BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-17-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
Landman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 m3 Jet Black DCT

Carfax Questions

Would any of you be concerned about a carfax report that lists the car being "Serviced" with 1,102 miles on it 2 months after being bought, followed by a month later saying "Vehicle Serviced" again. There is a third "Vehicle Serviced" 9 months after that at 10,400 miles. I'm assuming that one is an oil change but what could the other two be?

Furthermore, the vehicle was "Sold as a BMW Certified Pre Owned Vehicle" in May of last year and just this week was traded into a Toyota dealership only 10 months later. Anyone think that is something to be concerned with? Or am I just being too paranoid?

Finally, if I was to buy this car (carfax says has two months left on warranty), would I be able to take this m3 to my local dealership and possibly have them CPO it for negotiated rate? I'm not quite sure how all the CPO/extended warranty stuff works.

Again, thanks for everyone's willingness to help out a newbie.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 09:20 PM   #2
NashvegasR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 F83

M3's actually have a required service at 1200 miles, so a service at 1k is good. I think this is a good sign not a bad sign.

Also -- I imagine that a fair amount of ppl go buy an M3, and their "better half" is not happy. People get pregnant, have kids, get divorces, etc... and M3's are on the wife chopping block if you know what I mean.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 09:49 PM   #3
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

If you want a detailed report, take the VIN to your BMW dealer and ask them nicely to tell you the service history. Most dealers will not print it out but if you get them when they're not too busy, they might oblige. Helps to build that rapport with an SA as well.

You can also ask the BMW dealer and the Toyota dealer to do a PPI. That's the closest you'll get to CPO since the BMW dealer is not selling the car and has no interest in spending that amount of time going through the CPO process.

With the service history, this will belay fears or help make an educated decision on how to proceed.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 12:27 AM   #4
hawkm3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Could it just mean the m3 had its oiled changed at those times and other times the owner did it? Just a thought.
Appreciate 0