BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

04-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #67
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium View Post
great trip! I like this road
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanlee1112 View Post
Awesome Thanks for sharing
Thanks guys. The road is unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTFA5T View Post
Cant wait im doing a MI to Dragon run in Mid June
Sweet! Don't know when I'll next make it back, but it's on my permanent radar. Have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedM View Post
Next time you're planning a trip to the TN/NC area, let me know. My home town is about an hour from 129. Come enjoy the Asheville, NC area!
Will do man. I appreciate that.

Actually, after I left I was thinking about where I would stay if I wanted to return to drive the Dragon specifically. None of the backcountry TN areas I drove through seemed very viable unless I wanted to camp perhaps... Asheville sounds like a good option.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #68
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low J. View Post
Good. Too many people die there every year from people doing just as you were and thinking in error that a bike won't be on that corner in less than a blink of an eye.
Quite the opposite. I assumed that around every corner was a biker trying for his personal best on the route. I certainly did not wish to inspire irresponsible or reckless driving on what is presumably one of your area roads. It's too bad my camera view and video conveyed that in any way because, well, it just wasn't...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #69
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

He said he did NOT cross lines around corners...

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #70
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
He said he did NOT cross lines around corners...
Right.

I've tried to make clear that around all corners lacking forward visibility I was hugging my shoulder of the road, and certainly not crossing the center line. There are, however, plenty (perhaps hundreds) of "corners" on that road that more resemble kinks, and where there is plenty of forward visibility.

These thoughts were in my original post that was "heavily modified", and I reiterated them when Low J. voiced his first objection..

I've advised elsewhere in the thread to watch out for bikers.

No matter. I'm insane, and we just can't seem to move past it.

Quote:
It wasn't just the video, you said it yourself right in your post that you were crossing the double yellow. ANY time you're doing that there in ANY corner you are posing a danger.
Look, I get it. You object to my driving, and you've come here to teach me a thing or two about road safety.

I personally find throwing nose-heavy A5's into corners "with abandon" reckless and objectionable. In fact, I would say that ANY time one takes ANY corner in an A5 "with abandon", one is posing a danger. Even if… even if… that A5 had the vaunted sport package.

I also presume that you're enjoying all of that newfound M3 power strictly within the speed limits. Because if you are not, then I'd say you're posing more of a danger than if you were.

So I don't approve of your driving, and you don't approve of mine, and that's ok. Let's put a lid on this?

Quote:
I just traded in my 2011 A5 for my M3 so I can definitely give you some thoughts. First of all the power and handling are a HUGE difference. The driving factor is much more fun in the M3. That's not to say the A5 was a slouch....I had the sport package and such on mine so it looked and handled great and with quattro I was confident throwing that thing into corners with abandon. IMHO the Audi is still the better looking car by far inside and out. The manual on the A5 is butter smooth...best I've ever experienced and the M3 has a fairly notchy 1st to 2nd engagement as you'll read about....definitely not as refined. The Audi overall is a step above as far as internal electronics and such too...more refined and better to the touch. If you value the performance over the amenities then you'll love the M3 as I do. If only you could put the M3 engine in the A5 body.......GOLD JERRY.......GOLD!!!!

If you have any specific comparison questions on the two, just ask.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #71
Low J.
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1991 Hyundai Scoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM3 View Post
Right.

I've tried to make clear that around all corners lacking forward visibility I was hugging my shoulder of the road, and certainly not crossing the center line. There are, however, plenty (perhaps hundreds) of "corners" on that road that more resemble kinks, and where there is plenty of forward visibility.

These thoughts were in my original post that was "heavily modified", and I reiterated them when Low J. voiced his first objection..

I've advised elsewhere in the thread to watch out for bikers.

No matter. I'm insane, and we just can't seem to move past it.

Look, I get it. You object to my driving, and you've come here to teach me a thing or two about road safety.

I personally find throwing nose-heavy A5's into corners "with abandon" reckless and objectionable. In fact, I would say that ANY time one takes ANY corner in an A5 "with abandon", one is posing a danger. Even if… even if… that A5 had the vaunted sport package.

I also presume that you're enjoying all of that newfound M3 power strictly within the speed limits. Because if you are not, then I'd say you're posing more of a danger than if you were.

So I don't approve of your driving, and you don't approve of mine, and that's ok. Let's put a lid on this?
That's track time. Don't make assumptions. Seriously, I don't have time to bicker about this stupid shit on this forum. If nothing was wrong you would have left the video up.

Last edited by Low J.; 04-16-2012 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #72
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's track time. Don't make assumptions. Seriously, I don't have time to bicker about this stupid shit on this forum. If nothing was wrong you would have left the video up.
Sure, sure.. track time only. Of course. My bad.

And since you're so very occupied, this will definitely be the last time I venture into one of your threads and unnecessarily start an argument...

Ironically, I removed the video so as to avoid being mired in a trumped-up internet controversy with a self righteous hypocrite. Lot of good that did. Rumor has it there's a street racing video or two somewhere in the media section. Better rush over to police and offer valued feedback.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #73
mattburch
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 328i

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
nice!
Modifications: OEM M Sport Rear / Matte Black Kidneys / Painted Reflectors / 20% Window Tint / LUX 5.0 / VMR 19" V703 / LED Sidemarkers / OEM M Foot Rest / OEM Performance SSK / Weisslicht White PY24W LED /
6000k D1S / CB2 Intake More To Come..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #74
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: eeeeeeee92

cool. thanks for the road trip photos.
Appreciate 0