BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

07-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #89
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3
I won't mention names but two friends of mine running e90 m3 - one with bpm tune and the other with ess tune decided to race. Both stock exhausts different wheels. I remember this outcome very clearly because it shocked all 3 of us. Any guesses ? ...
Wait for it. .... Race was dead even. 3 pulls.
Yes mike is a nice and friendly guy but end of the day there is only so much you can squeeze out of a stock motor.
Didn't know we claimed to squeeze more power than everyone else at WOT... :

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #90
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
I see you continue to post and continue to ignore my requests in this thread and via PM for you to send me you’re VIN so I can verify that you are actually a customer running our tune as you claim to be. Would you care to explain why this is? For someone who took the time to start this thread and continues to be active in it and someone who is concerned with the activity of their tuner on the forums im surprised you continue to ignore my simple request. If you refuse to do so im going to assume you are not who you say you are and that the reasons for your thread have nothing to do with your personal interest. I really hope this is not the case.
I smell a TROLL.
OP better follow-up on this.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 03:44 AM   #91
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

People who buy the tunes they do for a specific reason, and most people are happy with what they have. I have a good friend who has an Evolve tune and he loves it. I have BPM, and I absolutely cherish mine. The tunes make around the same HP. It just comes down to overall user experience.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #92
Gpeck14
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Hey guys I recently converted from Audi to BMW and I'm new to the boards. I had a B7 S4 with an APR that cost $500...and I was happy with. Two weeks ago I purchased a stock E92 with only 6k miles. I want to do a tune when I get my x-pipe but I'm still having a hard time justifying almost 2k for an engine and DCT tune....I'm sorry it's a little off subject but I was wondering if any of you guys(tuners) offer specials or discounts sales anytime throughout the year? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #93
Longwong
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 catless

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I smell a TROLL.
OP better follow-up on this.

Why do I have to prove to ESS ONLY when they come chiming in trying to be helpful after I post something regarding how the service with other tuners bringing other products is something that has swayed me to look at other options? Why do people feel there is anything wrong with using a forum to voice an opinion. I don't have to prove to ESS anything. They were not here on the forum offering updates or anything to their customers such as BPM did. So what? I appreciate a tuner offering cool stuff without even asking such as servo etc. If you read my post I did NOT claim ESS tune had any problem, made any less power and did not say anything negative about them but rather they were less involved which is true.

Honestly do you really think I have some random other "v1" and "v2" that I have ran in my car? Its just silly for me to prove anything to them and I am not interested in someone trying to "help me" AFTER I make a post that puts their sales at risk. Where were they before?

Again I did not complain, say anything negative but rather stated an opinion and question whether anyone else was appreciating bmp bringing new services and more attentions. Both tunes make equal hp. I get that. I am happy with the hp of the car but I like the neat stuff and coding bpm brings.

Why is this some burden of proof to prove myself to anyone. Its a forum and I ask the question. Funny Roman had the time to start sending me messages and posting negatively about me in this thread but where are they for all the frequent questions that BPM responds to, products they offer or even something as little as when Sal and BPM came up with servo and bpm with cheap dct tuning for their existing owners, they did not as little as make a comment or thread to their ESS customers of what they would do to bolster their current customers and compete with the others.

So if all this is somehow "wrong" than clearly a board like this has lost any useful purpose. Filtering information or opinion that is not inflammatory or rude is ridiculous and I have been respectful to every tuner in every post.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #94
Longwong
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 catless

Also sending my VIN to Roman for what? I don't have a problem with the tune but all of the other stuff mentioned. If you can tell me how verifying a VIN will fix those problems of lack of involvement in NA application posts, lack of offering of servo and frequent coding offerings, cheaper dct software to customers which was NEVER on the table before now apparently (per roman). Then people jump on saying I need to prove I have a tune. Even if the case were I did not have a tune-anyone reading the board could see BPM and evolve are both so much more involved. Why can't I or anyone prefer at tuner who is still obviously excited about the NA applications. ESS really ONLY chimes in during supercharger debates, or atleast for the most part. That is where the money is. Evolve and BPM seem active in all discussion and interested in the NA side very often.

So I don't have the right to pose a question if others feel the same about enjoying working with a tuner that still actively is into the NA stuff? If that is somehow a problem than it makes no sense
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #95
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longwong
I think everyone knows dinan products never make
any power except for the catless xpipe (as that is simply physics) or their stroker kit (which made less power than advertised surprise surprise). Don't think anyone who knows anything on this board goes dinan for a tune.

I would be interested. If a tuner really thought their product was as good or better than anyone else, than why not show everyone?

I am more interested in seeing the data logging as that is ALWAYS missing from all these dynos that people post. I almost feel a dyno is useless without data logging when you are looking to find 10-15 hp given if a car is pulling a few degrees of timing that could account for 15 hp and thus what is the dyno actually showing?
I'm tired of all of the pontificating tuners who never post any data to back it up. They'll go on for pages and pages about "how things work" but they never post any data logs to prove it. At least a few of us post it. Me and my friends aren't afraid to post all of our data and data logs. ESS has never told us not to
post it either. I just wish others would do the same.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #96
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
I'm tired of all of the pontificating tuners who never post any data to back it up. They'll go on for pages and pages about "how things work" but they never post any data logs to prove it. At least a few of us post it. Me and my friends aren't afraid to post all of our data and data logs. ESS has never told us not to
post it either. I just wish others would do the same.
THIS
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #97
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
I see you continue to post and continue to ignore my requests in this thread and via PM for you to send me you’re VIN so I can verify that you are actually a customer running our tune as you claim to be. Would you care to explain why this is? For someone who took the time to start this thread and continues to be active in it and someone who is concerned with the activity of their tuner on the forums im surprised you continue to ignore my simple request. If you refuse to do so im going to assume you are not who you say you are and that the reasons for your thread have nothing to do with your personal interest. I really hope this is not the case.
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #98
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #99
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longwong View Post
Why do I have to prove to ESS ONLY when they come chiming in trying to be helpful after I post something regarding how the service with other tuners bringing other products is something that has swayed me to look at other options? Why do people feel there is anything wrong with using a forum to voice an opinion. I don't have to prove to ESS anything. They were not here on the forum offering updates or anything to their customers such as BPM did. So what? I appreciate a tuner offering cool stuff without even asking such as servo etc. If you read my post I did NOT claim ESS tune had any problem, made any less power and did not say anything negative about them but rather they were less involved which is true.

Honestly do you really think I have some random other "v1" and "v2" that I have ran in my car? Its just silly for me to prove anything to them and I am not interested in someone trying to "help me" AFTER I make a post that puts their sales at risk. Where were they before?

Again I did not complain, say anything negative but rather stated an opinion and question whether anyone else was appreciating bmp bringing new services and more attentions. Both tunes make equal hp. I get that. I am happy with the hp of the car but I like the neat stuff and coding bpm brings.

Why is this some burden of proof to prove myself to anyone. Its a forum and I ask the question. Funny Roman had the time to start sending me messages and posting negatively about me in this thread but where are they for all the frequent questions that BPM responds to, products they offer or even something as little as when Sal and BPM came up with servo and bpm with cheap dct tuning for their existing owners, they did not as little as make a comment or thread to their ESS customers of what they would do to bolster their current customers and compete with the others.

So if all this is somehow "wrong" than clearly a board like this has lost any useful purpose. Filtering information or opinion that is not inflammatory or rude is ridiculous and I have been respectful to every tuner in every post.
Thank you for confirming my suspicions about you and your post. I think you have made it very clear what your thread is really all about. Now that you have all but admitted you do not really have our tune I won't waste any more of my time acknowledging you or your posts. Good luck with whatever agenda you are attempting to fulfill.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #100
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Sooo... No NA Tuner shootout?
      07-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #101
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
IMG, where would you do all the dyno sessions at?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #102
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longwong View Post
Why does this have to be a war? Sounds like a blast between a fun community. Let everyone's work speak for itself. Not everyone can be equal and there is always someone with a better product over the next guy, albeit a small margin in this case.

If ess was this active usually than I probably would never have had an issue but the servo was the last straw as I really have wanted this and not even a comment that they would bring this to their users who paid 1k for a tune just like every other tuners.

F-ing troll... Go away dude.
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #103
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Longwong I think you should just PM them your vin.. It's only in your favor if you are a customer. Or show a charge from your credit card or payment method you used. That will only add credibility instead of scraping any that you had...

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #104
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
This is ridicules! stopped following...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #105
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpeck14 View Post
Hey guys I recently converted from Audi to BMW and I'm new to the boards. I had a B7 S4 with an APR that cost $500...and I was happy with. Two weeks ago I purchased a stock E92 with only 6k miles. I want to do a tune when I get my x-pipe but I'm still having a hard time justifying almost 2k for an engine and DCT tune....I'm sorry it's a little off subject but I was wondering if any of you guys(tuners) offer specials or discounts sales anytime throughout the year? Thanks
You can start by saving $1k by going with test pipes instead of an X-pipe! I have the Turner ones and I'm pretty happy with it!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread