BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

01-23-2024, 10:51 AM   #1
Elliott_S
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

W204 C63 AMG / F8x Brake Retrofit Write-Up

So I chose to do the W204 C63 AMG front caliper along with the F80 rear caliper brake retrofit. Entire project ran me right under/at $2,000 USD for everything listed below.

Items needed:
-W204 C63 AMG front calipers
-F8x rear calipers
-F8x front and rear oem rotors (380mm/370mm)
-Freakyparts AMG 380mm brackets (comes with stainless HEL brake lines too)
-8 1/2” washers (2mm thickness each)
-Your choice of pads, fluid, rear brake lines (or can reuse oem ones)

Rotors: This is an extremely straight forward install as the F8x rotors are a direct bolt on to the E9x hubs, you can either reuse your rotor retaining bolts or buy new. Very minor bending of the rear dust shield for a few mm clearance was needed. I also had to mess around with the e-brake adjustments to not have it drag/still hold tight on the F8x rotors, works perfect now.

Front Calipers: You will need to dremel off a portion of the front dust shield from the bottom mounting bolt, this is it. Freakyparts sends new hardware (super nice bolts) and everything bolts right up. Attach new stainless lines and they’re ready to bleed.

Rear Calipers: I personally needed 4mm of washers for my rear calipers to be as centered as they could on the rotors. I’d read on forums that only 2mm was necessary, however, 4mm is definitely the better play (in pictures attached). Oem mounting bolts still had plenty of thread to grab on, I used blue loctite as well though. You will need to dremel off ~1.5” of the dust shield top and bottom most edges for the calipers to not contact them, other than that, its a direct fit.

Once everything is mounted up, do the normal bleeding procedure and enjoy! I personally did the old school method of having a second person in the car at first to help bleed. Afterwards, I initiated an abs bleed and used a Motiv Power Bleeder to finish it up.

If anyone has any questions at all about this, feel free to ask. I know some written guides are kind of vague and leave questions to be asked so please ask if you need clarification on anything.

(Wheels pictured are 19” Advan GT)
Attached Images

Last edited by Elliott_S; 01-25-2024 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: Added front pad sweep photo
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 01:21 PM   #2
Platinum Child
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tiag z4mc

Looks great. Looking to do a similar upgrade.

What pads did you use? Can you post a picture of the pad sweep on the front?

I have read that people use the gt500 pads for better sweep.
      01-23-2024, 01:47 PM   #3
Elliott_S
Rep

I just have some ebc reds in currently for streeting it. Don’t have any closeups currently of the fronts but 100% of the pad is being used. The only “free” space is maybe 2-3mm of the inner most ring of the rotor.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 07:46 AM   #4
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Is a pad installed in the front caliper in the close up pic of the front wheel and caliper? If there is then the unswept radial portion of the rotor is more than 2-3 mm.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 01:19 PM   #5
Elliott_S
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Is a pad installed in the front caliper in the close up pic of the front wheel and caliper? If there is then the unswept radial portion of the rotor is more than 2-3 mm.
It was not, was just doing a quick mock-up to show fitment under a 19” wheel.
Appreciate 0