BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Help End Federal Marijuana Prohibition!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...juana/VfjCHHTN

Also click here to write to your politicians in congress to support House Resolution 499.

http://blog.norml.org/2013/03/12/tak...a-prohibition/

Your opinion counts, but only if you make it heard.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
SDSmain
Private
Rep
Drives: ///M / AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
What's soo funny?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List

Do you realize how many petitions there are for this? Wont ever happen.
      03-24-2013, 02:56 AM   #4
SDSmain
Private
Rep

Quote:
This plea; your federal government is never going to sanction legal marijuana (no matter how much your state governments look the other way)

But I digress, just one curious outsider’s viewpoint.
Doesn't matter legal or not people still going to smoke it, why not try at least, if it turns legal that's great for people, if not people are still going to smoke it.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #5
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Hundreds of billions of dollars are spent each year on the war on marijuana, with nothing to show for it. Prohibition does nothing to cut down on marijuana use or its availability to minors. Criminals such as mexican cartels are making large profits. This is money honest Americans could be earning and the government could be taxing. Also we are incarcerating honest Americans along with these criminals.

People underestimate the amount of money in the marijuana industry if the federal government were to tax all marijuana sales in the country, there would be no budget problems. In fact there would be a surplus to go into education and even funding for NASA. People spend alot of money on weed. I probably spend at least a grand on weed a month. Wiz Khalifa mentioned before he spends 10 grand a month on weed. There is simply no way to calculate how much tax revenue the government is losing out on, but there is no doubt it is a large number.

Cannabis is a very valuable resource in fact hemp is the first crop to reach the potential to exceed a billion dollars, this was back in 1938. We could make textiles out of hemp cheaper and more sustainably. Hemp is capable of replacing gasoline as our main fuel source. Hemp fuel is renewable and does not pollute the atmosphere like gasoline. Hemp seed is capable of sustainably feeding the world. Yes there are places outside of the U.S. where food is scarce, for those that are too ignorant/stupid to know that. The common American diet is far from sustainable. We could eliminate deforestation. It takes trees many years to mature. Up to 300 hemp plants per square meter can be grown each year, and they can grow 20 feet tall. Hemp paper is more durable than paper made from trees.

We could make plastic, paper, rope, cloth, concrete, wood, medicine, food and more out of hemp. You can make a car entirely out of hemp and power it with hemp. In fact Henry Ford originally made his Model T from hemp plastic and intended on using hemp as the fuel source.

You all drive BMW's, alot of the plastic interior panels are made from hemp plastic, yes your car is made out of weed.

We could benefit from this plant so much as individuals, as states, as a country, our whole planet could benefit from this amazing plant. It has healing properties both for humans and also the environment we live in.

God created all seed bearing plants, man created alcohol.

To those that say these surveys are pointless. It only takes a few minutes of your time(I wonder why Americans are stereotyped for being lazy), and even if nothing happens at least they know this is an issue people are concerned about and expressing their opinion on. There has been alot of progress in the last few months in the marijuana movement, times are changing and slowly people are become less ignorant and becoming more educated on the real problems facing our world, no I am not just talking about legalizing marijuana. There are alot of problems with the way our world is run, we could either pretend everything is perfect or acknowledge and fix the problem.

If you doubt anything I have to say https://www.google.com
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #6
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List

People have been arguing this for a long time. Its not going to happen. The more weed petitions there are, the less likely any other petitions will be taken seriously as well.
      03-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
Hundreds of billions of dollars are spent each year on the war on marijuana, with nothing to show for it. Prohibition does nothing to cut down on marijuana use or its availability to minors. Criminals such as mexican cartels are making large profits. This is money honest Americans could be earning and the government could be taxing. Also we are incarcerating honest Americans along with these criminals.

People underestimate the amount of money in the marijuana industry if the federal government were to tax all marijuana sales in the country, there would be no budget problems. In fact there would be a surplus to go into education and even funding for NASA. People spend alot of money on weed. I probably spend at least a grand on weed a month. Wiz Khalifa mentioned before he spends 10 grand a month on weed. There is simply no way to calculate how much tax revenue the government is losing out on, but there is no doubt it is a large number.

Cannabis is a very valuable resource in fact hemp is the first crop to reach the potential to exceed a billion dollars, this was back in 1938. We could make textiles out of hemp cheaper and more sustainably. Hemp is capable of replacing gasoline as our main fuel source. Hemp fuel is renewable and does not pollute the atmosphere like gasoline. Hemp seed is capable of sustainably feeding the world. Yes there are places outside of the U.S. where food is scarce, for those that are too ignorant/stupid to know that. The common American diet is far from sustainable. We could eliminate deforestation. It takes trees many years to mature. Up to 300 hemp plants per square meter can be grown each year, and they can grow 20 feet tall. Hemp paper is more durable than paper made from trees.

We could make plastic, paper, rope, cloth, concrete, wood, medicine, food and more out of hemp. You can make a car entirely out of hemp and power it with hemp. In fact Henry Ford originally made his Model T from hemp plastic and intended on using hemp as the fuel source.

You all drive BMW's, alot of the plastic interior panels are made from hemp plastic, yes your car is made out of weed.

We could benefit from this plant so much as individuals, as states, as a country, our whole planet could benefit from this amazing plant. It has healing properties both for humans and also the environment we live in.

God created all seed bearing plants, man created alcohol.

To those that say these surveys are pointless. It only takes a few minutes of your time(I wonder why Americans are stereotyped for being lazy), and even if nothing happens at least they know this is an issue people are concerned about and expressing their opinion on. There has been alot of progress in the last few months in the marijuana movement, times are changing and slowly people are become less ignorant and becoming more educated on the real problems facing our world, no I am not just talking about legalizing marijuana. There are alot of problems with the way our world is run, we could either pretend everything is perfect or acknowledge and fix the problem.

If you doubt anything I have to say https://www.google.com
Nobody is arguing the benefits (medicinal, industrial or financial) of weed. Everyone knows already. The info is out there for anyone who want it and cannabis is one of the most studied plants in the world. Instead we're arguing the legitimacy of trying to get everyone to sign the 38479634807563408th petition to legalize weed, which even if half of the USA signed, would still probably be ignored by the lawmakers.

You're wasting your time with this petition man. Smoke a joint and try to feel better about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Nobody is arguing the benefits (medicinal, industrial or financial) of weed. Everyone knows already. The info is out there for anyone who want it and cannabis is one of the most studied plants in the world. Instead we're arguing the legitimacy of trying to get everyone to sign the 38479634807563408th petition to legalize weed, which even if half of the USA signed, would still probably be ignored by the lawmakers.

You're wasting your time with this petition man. Smoke a joint and try to feel better about it.
Its not even my petition I just took 2 seconds to sign it. I honestly don't care if anything happens as a result, at least I tried.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

If this isn't an issue you are concerned about that tells me alot about yourself. It means you are unwilling to change, and unwilling to stand up for yourself. This is a major problem. You may not realize it now. When the world goes to shit because we ruined it then you'll realize, or you might die before that, but your children will have to deal with it, that is just selfish. We could improve so much in this world but only if we are willing to realize the flaws in our ways and correct them.

For those of you that don't even smoke weed let me put this in a way you can understand.

We all have hobbies right? Is your hobby safe, both for you and for others? Do you enjoy it? If you answered yes to all of the above what if that hobby was all of a sudden made illegal for some stupid reason and the government wasted hundreds of billions of dollars each year enforcing it. That would be pretty stupid right?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post

People have been arguing this for a long time. Its not going to happen. The more weed petitions there are, the less likely any other petitions will be taken seriously as well.
So why take the time to look up a stupid meme and post on this thread if you are to lazy to even read it.

Hemp was once legal in the U.S.you could pay your taxes in hemp, and at one point in time it was illegal not to grow hemp, this was of course before the times of big business and greed.

“It's just the stupidest law possible... You're just making criminals out of people who aren't engaged in criminal activity. And we're spending zillions of dollars trying to fight a war we can't win! We could make zillions, just legalize it and tax it like we do liquor. It's stupid.” Morgan Freeman
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its not even my petition I just took 2 seconds to sign it. I honestly don't care if anything happens as a result, at least I tried.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

If this isn't an issue you are concerned about that tells me alot about yourself. It means you are unwilling to change, and unwilling to stand up for yourself. This is a major problem. You may not realize it now. When the world goes to shit because we ruined it then you'll realize, or you might die before that, but your children will have to deal with it, that is just selfish. We could improve so much in this world but only if we are willing to realize the flaws in our ways and correct them.
Since we are busy throwing around loosely-associated Einstein quotes, let me give you one more:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
-Albert Einstein

Don't pretend to know how I feel about this issue. Ive probably smoked more pot than you will ever see in your entire life. It's because of this that I know a) trying to change the minds of people who are paid to think a certain way about weed is useless (unless you can pay more) and b) legalization petitions don't work because everyone who doesn't smoke sees it as a non-issue, and doesn't listen to stoners. That is why almost every petition to legalize weed on the federal level has been ignored. Not criticized in the media, not voted down, but ignored.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

This is one of those topics in so tired of. Like it was said, the government doesn't care what Americans really want right now, they will do what they want. Why don't you put your effort into over throwing the government instead, you might get farther.
I was opposed to legalizing but gave up cause of all the whining. I think pot smokers look stupid, and know it all's, and i just want them to shut up already.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #13
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Since we are busy throwing around loosely-associated Einstein quotes, let me give you one more:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
-Albert Einstein

Don't pretend to know how I feel about this issue. Ive probably smoked more pot than you will ever see in your entire life. It's because of this that I know a) trying to change the minds of people who are paid to think a certain way about weed is useless (unless you can pay more) and b) legalization petitions don't work because everyone who doesn't smoke sees it as a non-issue, and doesn't listen to stoners. That is why almost every petition to legalize weed on the federal level has been ignored. Not criticized in the media, not voted down, but ignored.
I am not expecting different results. Not one thing is going to make weed legal I know that. We just need progress. It The feds already know marijuana is an issue that everyone is talking about. It is getting to the point that they can't ignore it anymore. There are alot of politicians that are now willing to express their opinion on marijuana and that hasn't happened in the past.

Everyday there is news on this website of progress being made every day
http://www.thedailychronic.net

If there is nothing wrong with marijuana and you supposedly smoked more "pot" than I've ever seen in my life, why are you arguing against it? People like you are the reason why marijuana is illegal. People are just too scared or stupid to stand up for what they believe in I guess.

And they actually did reply to a petition on marijuana legalization a while back
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/res...tion-marijuana

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
I was opposed to legalizing but gave up cause of all the whining. I think pot smokers look stupid, and know it all's, and i just want them to shut up already.
Why do they look like stupid know it alls? I would much rather deal with a pothead than a drunkard.

It will eventually be legalized, and more and more americans are becoming in favor of it, not necessarily because they even care about smoking, but because it should be your right to do what you want to your own body in the comfort of your own home. Just like it's your right to own a gun, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes and get cancer, and eat yourself to death with fast food, as long as it doesn't infringe on others' rights.

We do not need to become a nanny state like Britain (sorry, chaps). Even though it's slow to get the ball rolling, just like it was with alcohol prohibition back in the day, I have no doubt that it will eventually be legalized and recognized as a personal right, even if it takes much longer than many "stoners" hope it will.

Also, that insanity quote did not originate with Einstein. Over the years it has been attributed to him, Chinese proverbs, and other sources. It actually originated with Alcoholics Anonymous lol. I don't believe it applies to this because things do change. 20 years ago, would you have believed that even states governments would have allowed medical, or even decriminalized marijuana?

Just my take. I did my fair share of drugs in college and don't really partake any more. But I think it's your own damn business what you do on the weekends.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
This is one of those topics in so tired of. Like it was said, the government doesn't care what Americans really want right now, they will do what they want. Why don't you put your effort into over throwing the government instead, you might get farther.
Yes the government doesn't care about us, that is the point. If we let them tell us what we can and can't do and take away our liberties now, they will continue to do so. You are stereotyping pot smokers too much. Some are probably much smarter than you'll ever be. Some are probably just flat out stupid. You can't judge a person based on the fact that they smoke a plant.

You didn't have to even click on this thread, and the fact that you clicked on it, possibly read it, and posted complaining that your tired of hearing about this says something.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

is thc illegal? perhaps just buy a crate of cupcakes from amsterdam.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #17
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
is thc illegal? perhaps just buy a crate of cupcakes from amsterdam.
Yes THC is illegal. The funny thing is the U.S. government patented cannabinoids in 2003.

U.S. Patent # 6630507
In 2003, the U.S. Government as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services filed for, and was awarded a patent on cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants. U.S. Patent 6630507

Abstract
Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #18
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am not expecting different results. Not one thing is going to make weed legal I know that. We just need progress. It The feds already know marijuana is an issue that everyone is talking about. It is getting to the point that they can't ignore it anymore. There are alot of politicians that are now willing to express their opinion on marijuana and that hasn't happened in the past.

Everyday there is news on this website of progress being made every day
http://www.thedailychronic.net

If there is nothing wrong with marijuana and you supposedly smoked more "pot" than I've ever seen in my life, why are you arguing against it? People like you are the reason why marijuana is illegal. People are just too scared or stupid to stand up for what they believe in I guess.

And they actually did reply to a petition on marijuana legalization a while back
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/res...tion-marijuana

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
― Albert Einstein
Where did I say that I either opposed marijuana legalization or that I wouldn't stand up for it? All I said was that you're wasting your time. Both by signing a petition which won't go anywhere and also by coming onto an online forum preaching to people about things which they already know, citing statistics which they have already heard and asking them to do things which they already would have done if they saw the merit or gave a hoot.

These forums see marijuana discussions regularly and if you'll read those old threads you'll see that most of us DO support pot legalization or smoke. We're also tired of these threads turning up every month when we know that things aren't going to change for some time and that some redundant, silly petition isn't going to be the game-changer that makes capitol hill suddenly forget who's paying them. As the guy above me put it you're beating a dead horse.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
SDSmain
Private
Rep

Quote:
Doesn't matter? So then what's the point of this petition and your original question as to what was funny?

We are talking about the legality of cannabis
Yeah doesn't matter. The govt is in a shit hole, might as well make it legal and collect tax and pay of the fucking debt. I know A lot of people that spend thousands on thousands on weed per month and their pretty successfull. The govt could make a lot of tax money, people are going to smoke no matter what
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #20
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes the government doesn't care about us, that is the point. If we let them tell us what we can and can't do and take away our liberties now, they will continue to do so. You are stereotyping pot smokers too much. Some are probably much smarter than you'll ever be. Some are probably just flat out stupid. You can't judge a person based on the fact that they smoke a plant.

You didn't have to even click on this thread, and the fact that you clicked on it, possibly read it, and posted complaining that your tired of hearing about this says something.
I voiced my opinion just like you did on this forum. America didn't care about your topic, its a fact.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #21
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I voiced my opinion just like you did on this forum. America didn't care about your topic, its a fact.
Not even going to waste my time on you, you are not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #22
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not even going to waste my time on you, you are not worth it.
are you saying gay marriage and abortion is less of a topic then marijuana?
that is my main problem with this topic, there are alot more serious topics then someone being able to smoke up to deal with right now.
Appreciate 0