BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

05-03-2010, 04:37 AM   #133
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Bottomline

The S4 is the best sports saloon/estate under the £40K mark........at the moment. And it's those last three words that are most important because like everything else the car industry doesn't sit still and in no time at all there will be something even better waiting in the wings.

But for now the S4 has the best engine, the best interior, the best grip, the best handling, the best brakes and the best all round ability. It's driving style might not suit everyone but then again there is only a small amount to go round so frank god not everyone is wanting one.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #134
11Past9
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A stolen one

This thread needs to die. Moral of the story:

There are many BMW owners that have been brainwashed by the bullshit so much that they rival the KKK's opinion on race in caliber just regarding cars. While the rest of us who actually have a clue share enthusiasm for cars and appreciate all for what they do well and take into account what they don't while applying it to our own needs/wants regarding what we would like to drive.

ex. I really like Mazda Miata MX-5's and they are I believe the most raced car ever (road course, auto x etc) and in MY opinion THESE cars are the "ultimate driving machine" and indeed force those behind the wheel to experience feel, feedback and overall enjoyment in a pure nature that is not by dick measuring and horsepower battle.

NOW! Would I ever own one? Probably not...

WOULD I defend one with the fire of a thousand suns against some asshat in a 335i when he tries to compare the two regarding which is the more pure feeling machine? Fuck yes...

I think someone needs to post the ingredients for the ultimate driving enthusiast I think it needs to start with

1 oz. appreciation
2 cups humble
2 cups boiling KNOWLEDGE
and a dash of shut the fuck up.

VOILA! Shit tastes good.

Now check out this machine, fuck yo shit up and no youre not a homosexual if you drive one, youre a secure man with REAL balls not tiny ones with an expensive lease to be responsible for.

gentle now the tender breeze blows, whispers through my Gran Torino, whistling another tired song, engine humms and bitter dreams grow, heart locked in a Gran Torino, it beats a lonely rhythm all night long
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2010, 03:32 AM   #135
lonestar22
Ground Clearance?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i & X5

i wish my doors closed as confirming as the new acuras doors do. mine sound like shit, like theres something loose inside the door. also, i love the quality of the old S4 my fiance has. but maybe a lot has changed since 2001 with Audi

E90 330i - E90 335i - E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2010, 04:05 AM   #136
Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Past9 View Post

There are many BMW owners that have been brainwashed by the bullshit so much that they rival the KKK's opinion on race in caliber just regarding cars. While the rest of us who actually have a clue share enthusiasm for cars and appreciate all for what they do well and take into account what they don't while applying it to our own needs/wants regarding what we would like to drive.

ex. I really like Mazda Miata MX-5's and they are I believe the most raced car ever (road course, auto x etc) and in MY opinion THESE cars are the "ultimate driving machine" and indeed force those behind the wheel to experience feel, feedback and overall enjoyment in a pure nature that is not by dick measuring and horsepower battle.

WOULD I defend one with the fire of a thousand suns against some asshat in a 335i when he tries to compare the two regarding which is the more pure feeling machine? Fuck yes...

I think someone needs to post the ingredients for the ultimate driving enthusiast I think it needs to start with

1 oz. appreciation
2 cups humble
2 cups boiling KNOWLEDGE

VOILA! Shit tastes good.

Now check out this machine, fuck yo shit up and no youre not a homosexual if you drive one, youre a secure man with REAL balls not tiny ones with an expensive lease to be responsible for.

Post of the year.
      05-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #137
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
So people here have been making quite the fuss about the S4...I'd driven the A4 before, deemed it to be a substandard car -- decided to give the S4 a go.

Summary: Its all about perspective -- today, I compared the 335 XDrive (AWD) (my car) to the Audi S4 (AWD);

The car is completely rubbish for the money they charge; were it 15 K cheaper...maybe it would be good ( just being provocative). Has no sense of luxury, feels cheap outside and inside. Above all, it does not feel like a luxury car; it feels like a track/rally car; the inside is all wrong. The amazing engine does not do enough to offset the insulated, passionless ride.

Plus side: The engine is SUPERIOR to the N54...it has no turbo lag (supercharged)...but thats about it; oh, and those beautiful LED lights that Benz has too, those draw mad attention.

Ride: Little road feel, the suspension was OK...but not enough communication with the road; def felt insulated.

Interior: Rubbish...this is the KEY here...the interior was rubbish. It felt like a souped up rally car. The leather was dull, the interior was dreary, depressing in hues of black, and grey...I felt like I was in a cemetary as compared to my cream beige BMW. The plastic felt cheap -- the worst part: the thin, cheap feeling steering wheel, reminded me of a Honda/Acura. The interior DID NOT feel like a luxury car. It reminded me of infiniti. Overall, its at the same quality level as infiniti/Acura.

BTW, the doors don't close with that same...strong thud that BMW doors close with; they feel lighter, weaker, more like...an Acura. Just feels cheaper.

Engine: AMAZING...this engine is SUPERIOR to the N54. It has no lag...I wish I had this engine in my 335. It is faster and has more power. I bet it doesn't have an HPFP issue either. The exhaust note is of course better than BMW, nice grunt.

Overall: this car has NO passion compared to a 335i...335i brings a smile and joy to one's driving experience...because you FEEL the road, you FEEL the curves, you FEEL the engine and power delivery.

Audi is the opposite here...you feel little, not as bad as Lexus -- but Lex doesn't pretend to compete with the Boss of Motor Werks.

Conclusion: Nice little fad for those who "want something new"...who always need the new thing. Its LED lights make it look hot, but benz has that now too. Overall car is rubbish in comparison to the 335i, has a better engine, but maybe 30-40% of the driving experience. That is the key here.

All those people saying BMW is dated...you've just jumped on a fad, the next great thing -- Good luck to you and bless the MBA's who did a good sales job!

I'll keep my 6MT 335xi. Its interior is luxurious, beautiful light tones on the leather, make it feel like a luxury car, which it is. And it does not feel cheap. ON a sidenote, I feel I was fair...I completely admit that the S4's engine is superior...I am not bashing AUdi. In every other respect, it is sub par relative to the BMW. The engine is only THAT MUCH better than the N54, marginal -- it does not make up for the ride.

And so the natural order has been restored.
What you say is rubbish

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 05:12 AM   #138
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:

1 oz. appreciation
2 cups humble
2 cups boiling KNOWLEDGE

VOILA! Shit tastes good.

This post makes me think of this picture.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 06:27 AM   #139
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^ Pic and caption of the year.

I wonder what brand of jeans, sunglasses and watch he is wearing.
      05-06-2010, 08:46 AM   #140
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:

1 oz. appreciation
2 cups humble
2 cups boiling KNOWLEDGE

VOILA! Shit tastes good.

Oh fuck, that's some win right there. A whole bunch of win. I had considered building a Spec Miata; I had a buddy in SD who had one, and that thing was quite an experience to drive. You'd have to get behind the wheel of one of those to understand what it's really like. You don't give a shit after that point whether some d-bag BMW owner thinks you're a homo for speccing a Miata because you know what's up.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #141
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_loft View Post
It's funny now that I am also a member of audiworld, I don't see the type of threads I see on here. I don't know how many of you are also members of bimmerfest.com, but e90post's demographic is something special.
give it time. The S4 is new and the real entusiasts have it now. When they become more afforadable (like the 335i now) everything will change. At that point you have people buying it cause it is just a turbo bmw or supercharged audi that is fast and impresses everyone so they think.

Enjoy it while you can. I posed a ton here from 2006-2009 before the 335i came out and just when it first came out and its night and day now. Enjoy that while you can trust me. I thought the fact it was a BMW forum made it much differnt at first but it was not the case. The right/unbiased real car people, not fanboys, own the cars for the first few years then after that the fanboi wannabee people come along and ruin it for everyone. Just look around and read all the negativity here. Sad very Sad.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0