BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM
Closed Thread

03-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #111
stlmini
Rep
Drives: 2007 MINI Cooper S JCW

Just joined this forum to watch this story. This is the kind of stuff that really makes me mad and would gladly spend the time to see it resolved even if it cost me more $$$ than I would be saving. $4k is not that big of deal but it's the principal in this situation that matters.

I'll be posting a link to this thread on northamericanmotoring.com in the Nebraska section. I'm sure there are many MINI owners who would like to help their big brothers.

Good luck!

EDIT: Saw the story on Autoblog
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #112
cristios01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1979 Bavaria (3.0s_

So this dealer group, Husker Auto Group, bills themselves as the official dealer of Cornhusker football. I would strongly urge people to consider contacting the University of Nebraska and tell them to stop liscensing their rights to unethical sleazes! Call the both athletic department and the chancellor/ presidents office- and if their are any alumni watching this-call and let your school know that doing business with crooks is not acceptable.

Anyone from Nebraska should also consider contacting their local legislators. If the state's autodealers association starts getting questions from electeds about the behavior of a major car dealer they will put some pressure on them to resolve this kind of situation. It may seems trivial to contact an elected about something like this, but they have the power to tighten the state's consumer protection laws next session and trust me- the state's autodealers don't want to see that!

There is my two cents...or four...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #113
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Supercharged Ford Granada

Wink

You need to log a complaint with the NEBRASKA DMV. Chances are they will have the power put the dealer's nutz in a vice over their deceptive practices and be able to warn them that their dealer's license will be pulled for being shady like Elliot Sptizer and Bill Clinton with a wad of 20's in a whore house.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #114
SMSgt B
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M4 G83; '23 M850i

Garage List
2022 BMW M4  [0.00]
Dude,

Sorry to hear what is happening. Anyway, I looked up TV stations in Lincoln and found you can send in stories via e-mail. Why don't you send them the link to this thread....maybe get some local air time there. Here is their address

8@klkntv.com

http://www.klkntv.com/Global/story.a...nav=menu96_6_4

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #115
yahtzee
El Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristios01 View Post
So this dealer group, Husker Auto Group, bills themselves as the official dealer of Cornhusker football. I would strongly urge people to consider contacting the University of Nebraska and tell them to stop liscensing their rights to unethical sleazes! Call the both athletic department and the chancellor/ presidents office- and if their are any alumni watching this-call and let your school know that doing business with crooks is not acceptable.

Anyone from Nebraska should also consider contacting their local legislators. If the state's autodealers association starts getting questions from electeds about the behavior of a major car dealer they will put some pressure on them to resolve this kind of situation. It may seems trivial to contact an elected about something like this, but they have the power to tighten the state's consumer protection laws next session and trust me- the state's autodealers don't want to see that!

There is my two cents...or four...
That holds a lot of value in their eyes, I'm sure. They are shaking after realizing that people are digging up stuff like this.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #116
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Hey awesome dooma! I got your PM - looks like the Autoblog suggestion worked! Watch - this is going to go all over the internet now. This dealer will have no choice but to honor the deal soon - this is great. The power of the internet!

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #117
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I emailed the shady dealer and also Dugg the story. I have a feeling you will have good news tomorrow from the dealer. The whole internet has caught on to this story and it will be in the dealership's best interest to make this story go away as fast as it came. The only way to make that happen is to honor their auction.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #118
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky_soldier View Post
military price is about $4800 off.
Off invoice? Or MSRP?

Ok maybe I'm wrong. If not military price, though, then let's put it this way - he's at about what ED invoice price would be, if BMW offered ED pricing for M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #119
Illan
Rep
Drives: MB 190e

[QUOTE= Michael Barett (At BMW of Nebraska) calls and nervously tells me the auction was a “mistake”.
I[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for Michael These "mistakes" cost money(this apply for any business). so its time for the dealer to swallow the bill and their pride and give your new M3. i Hope you enjoy your new M3 because that car is yours
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #120
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
OK.
I just got done emailing

Channel 8 news
The Consumerist
Motortrend

Some others have contacted Car & Driver, other car forums, blogs, etc.
I think its important to strike when its hot. No time to wait for ebay, I have already let the dealership know of this post and autoblog, so Im ready to go monday.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #121
bolmedias14
Dooma350 Supporter!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: N/A (I'm only like 16!)

To anyone who plays PMOG, I have created a mission which goes to: the Autoblog article; this very thread; the Digg page; the actual listing for the M3. Yeah, I know that what I've done may sound kinda lame, but I'm only 16, and I'm doing what I can to help.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #122
jasonintoronto
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe (sold)

shameful behaviour on the dealers part. am also linking and digging the story on autoblog
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #123
mduval1988
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Jet Black M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolmedias14 View Post
To anyone who plays PMOG, I have created a mission which goes to: the Autoblog article; this very thread; the Digg page; the actual listing for the M3. Yeah, I know that what I've done may sound kinda lame, but I'm only 16, and I'm doing what I can to help.
Any help is good help. Keep at it
-Premium Package-Technology Package-19" Wheels
Yeah Bitch! That was a sedan that just passed you!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #124
max4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5

Just joined in after read the story on Autoblog. Don't let this one go dude - this car is YOURS! You have the power of the INTERNET supporting you!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #125
ddsm3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330ci

Awsome thread. I hope you get your m3 at 60k. I hate shady dealers that try to rip people off. They should honor the sale. If it were the other way around they would take legal action against you.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #126
mooseman
Rep
Drives: 318ti

Very sad to see the morals and ethics on display here...

I know this is my first post, and the only thing I have in common, apparently, with any of you is that I own a BMW, which I enjoy driving.

But, as far as this situation goes, here is my take: I find the whole ordeal disgusting. I've been to a restaurant where the waiter gave me change for $100 when I paid with a $50. Naturally I returned the money. I've been at the bank where the teller gave me more money than the check I cashed. I obviously returned the money.

Here, we have a very analogous situation. You were bidding on the car with full knowledge that the vehicle was listed for less than invoice. You knew it was most likely a mistake. Did you e-mail the lister to find out if they intended to sell it under invoice? No, you wanted to profit from the mistake of another.

Now you want to post in here about how the dealer "screwed" you. Although I don't know what they have "cost" you in refusing to "honor" what was obviously a mistake on part of an agent of their organization. Rather than sympathize with the poor bastard who might lose his job in this worsening economy, all you can do is pout and pitch a tantrum like a 4 year old.

Seriously, and what is worse the constant support from others in here who believe that you are somehow "owed" that deal. Am I the only person who find you a morally reprehensible spoiled brat?

No wonder I never get anywhere in this world. I'm too worried about morals, ethics, principles, empathy and the other useless traits that tend to keep good guys down.

Good luck with your purchase, I hope you get your car, but it won't be worth what you paid for it, namely your humanity.

Last edited by mooseman; 03-23-2008 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #127
bolmedias14
Dooma350 Supporter!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduval1988 View Post
Any help is good help. Keep at it
TY, but I have no idea where else to post about it now!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #128
ucla1995
Slow and low
Rep
Drives: M5

These guys will fold tomorrow. $6500 isn't worth the kind of heat they're taking I'm sure.

Last edited by ucla1995; 03-23-2008 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #129
bolmedias14
Dooma350 Supporter!
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1995 View Post
These guys will fold tomorrow. $6500 isn't worth the kind of head they're taking I'm sure.
We can only hope...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #130
TimVFR
Registered
Rep
Drives: Dodge

Just joined to show some support after reading the Autoblog story. The dealer needs to own up to their "mistake". Any dealership will still make some money from selling a car even below cost, usually an advertising "bonus" to the dealer. Just not the kind of money they want to make. Don't give up the fight!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #131
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

stealerships make millions and they want to cry over a mistake that will only cost them a few thousand and who knows how much more in bad pub. one bad transaction isn't going to break them, but I'm sure that a lot of people that won't deal with any dealers in their network will cost them far more now.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #132
JerseyBeemer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Digg Reminder

Good way to spread the word is through digg...just a repost of the link here for ya...btw, did anyone actually look at the auction?
Some of those pictures are so bad they look like scanned newspaper...

http://digg.com/autos/Dealer_auction...n_t_honor_deal
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread