work and weather is stopping me. I plan on doing a comparison between ESS and BPM once my tune is complete. I tested against my buddy with ESS STG 2 and I stock of course and he blew me away. I will video the two of us stock vs. ESS then another after I get my BPM uploaded. Should be an interesting thread.

Thanks for sharing, good to see that benefits are coming from an empty wallet. HAHAHAHA!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #47
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
Thanks for sharing, good to see that benefits are coming from an empty wallet. HAHAHAHA!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #48
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I found that'spart of the reason it pulls so hard , there's a lot less $20s weighing me down, haha. Seriously though, bpm stage II is nuts.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #49
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

I've decided I'm getting it done this spring! Getting test pipes and the BPM tune..
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #50
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
I've decided I'm getting it done this spring! Getting test pipes and the BPM tune..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #51
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I cant wait for my BPM Stage 2 tune. Damn work and weather is stopping me. I plan on doing a comparison between ESS and BPM once my tune is complete. I tested against my buddy with ESS STG 2 and I stock of course and he blew me away. I will video the two of us stock vs. ESS then another after I get my BPM uploaded. Should be an interesting thread.

One thing you guys should think about doing is first both racing each other with stock tunes. This would help determine whether it's just the tune difference or whether one car is actually stronger than the other. Once you've figured that out, you can race with the tunes in.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #52
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

That would be great, really looking forward to that. I'm still deciding between 3 different tuners.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #53
BuckRodgers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

I do not believe ESS has a stage 2 NA tune. I have only ever seen one option. Maybe they have a catless tune but I do not believe there are different power levels to their tune.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #54
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Quote:

Yes we will once we are done with this work crap at the end of March, but then its nice weather and trips to The Ring bro!!!
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #55
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRodgers View Post
I do not believe ESS has a stage 2 NA tune. I have only ever seen one option. Maybe they have a catless tune but I do not believe there are different power levels to their tune.
yes by stage 2 what he is referring to is catless bc the BPM catless is called stage 2, so you know what he means..they are equivalent tunes and we are trying to see if one is stronger than the other..you know what we mean?
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #56
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
One thing you guys should think about doing is first both racing each other with stock tunes. This would help determine whether it's just the tune difference or whether one car is actually stronger than the other. Once you've figured that out, you can race with the tunes in.
yeah thats a good idea i would just have to flash back to the stock one and the both of us run them with test pipes and stock tunes to see where we stand...you think it would be much of a difference in our stock cars since his is a 10 and mines a 12? in your personal opinion/experience?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #57
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBER ///M3 View Post
yeah thats a good idea i would just have to flash back to the stock one and the both of us run them with test pipes and stock tunes to see where we stand...you think it would be much of a difference in our stock cars since his is a 10 and mines a 12? in your personal opinion/experience?
There's a possibility regardless of what year they are. Good to have a baseline and go from there.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #58
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Looking forward to your comparison test. I am going to install catless x-pipe with BPM tune this spring, so it would be interesting to see the difference between stock and stage 2 BPM/ESS tunes
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #59
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
Looking forward to your comparison test. I am going to install catless x-pipe with BPM tune this spring, so it would be interesting to see the difference between stock and stage 2 BPM/ESS tunes
its the primaries that you have to get rid of bro...they are hands down the most restricting...the secondaries are just fine how they are...yeah thats what we are wondering too..now we have to wait for spring to hit
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #60
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
There's a possibility regardless of what year they are. Good to have a baseline and go from there.
Quote:
its the primaries that you have to get rid of bro...they are hands down the most restricting...the secondaries are just fine how they are...yeah thats what we are wondering too..now we have to wait for spring to hit
This sounds like a plan! The only real difference between the two will be Akro exhaust on his part and Exhaust MOD on my side. You think that will really make a difference? Either way we are comparing and posting.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #61
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This sounds like a plan! The only real difference between the two will be Akro exhaust on his part and Exhaust MOD on my side. You think that will really make a difference? Either way we are comparing and posting.
Are they both axle-back? If not, the Akra will have the advantage.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #62
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Are they both axle-back? If not, the Akra will have the advantage.
UBER///M3: Less than 10k miles

Axelback Akro
Test pipes
ESS Tune

STi_traitor: 53K miles

OEM mod exhaust (ACM style)
Test Pipes
Drop in Filter
BPM TUNE

I don't think the miles should matter but we will see when we compare stock for stock maps. Autobahn will be the testing grounds, roughly 60MPH 3rd gear to Max (god bless the autobahn).

This is going to be a great test, unfortunately not until April!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #63
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
UBER///M3: Less than 10k miles

Axelback Akro
Test pipes
ESS Tune

STi_traitor: 53K miles

OEM mod exhaust (ACM style)
Test Pipes
Drop in Filter
BPM TUNE

I don't think the miles should matter but we will see when we compare stock for stock maps. Autobahn will be the testing grounds, roughly 60MPH 3rd gear to Max (god bless the autobahn).

This is going to be a great test, unfortunately not until April!
Looks like it will be a good run.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #64
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Looks like it will be a good run.
I created a thread to build the hype, hopefully this works in BPM's favor. HAHAHA!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #65
mot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 AW M3 6MT

What's the cost for a tune?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #66
M3takesNYC
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Tell him to get a drop-in filter and make sure yours is new to make it as even as possible.

You could make this test about ten times more informative if you pick up a BT cable and each do some WOT runs and log your ECU data. Will show if the two cars are essentially running in their most healthy conditions, will show you if target ignition timing is being hit, show the A/F ratios and will make this a very well carried out experiment.

If you both do some pulls with the BT cable and find you have your max ignition being met before and after the tune (each tune may be different target but the before-tune runs are the important ones to make sure your cars are operating equally healthy bone stock.

costs a couple hundred bucks but the good thing is its used to read and delete codes on your car and log data for the future, especially if you ever supercharge.
Appreciate 0