BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-19-2013, 04:57 AM   #67
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

#ZeroCompetition

Last edited by BMW269; 11-19-2013 at 05:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #68
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi

#ZeroCompetition

Amazing lap!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #69
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

2014 Nissan GT-R

YOKOHAMA, Japan (November 19, 2013) - Evolution never stops for the Nissan GT-R. Nissan's iconic sports car brings a refreshed vision of "innovation that excites" with the introduction of the 2014 model offering a new level of sophistication, yet with no compromise in performance.

The sales of 2014 Nissan GT-R begin in Japan on December 2, to be followed by sales at Nissan dealerships in other markets worldwide.

The 2014 Nissan GT-R offers smoother ride comfort, more refinement and benchmark fit and finish, in the spirit of a great "GT", while delivering breathtaking performance and road-holding. Its "multi-dimensional performance" means the driver can enjoy the full depth of the GT-R's capabilities, whether navigating corners of a winding mountain road, cruising on the highway or even in an urban environment.

Adding premium appeal to the exterior and interior design, the 2014 Nissan GT-R delivers sophisticated driving pleasure and is the ultimate embodiment of Nissan's brand philosophy: "innovation that excites."

2014 Nissan GT-R Overview
Outstanding performance meets a new level of sophistication

Mechanical Updates
Chassis
With outstanding adhesion from its tires, the GT-R is capable of stunning confident acceleration and braking performance
•The suspension was fine-tuned to reduced load fluctuation between the four wheels, giving better stability and more consistent grip.
•More constant tire contact is achieved by optimized electronic control of the shock-absorber valves, as well as modified front stabilizer spring rates and updated bush link. The tuning of these parts, which makes best use of the suspension strokes and enhances road-holding capability, gives a poised, confident ride and outstanding traction on rough roads.
•With minute vibrations and road noise reduced, a relaxing, comfortable ride is assured. An additional benefit is improved straight-line stability, with fewer small steering corrections needed to maintain the correct trajectory during highway driving.
•The upgraded GT-R is now fitted as standard with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT 600 DSST CTT tires, for outstanding road-holding and precise response in all conditions thanks to stiffer sidewalls which reduce deformation, improving steering response under hard cornering. At the front, their specification is: 255/40ZRF20(97Y) and at the rear: 285/35ZRF20(100Y)
•The braking calibration has been retuned for a more firm, linear response at everyday speeds, making smooth braking more intuitive, generating greater confidence, particularly in wet conditions.
•The GT-R's steering has been fine-tuned to reduce the effort required for in-town maneuvers, while maintaining its exceptional feedback during high-speed driving. The combination of retuned suspension and exceptional steering feel give outstanding fconfidence at high speed.

Exterior design
Dazzling motion when standing still

The 2014 Nissan GT-R maintains its position as one of the most striking supercars in the market. Significant updates to the Nissan GT-R's lights both enhance the visual impact of the car. Customers looking for added visual impact now have a wider color palette to choose from.
•The 2014 Nissan GT-R sports new efficient, high-intensity, multi-LED headlights that create a distinctive "lightning" motif, generating a striking exterior visual signature. With such a unique visual reference, the GT-R's road presence is enhanced, particularly in low-light and at night - while the fitment of the new headlights gives the driver increased visibility.
•The new headlights feature AFS (Adaptive Front lighting System*) that automatically adapts the angle of the light beam according to the speed of the car. At highway speeds, actuators in the headlight unit adjust the angle of the projectors to project the light further. The four LED units are configured with new intensive LED hi-beam and three different LED low-beams including long-distance-illumination and wide-illumination.
•At the rear, the GT-R's distinctive four-ring tail light signature now forms coherent circles of illumination, giving the GT-R an equally distinctive appearance, making it easily recognizable to fellow owners and enthusiasts.
•Upon start up, the full new lighting signature is illuminated, creating a dramatic start-up procedure.
•Visual appeal is reinforced with the addition of a new body color called Gold Flake Red Pearl. As its name suggests, there are microscopic gold-tinted glass flakes infused into the red paint, creating a spectacular effect in the deep, lustrous paint as the light catches the finish.

Interior
Upscale cabin appointments

•Choice of three interior color schemes includes a new pale ivory trim option.
•The steering wheel is trimmed in leather, for premium tactility, while the part-aniline leather seats are further embellished with stitched accents, giving the ambience of a genuine GT designed for cross-continental, first-class travel.

Body construction
Advanced body construction

•To achieve the project's ambitious targets for high-speed handling and ride comfort, Nissan enhanced the level of precision-constructed body elements and advanced assembly methods to create the 2014 Nissan GT-R.
•Each part is made of materials selected for optimum performance: Precision-constructed, multi-material hybrid body combines steel, carbon fiber and die-cast aluminum to achieve high stiffness and light weight.
•Thanks to the rigidity of the GT-R's body construction, suspension precision is guaranteed while refinement is enhanced, resulting in exceptional cabin refinement even at high speeds and under hard cornering.
•Thanks to optimized insulation and acoustic tuning, even at high speeds, the occupants are able to enjoy the sporty engine sound.
•An optional carbon rear wing is offered, which is attached to a carbon trunk lid, giving a weight saving of half compared with the standard trunk lid.

*Adapative Front lighting System is unavailable in some regions.

Newsroom Nissan
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #70
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #71
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #72
speedaddictM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Wtf? 100K nissan is a hard sell, no way they take my money at that price. Used gt2 is less than that? Used 458? Used mclaren? Not a chance.
Get over your snobbishness. This car is superior to your beloved gt2/ferrari/mclaren. Unless you wanna bed a supermodel or are so worried about dining with your well heeled buddies in Monaco while driving "just a Nissan", there is no reason to own a gt2 or mclaren over the GTR Nismo.

Oh and let's be realistic, if someone can afford to drop $200k on a GTR Nismo, chances are they already have a garage full of Ferraris, porshes, Lambo, McLaren, Aston, etc. and this Nissan will be just another addition to the fleet.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #73
speedaddictM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
i have ever seen a car that keeps getting upgraded in the current generation as the GTR has. i mean the 2009 GTRs are shit to the 2013s. lol
Yeah, no kidding. Lol. The best reason not to buy a GTR is because next year's model will be even better!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #74
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedaddictM3 View Post
Get over your snobbishness. This car is superior to your beloved gt2/ferrari/mclaren. Unless you wanna bed a supermodel or are so worried about dining with your well heeled buddies in Monaco while driving "just a Nissan", there is no reason to own a gt2 or mclaren over the GTR Nismo.

Oh and let's be realistic, if someone can afford to drop $200k on a GTR Nismo, chances are they already have a garage full of Ferraris, porshes, Lambo, McLaren, Aston, etc. and this Nissan will be just another addition to the fleet.
exactly right they would choose those cars first and when they already had the good stuff they would say oh well lets buy a gtr?

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #75
speedaddictM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
exactly right they would choose those cars first and when they already had the good stuff they would say oh well lets buy a gtr?
You still haven't explained what exactly is so "good" about those cars other than having an expensive price tag and a fancy badge?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #76
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You still haven't explained what exactly is so "good" about those cars other than having an expensive price tag and a fancy badge?
guess i just dont know. isnt that i want them and not this enough? i would rather have a drivers car. the experience of getting from one turn to the next is important. my e46 track car is an example. i could have just bought a z06 and saved the hastle of building this.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #77
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Godzilla is not bullshitting. Porsche is pissed.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #78
speedaddictM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
guess i just dont know. isnt that i want them and not this enough? i would rather have a drivers car. the experience of getting from one turn to the next is important. my e46 track car is an example. i could have just bought a z06 and saved the hastle of building this.
If you want a "driver's car" then none of the new Ferraris, McLarens, or Porsches are any better than the GTR. Get yourself an old F40, F1, or 997 GT3 RS. All the new performance cars, other than maybe the Corvette, are computers on wheels.

Also you seem to be switching topics. Your first criticism was the price tag and the Nissan badge, not that it wasn't a "driver's car".
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #79
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you want a "driver's car" then none of the new Ferraris, McLarens, or Porsches are any better than the GTR. Get yourself an old F40, F1, or 997 GT3 RS. All the new performance cars, other than maybe the Corvette, are computers on wheels.
okay i will take a gt3rs actually looked for one before i built the e46. just couldnt justify the expense. no need to argue the gtr is a great performer but dont like that its a computer on wheels or its looks. my other next addition would be a c6 z06. but i like being faster than cars that are supposed to kick my ass so the m3 will do for now.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #80
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
okay i will take a gt3rs actually looked for one before i built the e46. just couldnt justify the expense. no need to argue the gtr is a great performer but dont like that its a computer on wheels or its looks. my other next addition would be a c6 z06. but i like being faster than cars that are supposed to kick my ass so the m3 will do for now.
Same story with MX-5 and new GT86/FR-S/BRZ.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #81
hansolo1019
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 528i

Quote:

Also you seem to be switching topics. Your first criticism was the price tag and the Nissan badge, not that it wasn't a "driver's car".
I think 1MOREMOD has no clue of what GT-R is.

stop making excuses, just give credit to GT-R.

It's amazing that how "Nissan" GT-R can able to compete against Porsche, Ferrari, and all other high end sports cars.

New 2015 version looks bit busy on exterior, but none the less, If I had a $200k, I will buy one.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #82
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansolo1019 View Post
I think 1MOREMOD has no clue of what GT-R is.

stop making excuses, just give credit to GT-R.

It's amazing that how "Nissan" GT-R can able to compete against Porsche, Ferrari, and all other high end sports cars.

New 2015 version looks bit busy on exterior, but none the less, If I had a $200k, I will buy one.
My initial criticism is of the price tag. If I'm spending 200K I would pick something else. That's great that it ran a 7:08 impressive, still don't want it. I gave credit to it. For some that lap time is all that matters. For others its the manner in which you get to that lap time. Its just a builders battle right now for supremacy and I don't really care about the new cars all that much.

How exactly is any of what your saying going to make me want one? Its just my opnion, you can have your own I will allow it.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #83
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Ring Times mean so little. They ran the car with so little gas it ran out on one lap. I think the exterior looks are improved except for the same ugly wheels. I think the the ivory interior looks much better as well. The car is an engineering marvel but not my cup of tea.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #84
hansolo1019
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 528i

Quote:
My initial criticism is of the price tag. If I'm spending 200K I would pick something else. That's great that it ran a 7:08 impressive, still don't want it. I gave credit to it. For some that lap time is all that matters. For others its the manner in which you get to that lap time. Its just a builders battle right now for supremacy and I don't really care about the new cars all that much.

How exactly is any of what your saying going to make me want one? Its just my opnion, you can have your own I will allow it.
My first few sentences were directly towards your past three responds, and rest were just me expressing my feeling. Don't get all twisted.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #85
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansolo1019 View Post
My first few sentences were directly towards your past three responds, and rest were just me expressing my feeling. Don't get all twisted.
Not twisted.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #86
F80M
Major
Rep
Drives: M Fap

is this coming gtr made in mexico???
Appreciate 0