BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust

Closed Thread

01-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

[ ESS tuning ] E9X M3 product overview

ESS is currently offering NA performance software and supercharger systems for the E9X M3.

With over 13 years of software tuning and FI development for BMW's we have continued to engineer some of the industries best performance products.

NA tuning

Our NA performance software is the result of thousands of miles of testing and applying the knowledge learned from the development of our supercharger systems to make safe, reliable power. Our software is designed to also improve the driveability of the E9X M3 providing smooth power delivery and accurate throttle response.

Features :

-8500RPM limit "custom limit available upon request"
-Removed top speed governor
-Reprogrammed torque management
-Reprogrammed throttle response
-Reprogrammed ignition, vanos and fuel parameters for optimum operation
-Typical performance increase is +10hp and 10ft/lbs of torque with software alone on 91US/95Euro octane fuel
-Typical performance increase is +12hp and 12ft/lbs of torque with software alone on 93US/98Euro octane fuel
-Compatible with performance cat-back exhaust systems
-Header software available upon request
-Available for both US and European specification cars
-Custom tuning available upon request

Retail price $995

* M3post members price $749

* Enter promo code "m3post" when ordering online.

" CA customers can have our software flash installed at http://www.raceprecision.com/2009/ for a full list of authorized flash locations please visit http://www.esstuning.com/pages/Dealers.html "

Supercharger Systems

The next generation of the ESS supercharger is here. With thousands of miles of durability testing on the Nurburgring and on race tracks across Europe our new E9X M3 supercharger line up delivers a product that has been engineered and tested to perfection.

Featuring the newly developed, self contained Vortech V3 supercharger unit in Si trim which which is capable of up to 775hp. The E9x M3 supercharger system comes with a high capacity liquid intercooler system and especially developed cast aluminium manifold assembly with integrated heat exchanger in VT2 configuration. The VT1 non-intercooled configuration uses a similar cast aluminium manifold assembly without the integrated heat exchanger. Power development is 100% smooth and the car behaves just like stock until you demand power, then the car completely transform providing brutal acceleration normally reserved for pure race cars. Custom engine management software has been developed to insure 100% integration with all OEM functions. DCT equipped cars will receive custom software designed for the transmission to work properly with the added power.

The system maintains all OBD-II functions and it is backed by a comprehensive 2 year, unlimited mileage warranty program.

VT1-535 specs :
Price : USD $8,995
Boost pressure: 4.5 PSI
Horsepower: 535 SAE
Torque: 370ft/lbs

VT2-575 specs :
Price : USD $12,995
Boost pressure: 5.5 PSI Intercooled
Horsepower: 575 SAE
Torque: 390ft/lbs

VT2-600 specs :
Price : USD $13,495
Boost pressure: 6.5 PSI Intercooled
Horsepower: 600 SAE
Torque: 400ft/lbs

For additioanl information on our NA software or supercharger systems please email Roman@esstuning.com or visit our website esstuning.com.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

I think I just made a poopy in my pants

Also, Great price point!

A few questions:

1. Does the price include installation?

2. What are the colors that one can choose for the intake manifold (I've seen a red one)?

3. Does the car have to be shipped to AZ or do you have an authorized installer in Northern VA?

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
sales@ESSTuning
Rep

I think I just made a poopy in my pants

Also, Great price point!

A few questions:

1. Does the price include installation?

The listed prices do not include installation.

2. What are the colors that one can choose for the intake manifold (I've seen a red one)?

We can arrange for custom finishes on manifolds thru IND if interested.

3. Does the car have to be shipped to AZ or do you have an authorized installer in Northern VA?

The kit can be installed by any qualified mechanic. We can also arrange for local installation here in AZ. We currently do not have an authorized dealer in VA.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Are all three kits safe to run on 91 octane?
      01-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Can you elaborate on the difference between VT1 and the other kits? I understand there is no intercooler, but what difference does this really make? There doesn't seem to be much of a power difference to warrant the much bigger price for the VT2.

Thanks.
      01-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

VT2-600 Requires 93 Octane or better

And the difference is cooling. VT1 has no cooling. I'm sure it works but more power more heat and the addition of a blower is more heat anyway.
Personally I wouldn't run a supercharger without any cooling so the price jump into VT2 is for a heat exchanger and charge cooler that comes with it.

The colored manifolds you guys saw floating around were done custom. I'm sure IND would be happy to do that for anyone interested in something other than the stock black from ESS
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 12:31 AM   #7
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Is there a NA tune for catless? That's a good price compared to the competition out there.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #8
tem0618
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Do we need to upgrade the clutch etc if we upgrade to a supercharger? Any other parts of the car we need to upgrade?

CF hood, CF Trunk, Supersprint Exhaust (x-pipes/mufflers) Active Autowerke pulley, Active Autowerke SSK, Brembo BBK, DPE S-10
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #9
sales@ESSTuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
Can you elaborate on the difference between VT1 and the other kits? I understand there is no intercooler, but what difference does this really make? There doesn't seem to be much of a power difference to warrant the much bigger price for the VT2.

Thanks.
VT1 runs lower boost and does not require our liquid to air cooling system. VT2 kits run higher boost and includes the cooling system. VT1-535 and VT2-575 can run 91 or 93 octane but VT2-600 requires 93.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Is there a NA tune for catless? That's a good price compared to the competition out there.
Yes

The supercharger kits are designed to operate on 100% stock cars. Additional mods such as exhaust systems and clutch upgrades are not needed but can be done if the customer chooses to do so.

Last edited by sales@ESSTuning; 01-12-2010 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 12:23 AM   #10
sales@ESSTuning
Rep

Dynojet:

NA performance software on 91 octane.

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
Swedish M3ffia
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 2011

does the tune only effect the functionality of the power button?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread