BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

launches

did about half a dozen zero to 60 runs today just messing around. How are people getting the best results for this? I have a 6mt and tried with mdm and dcs off both. My best launch was with mdm on and it left like crazy but a couple times i just went up in smoke or had trouble with the 1-2 shift which is a little tricky to do quickly with the long throw.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Diamond Skyline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: JDM

i haven't launched my coupe yet (don't like unnecessary abuse) but in my G35 coupe i used to shut traction control off.. rev to 4000-4500rpm.. and drop the clutch.. worked like a charm.. perfect launches every time

the thing i noticed doing 1st-2nd gear drops on the M3 is that it puts a lot of stress on tranny.. i nail them perfect every time but you can feel the force being exerted on the gear box.. i don't like doing it all the time

you plan on taking your car to a 1/4 track? if not, then don't stress it
'04 G35 Coupe (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

with traction control off completely rather than mdm i was up in smoke more than anything. Got it right once, and man was it right. I dont plan on tracking my car was just having fun. Dont want to abuse it either but just in case need to be ready for any one that wants to step up. oh did i mention i put in 101 trick fuel yesterday like PG did in his dyno runs. Fun stuff.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 12:53 AM   #4
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
with traction control off completely rather than mdm i was up in smoke more than anything. Got it right once, and man was it right. I dont plan on tracking my car was just having fun. Dont want to abuse it either but just in case need to be ready for any one that wants to step up. oh did i mention i put in 101 trick fuel yesterday like PG did in his dyno runs. Fun stuff.
this is not very wise considering you'll be doing this on public roads
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0