BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-10-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
I'm takin' the day off.
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M

Question Moto Gp M3?

Seeing BMW M is a major sponsor of Moto GP and the M5 was seen very early at the GPs when can we expect the new M3 to appear? I bet it will be very soon. Attached is the M5 safety car.
Attached Images

04-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #2
mmmpowr
Rep
Drives: '01 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
Seeing BMW M is a major sponsor of Moto GP and the M5 was seen very early at the GPs when can we expect the new M3 to appear? I bet it will be very soon. Attached is the M5 safety car.
Probably not till next year. Then again, they may offer it up only for the BMW award (as the M Coupe has been last year and this year) rather than the part of the motogp fleet.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmpowr View Post
Probably not till next year. Then again, they may offer it up only for the BMW award (as the M Coupe has been last year and this year) rather than the part of the motogp fleet.
Seems reasonable to think it will be. I see Rossi or Pedrosa riding away in a new M3 come November. Its expected to be released in EUR by season end anyhow. I see it happening.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 02:24 AM   #4
maq
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Monthly Pass

I remember seeing a gorgeous white M3 CSL safty car a few years ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 07:33 AM   #5
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Poor Hayden...he's going to continue to struggle this year since they changed displacement....no M3 for him

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #6
bullitt5897
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: is300

well if honda would get their shit straight and back their world champion "Nicky" and not the f'in midget "Pedrosa" then Nicky might still have a chance. I wouldnt expect to see a motogp pace m3 till really late this year or next season.
I would watch Rossi he is gonna really put down some laps cause he wants to go out a winner.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

i concur

'09 X5 35d SG/SB
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
well if honda would get their shit straight and back their world champion "Nicky" and not the f'in midget "Pedrosa" then Nicky might still have a chance. I wouldnt expect to see a motogp pace m3 till really late this year or next season.
I would watch Rossi he is gonna really put down some laps cause he wants to go out a winner.
No, I don't think we'll see the Pace Car til 2008 season. Agreed.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nicky - have loved watching him since late 90's (I bought his replica and had it autographed...? - I love the guy). But I almost have to agree with HRC, that Danny is Honda's future. For crying out loud - look at the damn RC212v. Anyone that says they didn't develop that bike with PED in mind is an idiot. I don't care for the mutant, or his stupid arrogant attitude - but he's quick and he will bring Honda another Championship, perhaps this year.

Vale's got another year with FIAT - thru 09'.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #9
bullitt5897
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well as much as I love Nicky I ride Yamaha got a '99 r6 that I have made custom parts for and race and it keeps up with the new 600's still. My '04 R1 is f'n insane with AIM datalogging system and GMD suspension dynamics on both with michelin Pilots and ohlins, brembos...etc. these are the best bikes on the track in my opinion.

LOL the best bike can get you only so far. I wrecked the r6 3 weekends ago dislocating my shoulder and doing $800s worth of damage at a team practice and running race pace into turn 1 at Jennings GP at 150mph and shifted into a false neutral and still trying to trail brake into the turn... lets say there wasnt enough run off for 150mph and I had to ditch it before the trees!!! luckily I got it slowed down to about 90mph when I ditched it into the 12ft birm at the end of the run off.

Val is one of the best riders I have ever seen grace a motorcycle and nicky since he was a lil tot was raised to race motorcycles from flat tracking to moto gp he is still the world champ and honda needs to back him as such. Pedrosa may seem like the next evolution for honda but nicky has the determination, skill and heart to win! I wouldnt count nicky out this season and I believe after this slow start this season you will see him move back up in the rankings. Just my 2 cents ;-)

"once you drag a Knee nothing else matters"

Mike
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 06:19 PM   #10
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well as much as I love Nicky I ride Yamaha got a '99 r6 that I have made custom parts for and race and it keeps up with the new 600's still. My '04 R1 is f'n insane with AIM datalogging system and GMD suspension dynamics on both with michelin Pilots and ohlins, brembos...etc. these are the best bikes on the track in my opinion.

LOL the best bike can get you only so far. I wrecked the r6 3 weekends ago dislocating my shoulder and doing $800s worth of damage at a team practice and running race pace into turn 1 at Jennings GP at 150mph and shifted into a false neutral and still trying to trail brake into the turn... lets say there wasnt enough run off for 150mph and I had to ditch it before the trees!!! luckily I got it slowed down to about 90mph when I ditched it into the 12ft birm at the end of the run off.

Val is one of the best riders I have ever seen grace a motorcycle and nicky since he was a lil tot was raised to race motorcycles from flat tracking to moto gp he is still the world champ and honda needs to back him as such. Pedrosa may seem like the next evolution for honda but nicky has the determination, skill and heart to win! I wouldnt count nicky out this season and I believe after this slow start this season you will see him move back up in the rankings. Just my 2 cents ;-)

"once you drag a Knee nothing else matters"

Mike
I hope your right.....heal quickly

'09 X5 35d SG/SB
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #11
bullitt5897
Second Lieutenant
Rep

thanks man trying to get all the feeling back in my shoulder and full flexibility back.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #12
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thanks man trying to get all the feeling back in my shoulder and full flexibility back.
Do you have a cast? how much longer....thank god I haven't gone down yet, but one day it'll happen just hopefully not to severe & I hope its on the track when it does & not street...fyi watch your pinkies i.e. Troy Bayliss

p.s. Street Bike: Ducati Monsta 900 Track bike: Suzuki SV650...atv's for off road & about to buy a Honda 250r

'09 X5 35d SG/SB
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2007, 12:01 AM   #13
bullitt5897
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
Do you have a cast? how much longer....thank god I haven't gone down yet, but one day it'll happen just hopefully not to severe & I hope its on the track when it does & not street...fyi watch your pinkies i.e. Troy Bayliss

p.s. Street Bike: Ducati Monsta 900 Track bike: Suzuki SV650...atv's for off road & about to buy a Honda 250r

Nice toys! no I dont have a cast it was just a severe dislocation and soft tissue damage. shoot i have no idea how long till feeling comes back fully and i get full flexibility right now i just need a few more degrees of rotation to have full mobility of my arm and then its to rehab and back to weight training. everyone goes down sooner or later just hope its a lowslide and slow speed corner with lots of run off!!! lol... yea that sucks about Troy eeeehhh* gives me the willies thinking about his pinky.

Word of advice: go limp!!! i repeat go LIMP! when you hit your bones will bend and wont break. hense why i didnt destroy my collar bone going head first into a wall of dirt at 90mph. id take my dislocation over any break!!!

Wow you love them twins dont ya! I have 2 2005 yz 250r 2 strokes and dear Lord do they make my street bikes look like scooters. my 250's do wheelies all through 5th gear and you cant bump start them they have so much compression its crazy. I have only wrecked once and it was cause a birm gave out on me at 30 or so mph. didnt do any damage but I sat for 15 min trying to crank it so i wouldnt have to replace the spark plug LOL. good ole 2 strokes for ya.

GOOD LUCK and Enjoy yourself!!!

Mike
Appreciate 0