BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

04-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #155
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip3's View Post
The only way to settle this to everyone's satisfaction is have a fight to the death cage match between all the tuners!
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #156
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Can't go wrong with either really
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #157
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

yes we do have to make a better video but we were screwing around last night and had a lil time...we were working on timing and it wasn't for real bc I had a passenger riding with me and we were cramped for time...therefore we are just posting a couple videos for the audience until we perfect it so bare with us
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #158
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBER ///M3 View Post
yes we do have to make a better video but we were screwing around last night and had a lil time...we were working on timing and it wasn't for real bc I had a passenger riding with me and we were cramped for time...therefore we are just posting a couple videos for the audience until we perfect it so bare with us
UBER ///M3....THX...for the effort ,and realization to make this all possible,and i know your car pulls also very well

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 04-06-2013 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #159
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
The only way to settle this to everyone's satisfaction is have a fight to the death cage match between all the tuners!
I'd like to see that fight ... imagine the fury??? Let them all in at the same time and take off the blindfolds.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #160
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:

Quote:
True, I don't really think the passenger will make a difference in the end, you did agree on this earlier. We will see, I did have my gear in the back, 70 pounds +/-. I did state to them that this was a rough draft of videos.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #161
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Can't go wrong with either really
+1

I am a BPM fan though!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #162
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post

True, I don't really think the passenger will make a difference in the end, you did agree on this earlier. We will see, I did have my gear in the back, 70 pounds +/-. I did state to them that this was a rough draft of videos.
Passenger does make a difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #163
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
Passenger does make a difference.
Okay, for your viewing pleasure we will do another (which was already planned) and there will be no passengers. I was also close to human weight in my car with my military gear, so with his advantages of already being lighter, newer (ie fresh clutch, low mileage engine, low mileage everything) I think this is still a good comparison. In the end we will never please the nit pickers, thats is just the way of life. Sorry.......
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #164
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
I'd like to see that fight ... imagine the fury??? Let them all in at the same time and take off the blindfolds.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #165
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #166
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
+1
+1
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #167
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Good runs! I say they were pretty damn close BUT, like with anything else, there could only be one 1st place winner and that goes to Mr. Benvo

Either way, both great products and each have their own perks.

Thanks for the video man
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #168
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
Good runs! I say they were pretty damn close BUT, like with anything else, there could only be one 1st place winner and that goes to Mr. Benvo

Either way, both great products and each have their own perks.

Thanks for the video man
Thanks! Like I said earlier we will squash this once and for all in the next week by doing a few more.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #169
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

To do it right, you'd need to swap tunes on the cars as well. Make sure both have fresh plugs and similar fuel and fuel load.

You guys are so easily convinced here.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #170
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
To do it right, you'd need to swap tunes on the cars as well. Make sure both have fresh plugs and similar fuel and fuel load.

If you would like to sponsor that kind of money that would be great. The OBD cables are VIN locked so we would need to buy another tune. We do run the same fuel from the same military gas stations.

Why would you say that we are so easily convinced?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #171
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post

yeah i alked it over with the Hamann tech when he did one of my buddys dynos today and it is impossible to match youre right about switching tunes on exact car bc it is a difference, but STI and I understand that. along with my 305s in the rear take away..this is from his years of experience...but its all in fun and fun doing it and great to entertain...we arnt pros..just a couple of guys with fun cars and the mighty Authobahn
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #172
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
If you would like to sponsor that kind of money that would be great. The OBD cables are VIN locked so we would need to buy another tune. We do run the same fuel from the same military gas stations.

Why would you say that we are so easily convinced?
yeah if he is willing to sponor, then we will gladly take it... does he want our addys to ship?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #173
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
UBER ///M3....THX...for the effort ,and realization to make this all possible,and i know your car pulls also very well
thanks its all in fun and for others to make their decisions to decide on a tune...mine goes under in a few months for a SC so gotta play while im 100% comfortable with my car before the big change
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #174
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
thanks its all in fun and for others to make their decisions to decide on a tune...mine goes under in a few months for a SC so gotta play while im 100% comfortable with my car before the big change
SC.....jesus....than i can expect another great post ?!?!
BTW.... SC & Germany =the great... G-Power SK II...i think ???
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #175
UBER ///M3
Germany
Rep

Quote:
SC.....jesus....than i can expect another great post ?!?!
BTW.... SC & Germany =the great... G-Power...i think ???
G-Power is very nice, but as you already know im an ESS fan all the way haha..my buddy is running a G-Power and...droolllllll to say the least on our 140 mile one way convoy today
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #176
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
the thing is this video was more of a teaser(for the nit pickers) bc as i was saying that we just happened to be together last night and had the Autobahn..thats why its dark out instead of daylight...there will be another video for sure for everyone to view with diff variables...and remember its all in fun my friends, just a tune and test pipes and us testing them out
So what about you admitting the BPM tune had more pull than your ESS tune? This would also be including the pulls prior to our "teaser" video. I am just asking from one veteran buddy to another.

I think we all know what was originally planned. We literally parked at a gas station and prepped my GoPro for the video. We both knew what was coming of that. Enlighten me if I am wrong.

We did the same gear and same RPM (4500) for these runs. The first run was dead even off the start, as for the second, UBER had the jump on the start. Sorry that the clips are so short but my GoPro was acting funny. The videos still show a good idea of whats going on.

DO YOU NOT AGREE UBER?

Last edited by STi_traitor; 04-07-2013 at 04:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread